Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
I hit up ford performance chat about my bullitt for the first time since I bought it. Build date slipped two days to 6/20.
Sponsored

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
ice-capades over on Blue Oval Forums just posted this morning that no 2019s are going to be scheduled this week (same as last week).
Yeah, it’s pretty irritating that you can spend $50k + on a new car and it takes forever to get it. Been nearly 2 months since I ordered mine and so far nothing! No VIN, not scheduled, nothing. In the mean time my trade keeps devaluing because my dealer won’t talk about that until the new car arrives.

Mhjr74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS, Ford Explorer
Does anybody know why there have been no builds scheduled the last 2 weeks? This is getting frustrating.

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Does anybody know why there have been no builds scheduled the last 2 weeks? This is getting frustrating.
The 2019 line wasn't scheduled to start until June 13th.

Also, Flat Rock will close production during the week of July 2nd and July 9th.

I'm looking forward to picking up my 2019 GT (Build date 6/28) in late August or early September and enjoying the ride!

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
yea. not even gonna expect anything before labor day.

its okay, the wait just makes it all the more sweeter when its time for pick up.

also gives me some time to pick up a set of winter tires/wheels.

ya never know with the weather down around here.

Sponsored

Mhjr74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=35209]ALLSTOCK[/MENTION] - what region in the DMV? Our winters are crazy, it will be like Miami here in a few years so you may not need snow tires.

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
[MENTION=35209]ALLSTOCK[/MENTION] - what region in the DMV? Our winters are crazy, it will be like Miami here in a few years so you may not need snow tires.
moco =)

Mhjr74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like there are a few of us in the DMV who have ordered our recently received a PPL2.

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
The 2019 line wasn't scheduled to start until June 13th.

Also, Flat Rock will close production during the week of July 2nd and July 9th.

I'm looking forward to picking up my 2019 GT (Build date 6/28) in late August or early September and enjoying the ride!
Do you really expect it to take 2 months to get the car delivered after it’s built?

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Do you really expect it to take 2 months to get the car delivered after it’s built?
Yes, based on my dealer telling me when I ordered the car April 23rd to expect delivery late August or early September and rail shipping delays. He may have underpromised and will over deliver, but I don't set myself up for disappointment by expecting an early/mid-August delivery date. They are a hi-volume Ford dealer so no worries with order allocation.

Maybe a Labor Day delivery window will have a decent rebate available!

Sponsored

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Yes, based on my dealer telling me when I ordered the car April 23rd to expect delivery late August or early September and rail shipping delays. He may have underpromised and will over deliver, but I don't set myself up for disappointment by expecting an early/mid-August delivery date. They are a hi-volume Ford dealer so no worries with order allocation.

Maybe a Labor Day delivery window will have a decent rebate available!
Thanks for the info Kep. I see you have order for a car almost identical to mine. My order went in 4/11 and I have nothing so far. I want velocity blue too but was afraid of ordering it sight unseen so went with magnetic with the thought I may have time to change when Ford releases something official on the color. We’re you able to see velocity blue from a reliable source or are the you just taking your chances?

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Thanks for the info Kep. I see you have order for a car almost identical to mine. My order went in 4/11 and I have nothing so far. I want velocity blue too but was afraid of ordering it sight unseen so went with magnetic with the thought I may have time to change when Ford releases something official on the color. We’re you able to see velocity blue from a reliable source or are the you just taking your chances?
Yeah, I'm taking a bit of a gamble with Velocity Blue, but I have a few images in an album here so hopefully you can see that on my profile page. No idea how to post pics here.

Have you seen the recent overhead pic of the GT-500? I believe that's Velocity Blue. Seems to be a bit lighter blue than Lightning Blue, which was my original preference.
I live in So-Cal and Magnetic GT's are everywhere! Great color, just all over the place here. I like Highland Green, don't want a Bullitt. I like Crimson and Triple-yellow... they dumped those for 2019.

Not sure why Ford is playing Secret Squirrel with Velocity Blue...:shrug:

jenksdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah, it’s pretty irritating that you can spend $50k + on a new car and it takes forever to get it. Been nearly 2 months since I ordered mine and so far nothing! No VIN, not scheduled, nothing. In the mean time my trade keeps devaluing because my dealer won’t talk about that until the new car arrives.
My dealer guaranteed my trade value, no matter the delivery date. Another dealer would as long as I didn't get more than 2500 miles on it in the meantime, meaning the offer was likely going to not be worth the time I spend hearing about it.

Alt option, CarMax. They gave the best offer, but it's good for 7 days. Nothing says your trade has to be with the dealer you're buying from, especially if they won't put an offer in writing for the sale price and the trade offer, and stand behind it.
Sponsored