2018 Mustang GT Revealed (Video)!!

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
Does anyone actually like it, does anyone prefer it over the 15-17?
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I don't like it as much as the 15-17. But it's also not a giant change either.

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
aftermarket bumper manufacturers are about to have one hell of a market if the performance of this thing makes it worth upgrading from the current s550

ps just for the record, i think it looks like total dog shit. couldnt have taken a worse step making it less aggressive where everyone else is getting more nasty and exotic. looks like something kia would have shit out.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
My reaction to the facelift:

giphy.gif

vader.jpg

no-2.gif

Seems like Ford really had no clue why people loved the design of the S550. I would really wonder if this thing will bring up the sales. Chevy must be partying hard right now :(:brokenheart:

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 6MT 3.55
I don't think the design is all horrible, some parts look pretty decent. The main issue I have with it is the lower half of the front bumper which looks pretty bad to me. IMO it would look greatly improved if the fin parts were moved in more with larger vents on the sides (see crappy photo shop picture).
picture.jpg

WhiplashGo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I really want this to be fake! Anybody think it is, 1st post of a new user seems odd to me. With all the fake news talk these days.

If real - awful execution, looks half assed(done during a lunch break), droopy squished front. Who signed off on this mess!!

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

Did a crappy job lol. But bottom fascia would look better like the 2015-2017. Though car wouldn't look too different I guess.
Although its a quick 'chop you did what a refresh is supposed to be.

What you put up is way better than what they're trying to put out.

Front end is ugly as hell.

No sophistication to the lower bumper cover. It just looks tacky as shit.

Little subtle things like the GT350 changes or the Steeda bumper cover were able to make for a menacing yet tasteful look.

What Ford did amounts to going down to Vatozone and picking up some of those cheap as shit faux fender vents and sticking them on with double sided tape. It looks THAT OUT OF PLACE.

It is utter dog shit.

/edit They tried with the hood at least. I didnt see it at first but they tried. Got rid of the style lines we were all hating that blocked the view and made the car/hood seem huge. Super apparent if ever sitting in a GT350 that you can actually see the opposite fender peak.

But the hood still leaves me cold

Jesus the only thing it sounds like they did correctly is put an active dual mode exhaust on it.

Damned glad I bought a 2015 rather than wait.
:lol: Speaks the truth!

Definitely 15-17. That $hit was a grand slam from a design perspective.

aftermarket bumper manufacturers are about to have one hell of a market if the performance of this thing makes it worth upgrading from the current s550

ps just for the record, i think it looks like total dog shit. couldnt have taken a worse step making it less aggressive where everyone else is getting more nasty and exotic. looks like something kia would have shit out.
This is great, I'm literally :lol: right now! My wife is looking at me all funny...

Im glad im not the only one critical of their design intent.

Do me a favor, NEVER CHANGE fellas! :cheers::lol:

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550

Disagreed, the new Kia Stinger GT looks better from the front.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I really want this to be fake! Anybody think it is, 1st post of a new user seems odd to me. With all the fake news talk these days.

If real - awful execution, looks half assed(done during a lunch break), droopy squished front. Who signed off on this mess!!
Totally agree with you, especially about the 1 post thing. I hope it is a fake but at the same time its all over the interwebz right now.

If it is real, someone in design is gonna have a real rough day tomorrow.

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
Disagreed, the new Kia Stinger GT looks better from the front.
consider this my formal apology to kia, that thing is badass(esp when compared to the new mustang)

Folgrim21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 blk with 6"BDS , 2017pp recaro Mag
Man.. I'm just so underwhelmed.. very happy my 17 got here in Nov.. it's an instant classic. Sure hope they don't mess up the 350,,, the whole thing reminds me of Frank Burns on MASH.... old chinless