2019 ford mustang gt steering issue

Cjxtreme09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clifton
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang gt 5.0
Hello me again. I bought a used 2019 mustang gt. And so far everything is ok. But I notice that whenever I'm backing out or pulling into a spot, feels like my front brakes are tightening up or something maybe a little grinding. Then I notice maybe doing 60 or 70 it's like I have a slight tug to the right like a gust of wind kind of jerked me to the right sometimes. Sometimes to left gets a little wobbly leads me to believe it could be a brakes/steering issue? Does this make sense? Also should I be seeing alot of fumes from the hood everything I drive? Usually after I've been driving for 20-30 minutes
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Fumes from under the hood?
Absolutely not!
What do the fumes smell like? Burning oil from a leak would be most likely but exhaust gas or a sweet coolant are possibilities.
For the "steering" my first thought was a bearing but could be a brake not releasing or, less likely, one of several ball joints or rubber bushing

OP
OP

Cjxtreme09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clifton
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang gt 5.0
Hard to say what it smells like. Little bit of gas in my opinion

OP
OP

Cjxtreme09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clifton
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang gt 5.0
Lol I did. Just waiting til I save the money to get it looked at

Sponsored

Eyesac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Isaac
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP
I think you could be dealing with a couple issues. Depending on the tires I run, I get a "non-ackermann" steering binding feeling and even a tire skipping, chirping noise at low speed in and out of parking spots. It seems the sticker the tire the more I notice it. If this is the case, nothing wrong, just the way it is imo.
The uneasy feeling could be a wheel bearing, typically the rear, and it can give you an uneasy feeling like the rear is moving around in an unpredictable way. I've had to replace a total of x3 rear wheel bearings on two S550s and there was no noise or any other sign that a bearing was going bad except the weird feeling.

SnowFox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grabber
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2017 ECOboost, Saleen S351
Hello me again. I bought a used 2019 mustang gt. And so far everything is ok. But I notice that whenever I'm backing out or pulling into a spot, feels like my front brakes are tightening up or something maybe a little grinding. Then I notice maybe doing 60 or 70 it's like I have a slight tug to the right like a gust of wind kind of jerked me to the right sometimes. Sometimes to left gets a little wobbly leads me to believe it could be a brakes/steering issue? Does this make sense? Also should I be seeing alot of fumes from the hood everything I drive? Usually after I've been driving for 20-30 minutes
As stated. No you should not be seeing any fumes at all. Can you give a better description of the fumes? I.e. smells fruity, makes my brain hurt, did somebody light hair on fire? Ect...I'm not kidding that actually helps narrow it down.

The steering issue. As described it could be a handful of things. First check off the basics. Give a solid visual inspection on both sides checking all components. See if you can spot a difference from one side vs the other. Jack the car up, try and move the wheel around (not rotation but in and out) see if you have any "play"

The power steering rack could* be a culprit that causes both your symptoms. I say could because I'm not aware of them producing fumes when going bad, but I don't see why they couldn't either.

OP
OP

Cjxtreme09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clifton
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang gt 5.0
I have an exhaust leak. That maybe the fumes I see. Smells of exhaust
Sponsored