Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Teej

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 401A, PP2 & 2017 Mazda 6 6spd
We had a stretch of about 3 weeks last year where I would wash the car, go inside to have lunch, and the car would have a greenish cast when I came back outside after eating.
Even parking in my garage didn't seem to help much. I need to find a good car cover for the mustang when I get it. If only to be used when it's "stored" during the winter or rainy days, but also to help try to keep it clean, even when it is in the garage. I may eventually get my garage insulated and heated / cooled so maybe that would help some as well.
Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Yeah pollen and birds are not car friendly. I will have a car cover mainly because my little VW GTI racer occupies my spot in the garage. Kona Blue won't be too much better than black to keep clean, but it will be better.....I hope :-)

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Yeah pollen and birds are not car friendly. I will have a car cover mainly because my little VW GTI racer occupies my spot in the garage. Kona Blue won't be too much better than black to keep clean, but it will be better.....I hope :-)
Are you going to use a car cover outside? I did that one time, and it was not pretty. Any dust or grit that gets blown under the cover gets ground into the paint where the cover rubs, plus paint scuffing from the cover itself moving in the wind was nasty. Covers have been an indoor storage "prevent the garage rash" item for me ever since. And since we haven't added the garage to the house yet .....

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Used outside. I have not had a problem with the one for my Cayman. I did get a pretty good cover though. I agree that some types of covers can be prone to those things you mentioned.

2019StangPP1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 (ordered 12/21), 2005 Chevy Impala
Nothing as pretty as a freshly cleaned black car. Then it's May, and by the time the back of the car is cleaned, you can see where the front is already covered in pollen. Ask me how I know.
I know all to well. The pollen is horrible here on the Lake Michigan shore.

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Used outside. I have not had a problem with the one for my Cayman. I did get a pretty good cover though. I agree that some types of covers can be prone to those things you mentioned.
What type / brand did you get? If they've improved in the (admittedly long) time since I last tried one, I may reconsider.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Covercraft. They can be expensive, but they are custom fit for the car so they are pretty snug. I have the weather shield for the Cayman and will probably get the same for the Mustang.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine was also a fitted Covercraft, but it was well back in the day. I'll take a look and see if they've changed. Thanks,

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Sales guy just text me my VIN and said from what they see the car will be there 30 April. I tracked it using VIN and EDD is 6 May. I don't get home till 12 May so both dates work for me. Vehicle isn't in production yet so I hope I miss all the crazy parts issues like the steering wheel debacle lol. Ordered 1/26 so that puts it at just over 3 months for delivery. The excitement is soooo real!!!!

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
Sales guy just text me my VIN and said from what they see the car will be there 30 April. I tracked it using VIN and EDD is 6 May. I don't get home till 12 May so both dates work for me. Vehicle isn't in production yet so I hope I miss all the crazy parts issues like the steering wheel debacle lol. Ordered 1/26 so that puts it at just over 3 months for delivery. The excitement is soooo real!!!!
What is your planned built date?

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
What is your planned built date?
It doesn't say. I'm on the ford vehicle tracking page and it explains when I get a VIN there should be a build date too but nothing is there

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
I was just wondering. I ordered mine a week later than yours. I hope to receive it in the same dates.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Me too. I hope everyone gets what they order in a timely manner though lol

kkjjkk12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
So I really need to rant right now.

Apologize in advance if this isn’t the place but I’m bothered and I feel like you all would be the ones to truly understand.

I’ve been waiting 6 months for my 19 GT.

I finally get pictures of it today and see that it’s been unwrapped, driven, and muddied by someone’s dirty feet getting in and out of the drivers seat. Looks like there are foot marks in the rockers. There aren’t any floor mats down and there are crumbs on my center console.
Best part it’s listed with pictures on their website for sale and it’s got 34 miles on it already.

I know mileage happens when moving a car but this seems excessive. Are strangers test driving my baby before I know she’s there?

It’s not like I’m a risky sell. I have excellent credit, a trade in, and I’ve been preapproved for nearly $15k more than I will need to cover the cost of the car.

I don’t know how to handle this situation. I just know I’m fucking angry other people have been possibly damaging my 50k ride that I’ve waited half a year for before I’ve even laid eyes on her.

What was your mileage at drive away? What’s typical ? Is this normal with special orders?

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
At the very least, that seems like really bad form on the dealership's part. Just my opinion, they should have called you the day it arrived, and asked when you wanted to pick it up. If you balked, then they could throw it up on the website for sale, but - again in my opinion - that car is spoken for until you say no.

If it's all cosmetic stuff, I would save the photos and make them clean the car within an inch of it's life before you took delivery. If you have a value on how much "damage" was done by not delivering a virgin to you, negotiate. Ceramic coating? All-weather floormats? $2K off the price? 100K mile extended warranty? It's worth something, hopefully they'll work with you.

All that said, they may say it's their car until it's yours, and everything that was done was normal and necessary. Then you just have to decide if you want to live with it or let them keep the car after all this time. That would suck, but it happens. My car was a special order, but not by me. Guy who ordered it couldn't wait any longer and let it go. It sat on the dealer's lot for at least 3-4 months before I picked it up. When I agreed to buy it after texting/emailing the salesman for a month, he said it had 9 miles on it. When I actually picked it up, it had 14. I don't think 34 is crazy, but for an ordered car I'd expect close to zero or a serious explanation.

Best of luck on this one...
Sponsored