Sponsored

2018 PP rear wing

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
My '16 had "rear spoiler delete" as part of the Performance Package option.

I thought all the PP's prior to '18 MY came with no rear "spoller", as Durwood Waldrip says.

Is that incorrect? Any PP1 car I've seen (all 2 of them besides mine, very small sample size) had no rear spoiler.
Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
They've always been for looks..from the 1960's to modern times..well maybe except for that old Superbird/Daytona wing..Now in high speed professional racing I'm sure they are functional.

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof

I thought all the PP's prior to '18 MY came with no rear "spoller", as Durwood Waldrip says.

Is that incorrect? Any PP1 car I've seen (all 2 of them besides mine, very small sample size) had no rear spoiler.
Correct, '18+ comes with the spoiler or a spoiler delete for PP1.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

That's correct..the PP option deleted the rear trunk spoiler for '15-'17 s550 gt's.. ..but I think the anniversary gt's had PP and spoiler..

draph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT PP1

I started shopping these cars in 2016 - didn't like Camaro ergo/visibility and didn't like Mustang ride/handling and no heated wheel for my year round driving plans...so waited for and bought the 2018, which got Mustang close enough to Camaro 2SS in driving feel and leapfrogged a bit with interior design...So, I know the spoiler delete with PP1 was "standard" with the PP1 price (you couldn't get a spoiler on PP1 if you wanted it). In 2018 PP1 price increased $1000, added the spoiler and nothing else, and the previously standard, now optional "spoiler delete" didn't credit the $1000 back. I like either look, but decided will take what I paid for... I'd like to think Ford's costs of the spoiler are more than $1000 and the buyers who choose "spoiler delete" with no credit back subsidized my cost of "only" an extra $1000 from the prior year.

Sponsored

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
Can you provide a link? Previous interviews I read/watched from around the time of the 2018 unveil stated that the PP1 wing is functional and provides 60lbs of downforce at 80mph. I mean, that’s not enough to make any real difference, but it does indeed do something. :p
I’ve read the same thing, and I do like the wing!

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I started shopping these cars in 2016 - didn't like Camaro ergo/visibility and didn't like Mustang ride/handling and no heated wheel for my year round driving plans...so waited for and bought the 2018, which got Mustang close enough to Camaro 2SS in driving feel and leapfrogged a bit with interior design...So, I know the spoiler delete with PP1 was "standard" with the PP1 price (you couldn't get a spoiler on PP1 if you wanted it). In 2018 PP1 price increased $1000, added the spoiler and nothing else, and the previously standard, now optional "spoiler delete" didn't credit the $1000 back. I like either look, but decided will take what I paid for... I'd like to think Ford's costs of the spoiler are more than $1000 and the buyers who choose "spoiler delete" with no credit back subsidized my cost of "only" an extra $1000 from the prior year.
Well if you want to lose that spoiler and get a trunk lid "spoiler delete" plus cash let me know..Im just the next state over..

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
When is someone gonna make a cheaper exact copy?
Sponsored