Sponsored

2021 Mach1 Error Codes - Emissions

cgc9550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
So, the car is a 2021 Mach 1 with 12K, an ESS G3, Stainless works long tubes, hi flow cats and H-pipe.
Original tune wouldn't allow the car to complete readiensss sequence.
New tune get through readiness, but was throwing the typical p0420 code so I installed some mini-cats (non-foulers) on the o2s by the cats. p0420 errors gone.
However....now the car is throwing a p0153 and p0133 errors (slow to respond of the drivers side front and passenger rear o2s) and getting some stumbling while driving.

I'm not one to automatically start blaming the tuner, so I want feedback IF there is anything that can be adjusted in the tune to lengthen the time allowed for the 02s to respond. Or do I need to be looking somewhere else?

This is hanging me up on getting emissions test completed and getting a tag on this thing, so any constructive feedback is GREATLY appreciated.
Sponsored

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
thats caused by your mini cats, youre essentially adding a delay element to that feedback loop.

You may need to try a j-style non fouler and mess with the inserts.

OP
OP

cgc9550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
thats caused by your mini cats, youre essentially adding a delay element to that feedback loop.

You may need to try a j-style non fouler and mess with the inserts.
I originally got the p0402 and installed the "L" style mini-cat first which resulted in first occurrence of the p0153 and p0133 errors. I bought the shorter ones...same thing.

are you saying install the "L" style again but break up the catalyst material in it? Wouldn't essentially accomplish the same thing as installing the strait version of the mini-cats? Not trying to sound argumentative

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I originally got the p0402 and installed the "L" style mini-cat first which resulted in first occurrence of the p0153 and p0133 errors. I bought the shorter ones...same thing.

are you saying install the "L" style again but break up the catalyst material in it? Wouldn't essentially accomplish the same thing as installing the strait version of the mini-cats? Not trying to sound argumentative
No worries! I didn’t take it as argumentative at all!
But yes I would try a spacer that doesn’t have the catalyst material in it. That will give a faster response time and may help you out.

do keep an eye on your fuel trims if you can, not a huge concern but just in case any of these spacers start doing weird stuff. Always good to be prudent and safe

OP
OP

cgc9550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
No worries! I didn’t take it as argumentative at all!
But yes I would try a spacer that doesn’t have the catalyst material in it. That will give a faster response time and may help you out.

do keep an eye on your fuel trims if you can, not a huge concern but just in case any of these spacers start doing weird stuff. Always good to be prudent and safe

OK - so, took a pick tool to the "L" mini-cats to break up any element in them.....there isn't any (even though they advertise as having some material in there).
So, I'm going on the assumption that there are none in the short/strait mini-cats as well.

I'm half tempted to pull the ones I have on my 11GT that have kept me from throwing codes for the past several years and seeing if they have any element in them.

Regardless - back to the drawing board.
I'm going to send the datalog I did today to the tuner and see what he says. Don't know what else to do at this point.
Sponsored