2020 GT PP2 with 295/30/19

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
After looking, you are right, the 35's do look better. When it is time to replace these Nitto's I'm going to the mentioned Michelins above. I think Ill stay with 35, just need to decide on sticking with 295/35 in front or going back to the 305's it came with.
I personally like the 305s, its what the car is set up for so I figure I might as well stick with them. Some people complain about tramming with the 305s up front but I don't really have a big problem with it. But then I grew up with crappy roads, lots of log trucks, so it just seems normal to tram some. Does it a little no matter what size tire I've had.
Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Yeah, the 295's seem to tram pretty well anyway. And agree, the car was setup for 305's.

bigmixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP2
The 35s do fill it up better. And I've had no issues as far as driving goes, actually rides smoother than the cup2s that came on it.

IMG_20200419_114730_185.jpg
Man that looks good! Did you go with 305/35/19 on all 4 corners? Stock ride height or are you lowered? I'm trying to decide on what tire size to go with to replace the Cup 2s as well.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I just realized another annoying concept of the previous owner doing 305/35 in rear and 295/35 in front, tire rotation...

I'll def be going back to the stock 305 front and rear when it comes time.I'll prob keep the 35's.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Man that looks good! Did you go with 305/35/19 on all 4 corners? Stock ride height or are you lowered? I'm trying to decide on what tire size to go with to replace the Cup 2s as well.
Yeah, 305/35/19 on all four and not lowered. I like how the 35s fill in the giant wheel well gap it had with the cup 2s. The ride is much smoother compared to the cup 2s also.

Sponsored

bigmixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP2
Yeah, 305/35/19 on all four and not lowered. I like how the 35s fill in the giant wheel well gap it had with the cup 2s. The ride is much smoother compared to the cup 2s also.
Do you notice any difference in handling?

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Do you notice any difference in handling?
Really hard to compare since I only had the cups on for less than 100 miles. But I have run the 555G2s on a track and I have no complaints. I thought they did great, took everything I threw at them. I'm sure the cups would be way better, but I only track my car a couple times a year. I do however take spirited runs to the mountains and they've done great there too. For my driving needs I have no complaints.

bigmixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP2
Really hard to compare since I only had the cups on for less than 100 miles. But I have run the 555G2s on a track and I have no complaints. I thought they did great, took everything I threw at them. I'm sure the cups would be way better, but I only track my car a couple times a year. I do however take spirited runs to the mountains and they've done great there too. For my driving needs I have no complaints.
Gotcha. I need a tire that I can take a road trip without worrying about rain, but at the same time keep me between the ditches on those spirited grocery store runs. I might do a track day or 2 this summer as well. I’ve narrowed it down to the Nittos, PS4s, & the Conti Extreme Sports.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Gotcha. I need a tire that I can take a road trip without worrying about rain, but at the same time keep me between the ditches on those spirited grocery store runs. I might do a track day or 2 this summer as well. I’ve narrowed it down to the Nittos, PS4s, & the Conti Extreme Sports.
For the money the nitto G2s are your best bet. Everyone seems to love the other two as well but they will drain the wallet a bit more. I've run my nittos on the track while raining and they stuck amazingly well...once warmed up. As for daily driving I've had no issue with them that I haven't had with any other tire in the rain. Easy to spin taking off but grip well while cornering. Some people hate the nitto but for me I can't complain at all about them. I've got 9000 miles on them and so far and no signs of wear at all.

bigmixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP2
For the money the nitto G2s are your best bet. Everyone seems to love the other two as well but they will drain the wallet a bit more. I've run my nittos on the track while raining and they stuck amazingly well...once warmed up. As for daily driving I've had no issue with them that I haven't had with any other tire in the rain. Easy to spin taking off but grip well while cornering. Some people hate the nitto but for me I can't complain at all about them. I've got 9000 miles on them and so far and no signs of wear at all.
Yeah. That’s exactly what I need. I definitely like the price of the Nittos in comparison to the the other 2.

Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Previous owner put the Nitto G2's on when the cups wore out I guess. They are fine so far for me. I may swap to Michelin's next, just like Michelin.

CUL8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT vert. PP1, 401A, AE, 6spd, ESS G2/G3
They sure do! I love how they fill up the well! But my gosh, they're expensive. $500 more for those 35's up here in Ontario Canada (for a set of 4). I ordered the PS4S's in 305/30's... found the best pricing (which is still a fortune 🤦🏽‍♂️)...
Hey Colin,
Where did you end up getting your tires from? I'm considering going up to PS4S's 305's sometime next season.
Thanks,
John

OP
OP
quikcolin

quikcolin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
Hey Colin,
Where did you end up getting your tires from? I'm considering going up to PS4S's 305's sometime next season.
Thanks,
John
I ended up with PS4S’s 305/19/30. They’ve been awesome. I have a kit 4000km on them and they look new still. I bought them from blackcircles.ca

CUL8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT vert. PP1, 401A, AE, 6spd, ESS G2/G3
I ended up with PS4S’s 305/19/30. They’ve been awesome. I have a kit 4000km on them and they look new still. I bought them from blackcircles.ca
Thanks Colin!

My 20 came with the PS4S's and definitely can't complain about them... except for some reason the back ones keep loosing traction when my foot gets heavy :). Will upgrade to the wider 305 when it comes time.
P.s. My package from Levittown is in London and scheduled for delivery today :)

Have a great weekend!

John

Last edited:
OP
OP
quikcolin

quikcolin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
Thanks Colin!

My 20 came with the PS4S's and definitely can't complain about them... except for some reason the back ones keep loosing traction when my foot gets heavy :). Will upgrade to the wider 305 when it comes time.
P.s. My package from Levittown is in London and scheduled for delivery today :)

Have a great weekend!

John
That sure is exciting!!!! Let me know how you make out!!!
Sponsored