Sponsored

2018 Mustang Information (Options/Packages, Colors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the UK mate. I have just ordered and have been told I'll get a build slot in 4 to 5 months which puts me right on the edge!! I really want a 2017 and no DI but if the '18 is a looker I could be persuaded??
Your order is coded for a '17, so you'll get a '17. They aren't building sellable 18MY units yet when the order board opens up.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Can I just say, before you start suggesting I don't know what I'm talking about, and using capital letters to describe that it's CLEAR what I've ordered, you get an understanding of the UK ordering process.

Here in the U.K. You place an order for a car and choose from a very limited choice of options and decide on a colour. Then you are told about 5 months later when youre build slot will be. This is about April/May/June time so I may get a 2018 build.
People here have ordered Competition Orange in early 2016 and had to change their colour because of the long delays.

Sorry to correct you, but you're WRONG!!
I want to be sure about what you're saying.

You're saying that because you live in the U.K., you don't get to choose what model year car you're ordering? You might get a 2017, or you might get a 2018?

I find that extremely hard to believe.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
I have ordered one, Oxford white GT. I look forward to getting it.

We can cancel. Like if I don't like the '18, I will cancel my order and find a new '17 in white. The other issue in the UK is we have a big change in our annual road tax structure. On April 1st the annual cost goes down from £515 to £140!! So, I want a '17 MY first registered after April 1st.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Your order is coded for a '17, so you'll get a '17. They aren't building sellable 18MY units yet when the order board opens up.
Nope, my order isn't coded yet!! We get a VIN after 4 to 5 months. So I may get an 18 MY??

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Nige is 100% correct.

He has placed an order for a '17MY white S550 GT.....but he won't get a build slot for MONTHS (it works very differently in the UK/Europe). When that build slot is scheduled, it may well be when they've already started building the '18s.

We had guys in the UK that ordered '16MY Competition Orange cars but their build slots fell into the '17MY and CO was no longer available, so the guys had to choose a different colour.

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Nige is 100% correct.

He has placed an order for a '17MY white S550 GT.....but we won't get a build slot for MONTHS (it works very differently in the UK/Europe). When that build slot is scheduled, it may well be when they've already started building the '18s.

We had guys in the UK that ordered '16MY Competition Orange cars but their build slots fell into the '17MY and CO was no longer available, so the guys had to choose a different colour.
same happened to me I ordered deep impact blue but by time they decided to build it I had to have lightning instead.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Nige is 100% correct.

He has placed an order for a '17MY white S550 GT.....but he won't get a build slot for MONTHS (it works very differently in the UK/Europe). When that build slot is scheduled, it may well be when they've already started building the '18s.

Yep, just as TT and Gloucesternige have said, their is a good possibility that due to build dates, there's every chance Nige may end up with an 18 even though he ordered a 17.

My first car was ordered in May '15. My build date was in December '15 with a delivery of March '16.

My new order was done at the end of November '16 with an expected delivery date of September '17. If the gap between build and delivery is similar to the first order, I expect build to happen around mid June, MY18 territory.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, my order isn't coded yet!! We get a VIN after 4 to 5 months. So I may get an 18 MY??
Ah. Well, like I said, they are going to start building 18MY pre-production cars (not prototypes) soon concurrently with 17MY. This will go till at least May, at a minimum, probably closer to June/July, as part of the TT and PP builds. It is possible they can and will build 17MY cars while MP1 and MP2 ramp-up is occurring, since it is not an all-new car. I would make sure your dealer works with them to ensure you get a build slot in May or before then.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Can I just say, before you start suggesting I don't know what I'm talking about, and using capital letters to describe that it's CLEAR what I've ordered, you get an understanding of the UK ordering process.

Here in the U.K. You place an order for a car and choose from a very limited choice of options and decide on a colour. Then you are told about 5 months later when youre build slot will be. This is about April/May/June time so I may get a 2018 build.
People here have ordered Competition Orange in early 2016 and had to change their colour because of the long delays.

Sorry to correct you, but you're WRONG!!
And you wonder why you guys lost the revolutionary war...lol.

Sorry you guys have a back---wards way of doing things over there...even driving on the wrong side of the road.

;)

Sounds like if you want a '17 you better start searching other countries or importing one if you don't like the '18 look. :thumbsup:

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Prius III Touring
Another morning without teasers/leaks??!!:(:(

I think NY reveal is too close to order banks. Maybe Chicago? Or a special event in February and a teaser at the Super Bowl?

Please Ford surprise us all today!! :ford:

Sponsored

Voodoo

Elite Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
Another morning without teasers/leaks??!!:(:(

I think NY reveal is too close to order banks. Maybe Chicago? Or a special event in February and a teaser at the Super Bowl?

Please Ford surprise us all today!! :ford:
Why would they release teasers or leaks today. The mustang is just getting a make-over, they are not releasing a whole new car. Wait until Monday for the reveal.

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
Why would they release teasers or leaks today. The mustang is just getting a make-over, they are not releasing a whole new car. Wait until Monday for the reveal.
This does make sense.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
And you wonder why you guys lost the revolutionary war...lol.

Sorry you guys have a back---wards way of doing things over there...even driving on the wrong side of the road.

;)

Sounds like if you want a '17 you better start searching other countries or importing one if you don't like the '18 look. :thumbsup:
All he has to do is get his dealer to push on it and get a slot date in the spring. He'll get a '17 then. Looks like others in this country have been affected by MY changeovers, if you look at the responses. That does suck, but the dealer needs to just get up off their butt and talk to their people at the plant/sales/ordering. If the order is prepared correctly, and at the right time, there's no reason they can't get it slotted.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
-bf43cc01bae26897.jpg

Raised platforms by the Mustangs...Trucks and Ford Performance (Ford GT maybe)...

Status
Not open for further replies.