Sponsored

2018 Mustang Performance Package Level 2 (PP2) "Tremor Package" Contents Revealed

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
For anyone in the Mid-Atlantic region, I can refer you to the guy I ordered my car through. Should be able to easily beat invoice/X-Plan prices.

Koons Sterling?
Sponsored

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Koons Sterling?
Placed an order with them initially but ended up cancelling it when I found out about the delivery time-frame. A week later Ted Britt reached out and sweetened the deal even more, so I ended up locking things up with them.

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
My Mach1 was bad in my area with 265 front and 335 rear. I imagine this will be comparable or only a little worse. I'm not to worried.

After I wear out the Cup 2's I my go down to a lower tire. Depends on if I feel its worth the price difference.
You still looking for a dealer? If so, hit me up and I will send you my guy's info. He won't let you down.

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
You still looking for a dealer? If so, hit me up and I will send you my guy's info. He won't let you down.
Would you mind sending me that info as well? Wichita Falls isn't too far from OKC and could use more leverage when I go to order.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Is anyone planning on downgrading the tires slightly? Super sports or 4S? I wish Ford would offer a different set of tires like they do with the Focus RS. Also, that seems like a lot of tire upfront... how bad do you think the tramlining is going to be. Maybe a 285/305 setup would be better?
I will DD the car, so I am planning to switch to 4S tires right away (same size as the cup 2s).
PP2 is optimized for track use prioritized over ride and comfort.
Direct Feedback into the steering wheel on what the tire/surface is doing is highly desirable for track use.
Seems like a waste to buy PP2 and neuter that experience or complain the car is set up for track if you want a street car.
Thats like downgrading GT350 tires...
GT350 tramlining complaints?
Lol. Next its gonna be exhaust is too loud....
Drive it as is and enjoy.
Get a second set of wheels for your track slicks after your first year of track days.
Get a third set for rain tires like AS3+/RE980/DWS/H2O for wet track and street.
Just saying you shouldnt worry and plan on really enjoying one of the most incredible out of the box track capable Mustangs ever.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Placed an order with them initially but ended up cancelling it when I found out about the delivery time-frame. A week later Ted Britt reached out and sweetened the deal even more, so I ended up locking things up with them.
Could you PM me the contact you're working with there? It looks like they have pretty good allocation status (27 2018s in stock already) and I'm trying to lock down a dealership willing to do X-plan for my Bullitt order in January.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Matt any spec predictions for the Bullit? Just another NA 5.0? I haven't looked in the Bullitt thread for a while
If it's like the previous Bullitts it will be similar to a GT with Power Pack1 and handling pack. That is my personal expectations though.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I’m still not sure what to expect. Reasonably certain it won’t be PP2 level. Could be as simple as reworked California Special appearance pack, or could be Power pack 1 with PP1 package. Could be limited production along the lines of 2015 50 Years LE version as I’ve heard it could be called the 50 Years Bullitt.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey anyone with a PP2 on order showing on cotus yet? I check my order about 10 times a day lol.
At this point, I am just waiting to get a VIN from the dealer and don't expect to hear anything before 2018.

Sponsored

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Same here. PP2 is not even on the build and price site yet. Hopefully by this time next months the orders are up on COTUS with assigned VINs.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
You never know your order # might pop up with your vin any day. Job #2 starts Monday. We might get a vin and not be scheduled till temps start coming up to not damage the tires.
lolwut.jpg

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

Sport Cup 2 tires, which come on the PP2 package, can become damaged in extreme cold temps. Ford may postpone scheduling of the PP2 package over the winter to avoid this.