Sponsored

2019 Mustang GT Premium - In Depth Write-up and Pics

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Congrats! Similar to my wish list other than I am getting the A10 and 400a (like the ceramic interior).

On a separate note, how how the Airedale been? My wife loves the look of the breed.
Sponsored

Jiki05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I think your salesman was full of BS. "Includes everything" is pretty clear. He knew that after all waiting for a special order he could screw you and squeeze an extra $1500 out of you, and he was right.
Yeah, I would've walked out right there if they said that to me.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Congrats, I also did Ruby Red, for my '18. And like you, my '18 was a replacement for a S197 GT.

As to the seat coolers, as you say I've found very little (no) cooling effect in the seatback. I think that's a "working as designed" characteristic, so I don't plan on any kind of service for it.

Based on what you say about the panel gaps, your car was put together better-than-average. Maybe someone is paying closer attention to the '19s, or yours got done by the "A" shift.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Congrats, I also did Ruby Red, for my '18. And like you, my '18 was a replacement for a S197 GT.

As to the seat coolers, as you say I've found very little (no) cooling effect in the seatback. I think that's a "working as designed" characteristic, so I don't plan on any kind of service for it.

Based on what you say about the panel gaps, your car was put together better-than-average. Maybe someone is paying closer attention to the '19s, or yours got done by the "A" shift.
I'm trying to decide between leather and cloth, and my decision is mainly tempurature related, not cost. I live in a HOT place (triple digits for the last few weeks, and the second digit is a 1 not 0). So, how does the cooled seat work? I read somewhere that it recycles interior air, and the OP said he was driving with windows down, so it makes sense it never cooled down. Any insight to exactly how it works? I've test driven the cooled seats and I definitely felt it, but it took a few minutes to cool down.

Sponsored

OP
OP

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium ETA 8/3/18
How are you liking the nickel rims? I think you’re the first person I’ve seen here opt for them. I was going back and forth a lot on my PP1.
I love the nickel rims! They look great. Only issue so far is that there's a lot of brake dust, so they do not stay clean for long. I haven't had time to figure out what product to use to help with that, since I've been having so much fun with the car!

OP
OP

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the write up! Beautiful color choice. Really digging the wheels, too.

Is the auto rev match always on? On the Camaro it defaults to off at each startup. Has led to a few clunky downshifts when I forgot to flick it back on..
The rev match is on by default, but it can be turned off in the car menu. I actually haven't bothered to turn it off, because it works really well. I have not had any clunky shifts so far.

OP
OP

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great car and thanks for taking the time to post.

This is the part that gets me:
He just said he misread my "does this include taxes and everything?" e-mail, and said it was "his bad". He told me the initial invoice was just more an "estimate". Pretty pissed at this point, since I'd have taken out a larger loan, but now this is additional unexpected cost is coming from my savings. So I said whatever, it is what it is. I paid the extra cost.

This is a very old trick and it's been pulled on me at least three times. One of those times I showed up with a cashiers check and they said there was a mistake and wanted more and I slid the check over and said "no, take it or leave it"..................they took it.

Sorry to add a dash of negativity but I don't like seeing this happen to good people who are spending a lot of money.

Regardless, the car looks awesome and I know you'll enjoy it!
I always figured since I was doing A/Z plan, that things were set. My parents have used this salesman for many cars, so I'm not sure what to think. I'm just trying to enjoy the car at this point and forget it. I will be writing the sales manager and requesting some maintenance visits to be compensated.

OP
OP

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP, just curious, does the rev match default to on or off?
Defaults to on. You can turn it off within the menu. I'm not sure if you can make it default to off yet.

Sponsored
OP
OP

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats! Similar to my wish list other than I am getting the A10 and 400a (like the ceramic interior).

On a separate note, how how the Airedale been? My wife loves the look of the breed.
Thank you. And the dog is a good breed. Doesn't shed at all. They are very smart dogs, but can be stubborn at times. He gets really excited seeing other dogs or people and tends to forget his training, e.g. he will want to run up to greet people when we go on walks, and he is not supposed to do that. Airedales just require a lot of mental stimulation.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Nice color. Nice car and dog. I will put aside a couple months to read the rest of your write up......maybe. lol

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Damn this post is making me miss Ann Arbor. Never thought I would EVER say that. Love the color and wheel combo!

Also... I can't imagine driving this car without the Steeda clutch spring.

Driversedge18

SPIRIT OF AMERICA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ECOBOOST PREMIUM
Vehicle Showcase
Fantastic ride & informative review. Enjoy that new 2019 Mustang GT.:flag:

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
I love the nickel rims! They look great. Only issue so far is that there's a lot of brake dust, so they do not stay clean for long. I haven't had time to figure out what product to use to help with that, since I've been having so much fun with the car!
You can do a ceramic pro coat on your rims which keep them easy to clean.
Sponsored