Sponsored

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Why do people care so much about this? You have been able to order them for months either way.
Having Build & Price up also allows you to search Dealer Inventory up to a 100 mile radius from any Zip Code.

Can be handy if you are looking for a certain combo on a lot or want to see actual pictures of a NEW color ... provided dealer has on the lot and took actual pictures. Certainly is not as handy as it used to be when there were a ton of cars sitting on dealer lots pre-chip shortage.

Doug
Sponsored

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
So.... Basically Ford raised the prices to at or near the dealership ADM on the GT and some M1. So.... Expect most dealerships to tack on that extra Ford markup to the ADM they have already been gouging people with.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
It is amazing to me how screwed up this website is after it took them forever to get it up for 2022. There are so many errors in it...this is Ford's product website for one of their main products-good lord. I could make a list, but I will highlight a few. When you build a Mach 1 it makes it look like you get the gurney flap on a base Mach 1. Only by reading the detailed specs would you know otherwise. The specs for the engine HP reduction are wrong in the table. And they still haven't fixed the table where it looks like the Mach 1 doesn't have magneride on the front suspension.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It is amazing to me how screwed up this website is after it took them forever to get it up for 2022. There are so many errors in it...this is Ford's product website for one of their main products-good lord. I could make a list, but I will highlight a few. When you build a Mach 1 it makes it look like you get the gurney flap on a base Mach 1. Only by reading the detailed specs would you know otherwise. The specs for the engine HP reduction are wrong in the table. And they still haven't fixed the table where it looks like the Mach 1 doesn't have magneride on the front suspension.
They never fixed 2021 so be happy we got what we got. At least itā€™s something.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
Fwiw the gurney flap is the add on bit for the track and it is only shown on the HP. The text for the base spoiler has changed as well. The performance spoiler is mentioned on both the base and hp. Previously the base had a blade decklip spoiler. They differentiate between the base and hp performance spoilers in text as well by calling out the hp gets the flap. It looks like they made a change, not an error. The change is in multiple places and not just a copy paste.

Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope...if you start to build a Mach 1...the picture it shows has the gurney flap. It doesn't have the front splitter. Then in the details on the side it shows the "little" wing for the non-HP. I know because when I started to build one I at first thought they added the gurney flap for 22 to the base model and was about to get pissed off.

carcinoid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (sold)
Iā€™m surprised the forum isnā€™t going nuts over the major powertrain change for 2022. According to the configurator, the base engine is now a twin-turbo.

Ford messed this configurator up majorly. Itā€™s like they didnā€™t even try.

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
Since the 2022 Mustang Build Configurator is up, I thought I'd try it out. Funny, I got to a part where it was showing on the side of my browser a preview of the car I configured, and it looked like this (below). šŸ˜…

vehicle.png

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Since the 2022 Mustang Build Configurator is up, I thought I'd try it out. Funny, I got to a part where it was showing on the side of my browser a preview of the car I configured, and it looked like this (below). šŸ˜…

vehicle.png
That's how they come now, everything else costs extra šŸ˜„

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

vehicle.png
Yup, that's the new "base" version. For those of you that want windup windows and carburetors. :crackup: :cwl:

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB

vehicle.png
Shows that when your in the powertrain section.

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT, 2012 Black Golf GTi
OK, not to bad. My 2019 GT/CS was $49,990. the 2022 is $51,380. $1,390 difference. No bad, all thing considered.
Maybe you should trade yours in for a '22 Grabber Blue šŸ™„

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
Nope...if you start to build a Mach 1...the picture it shows has the gurney flap. It doesn't have the front splitter. Then in the details on the side it shows the "little" wing for the non-HP. I know because when I started to build one I at first thought they added the gurney flap for 22 to the base model and was about to get pissed off.
You are mistaken what a gurney flap is. its just the bolt on flap on the performance spoiler. The 700a and 600a details still list the 2021 info, but all the large pics and summary for the order list the performance spoiler. I guess we will see which one is true soon enough, but i think its much more likely the main page was updated and some package details got missed. There are a couple other places you can find 2021 assets as well. Its more obvious in some case like the old base price is listed.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are mistaken what a gurney flap is. its just the bolt on flap on the performance spoiler. The 700a and 600a details still list the 2021 info, but all the large pics and summary for the order list the performance spoiler. I guess we will see which one is true soon enough, but i think its much more likely the main page was updated and some package details got missed. There are a couple other places you can find 2021 assets as well. Its more obvious in some case like the old base price is listed.
Last post on this from me, but the configurator is screwed up-beyond what is excusable. For someone who doesn't know Mustangs in and out, it is misleading. If you just jump in and start building a Mach 1, the big main picture that is produced shows a base level M1 has the big wing with visible gaps from the handling pack on the back that you can attach a gurney flap to. Only if you look at the side pictures would you realize you get the small wing that is completely flat which is in the picture for the performance wing-very different from the big picture. So either the side bar is screwed up or the big picture is. I am betting that the base Mach 1s are still coming with the small one that is on mine. If that is the case, then the big picture for a base model should show the small wing. If you check the handling package, it should change to a HP Mach 1 with a big wing and the front splitter. Yes that might require some additional coding but a configurator website should show the right vehicle...at least for big things like a color, or a significant change like a big freaking spoiler.
Sponsored