Sponsored

2018 + rumor mill... let's hear it!

RaceRedGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Race Red #1888
Having said that I would suggest that Ford may produce more R models in the 2017MY based on an early start in Flat Rock which ramps up later this week.

;)
That's impossible. According to the knowledgeable folks on here, it will be limited to 360.
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
So, I would consider one of the largest mustang dealers, as does this site, an outstanding source of info on Mustangs. I have never met Jim Owens, but don't need to. He confirmed in an interview at one of the track attack's that it was going onto MY18. Unless you are calling that guy a liar. Additionally, another member here spoke with a Ford R&D guy that confirmed it could as well.

Not saying you don't have "sources", but neither of us really know. You choose to believe what you want to and I will do the same.
Baseless rumor. :ninja:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
So, I would consider one of the largest mustang dealers, as does this site, an outstanding source of info on Mustangs. I have never met Jim Owens, but don't need to. He confirmed in an interview at one of the track attack's that it was going onto MY18. Unless you are calling that guy a liar. Additionally, another member here spoke with a Ford R&D guy that confirmed it could as well.

Not saying you don't have "sources", but neither of us really know. You choose to believe what you want to and I will do the same.
I don't care how large a dealership is. They will not control gt350 production numbers. I hope the gt350 production is done with 2017. I don't want to see a 2018+ gt350 because by that time it'll be out gunned by the competition, and I'd rather see an advanced new mustang kicking the competitions ass. Also it makes our cars that much more rare and special. I don't want the gt350 to become a cookie cutter car like the gt500 was. Not that the gt500 was bad, it just became dated. Thank god the gt350 came back out and discontinued the gt500. Also just because 100000 people want a gt350 and are trying to get a gt350 doesn't mean ford will produce them because they want them. Hell I'd love for ford to lower the price of the new GT and make it easier for me to get one but that's not going to happen.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
So, myself? My wife? Father? Sister? Grandfather? All veterans.

Do you have a lock on being a jackass on the forum today, so the rest of us should step aside?
Can I ask how old you are and do you have a gt350 yet?

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
That's impossible. According to the knowledgeable folks on here, it will be limited to 360.
Since I really appreciate low production numbers I like the sounds of the 360 units to be built for the 2017MY and hopefully my R model will be built on Friday.

Just so we are on the same page is this a production number that you can confirm or someone else on this forum can confirm as legitimized by Ford or Ford Performance?

Again certainly not questioning this number as being legit but had not heard this number before and want to understand the source of your information?

:shrug:

OW_GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350R, OW, Black Roof
Since I really appreciate low production numbers I like the sounds of the 360 units to be built for the 2017MY and hopefully my R model will be built on Friday.

Just so we are on the same page is this a production number that you can confirm or someone else on this forum can confirm as legitimized by Ford or Ford Performance?

Again certainly not questioning this number as being legit but had not heard this number before and want to understand the source of your information?

:shrug:
Hey man, not to get caught up in the drama, but I think he is referencing the number the other SC poster was talking about. [MENTION=15817]DrumReaper[/MENTION] posted 3600/360 as the numbers for the GT350.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, myself? My wife? Father? Sister? Grandfather? All veterans.

Do you have a lock on being a jackass on the forum today, so the rest of us should step aside?
Lol... You sure do employ a lot of integrity soldier... But, anyways, thanks for yours and your family's service.

I deploy tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to it.

I'll leave you here to fuss semantics as you see them. Congratz on your cars... Welcome to the Mustang community. Some of us have been longtime Mustang owners and admirers... We didn't come to the game just cause the 350 is that good... We've been loyal to the car for a lifetime.

I certainly wish you the same admiration from your cars. :ford:

Super Moderator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Everyone is being warned to keep it civil and stop with the insults. Anything further will result in your posts being deleted and posting privileges removed.

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
I don't think the GT350/R will be produced past 2018. That car will likely be very similar to the 2017 one. I bet they don't release any track focused car in 2019 and then release something in 2020. It won't be a 350 but it will follow the heritage.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Hey man, not to get caught up in the drama, but I think he is referencing the number the other SC poster was talking about. @DrumReaper posted 3600/360 as the numbers for the GT350.
Just as I thought as you are relying on other posters for gospel truth about Ford production numbers and years of production for the GT350.

Having said that I have the utmost respect for the above poster and will consider it factual and will try to confirm his findings over the next few days as that would be terrific in my books.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

OW_GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350R, OW, Black Roof
Just as I thought as you are relying on other posters for gospel truth about Ford production numbers and years of production for the GT350.

Having said that I have the utmost respect for the above poster and will consider it factual and will try to confirm his findings over the next few days as that would be terrific in my books.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
I haven't said anything about production numbers man. I think you have me and RaceRed confused.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Aside from almost a 30 year difference in ages between us and many years of experience with respect to Mustang and the Ford Motor Company you continually rely on posts and/or social media probably from people most of which you probably do not even know in order to justify your position.

In my case I draw information from people that in fact I do know most of which are with the Ford Motor Company which is a far cry from your present agenda.

I suggest that you try it some time after which time many of the members on this forum would take you much more seriously.

:cheers:
Sponsored