Sponsored

2019 Mustang GT Owners, Any problems with the car yet?

Bullit69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
You have a 19 also. I’d first take it to Ford make sure the irs is aligned properly, as I’ve heard stories where the irs is not aligned properly from the factory.

my car handles like a charm now that I swapped out those Perrelis, you my be rolling on Perrelis as well. Worth a check with Ford to take a look under there. After all that’s why you have the factory warranty.....
Keep us posted to see what works for ya!
Sponsored

Bullit69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
You have a 19 also. I’d first take it to Ford make sure the irs is aligned properly, as I’ve heard stories where the irs is not aligned properly from the factory.

my car handles like a charm now that I swapped out those Perrelis, you my be rolling on Perrelis as well. Worth a check with Ford to take a look under there. After all that’s why you have the factory warranty.....
Keep us payed to see what works for ya!

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Hi JC, I’m located in El Paso also. The PS4SS had about 20k. Never imaged they were the tires till I took it to Ford.

Initially I heard some humming coming from the front and rear and thought the suspension was really stiff and thats the way it sounds, also going thru curves and corners I absolutely had to use two hands... I still thought hey it’s a sports car.

anyhow when I took it to Ford, they stated my tires where cupping, so I purchased a new set of Continental Contact sport SRS. WOW! Those tires transferred the cars ride and handling completely along with the Steeda x brace. Now I just need to install the irs bushings.

It’s luxurious but at the say time sporty and compliant, I haven’t even noticed the wheel Hope at all people usually state they experience, they hook right up also, very impressed with the tires, I usually get Michelin Pilots, but my buddy sold me on the Continentals.
If the tires were cupping, that sounds to me like alignment or balance issues.

Did you get an alignment?

I wonder how much was the tires and how much was the alignment or tire rebalancing.

It states here
http://casestudies.atlanticmotorcar.com/tire-wear-tire-cupping-causes-and-correction/#:~:text=Tire cupping is an uneven,road, scooping rubber in spots.

That tire cupping can be caused by:
Tires Out Of Balance
Bent Rim
Worn Suspension Parts.

Tire cupping will cause
The worn bits are usually 3-4 inches in diameter. The cupped tire may cause a rumbling noise when driving at higher speeds, and is often mistaken for a worn wheel bearing. Your ride may also be quite harsh at slower speeds, due to this issue.
Sounds like you could have simply lost a tire weight or they were not balanced correctly. The new tires were balanced correctly and the rumbling noise and harsh ride were gone.

Also wonder how your tire pressure was. If it also was a little high I would bet it would add to the harsh feel. New tires, I am sure they inflated them correctly or at least you did. I always have to deflate the tires. My tire shops tend to over inflate them even when I tell them the correct pressure.

BlackMambaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gord
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I have the Goodyear Eagle F1's on my car. I've already solved the IRS movement issue by installing the BMR CB005 kit and having it aligned. I guess that's what I've been trying to say. A simple $300 kit and an alignment fixed the issue, which people have been complaining about since the IRS debuted in 2015. I mean come on Ford, fix it at the factory already.

Bullit69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
If the tires were cupping, that sounds to me like alignment or balance issues.

Did you get an alignment?
No alignment, which is why initially it threw me off. I’m very sensitive to how a cats suspension feels. It drove true and straight, no bounciness except with one road. The rims are in excellent condition all weights were present. I should have looked at the tread more closely.

I did have the tires deflated to 32 psi, since they were in tally at 38 to 40, non matched.... go figure

the guys at discount tire stated that my tires still had life in them.

You could not see the cupping, till it’s on a lift, the cupping occurred on the inside of the tires. Perhaps being overinflated caused this...

Ford did not state I needed an alignment, and it drives perfect after the tire install, even if these guys overinflated them to 38... ugh can’t anyone get the psi right !

I will get them back down to 33.

It states here
http://casestudies.atlanticmotorcar.com/tire-wear-tire-cupping-causes-and-correction/#:~:text=Tire cupping is an uneven,road, scooping rubber in spots.

That tire cupping can be caused by:
Tires Out Of Balance
Bent Rim
Worn Suspension Parts.

Tire cupping will cause

Sounds like you could have simply lost a tire weight or they were not balanced correctly. The new tires were balanced correctly and the rumbling noise and harsh ride were gone.

Also wonder how your tire pressure was. If it also was a little high I would bet it would add to the harsh feel. New tires, I am sure they inflated them correctly or at least you did. I always have to deflate the tires. My tire shops tend to over inflate them even when I tell them the correct pressure.
Thanks for posting that article, awesome read.
Yes the tires where overinflated, gotta love these tires shops over inflating tires, lazy fuckers...

mom surprised with these Continentals, currently over inflated and the car drives good. Will be swinging by the tires shop to get that corrected...

I’ll probably do an alignment this month when I take it to Ford for so maintenance that I have scheduled, maybe an A10 fluid replacement since it’ll be there already.
Sponsored