Sponsored

2018 Mustang Build & Price on July 25 [UPDATE: Now Live!]

redgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 5.2 FPC Swap, Sync 3 Retrofit
LMAO. 53K for my configuration, and they don't even have PP2 listed ye

Also, what happened to the option for analog gauges? I don't want that new shit.

Seriously might as well pay the little bit of extra cash and buy a GT350.
I'll probably wait for the GT500, or buy a Challenger T/A.
Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I'm still scratching my head why Ford doesn't allow you to get the Black Accent Package with the Performance Pack. Just take off the price of the wheels and add the rest.

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Digital gauges are included only in the 401a package...which actually kinda burns my ass a little. I wanted the carbon pack, alcantara seats with the digital gauges...but you cant get that in the 401a

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
So looking at the final configurator, it looks like the X plan site was using non-x plan prices. So with x-plan discounts these should be around the same as MSRP on 2017. Still a decent price hike but much better IMO.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
2. 460hp rating is SANDBAGGED and these things will be closer to 475-500. No way a jump from 11:1 to 12:1 only gets you to 460. Lol, such shenanigans.
:crazy:

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
LMAO. 53K for my configuration, and they don't even have PP2 listed ye

Also, what happened to the option for analog gauges? I don't want that new shit.

Seriously might as well pay the little bit of extra cash and buy a GT350.
I'll probably wait for the GT500, or buy a Challenger T/A.
The Digital Dash should be a separate option. If you plan to hold onto the car a long time the analog gauges will serve you better than a LCD display.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It looks like the pricing we were looking at is the supposed x-plan pricing.

My browser was cached with the x-plan link when I posted that link. Closed browser, modified the 2017 B&P MSRP link and now the GT Premium starts at $39,095

Shame.

What was a $41,695 build via the x-plan link is now $43,890 via the MSRP link.

Here's that link (MSRP): http://shop.ford.com/build/mustang/...018|1|1.|400A.P8C.....COU.MST.~YZKAA.GT.PRE.]

And the before-posted X-Plan link for anyone who wants to compare: http://shop.ford.com/build/mustang/...|1|1.|100A.P8T.....COU.MST.~YZKAA.EBST.LESS.]
I am seeing the same price on both sites. Orange Fury GT 301A with PP, MagneRide and Active exhaust is coming up to $45,075 MSRP. There is no way that's X-Plan price. Can't wait to see what the PP2 will cost.:doh:

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
So looking at the final configurator, it looks like the X plan site was using non-x plan prices. So with x-plan discounts these should be around the same as MSRP on 2017. Still a decent price hike but much better IMO.
Using the x-plan B&P compared to the MSRP B&P, mine came in at roughly $2,000 cheaper via x-plan. I think the x-plan prices were legit.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Using the x-plan B&P compared to the MSRP B&P, mine came in at roughly $2,000 cheaper via x-plan. I think the x-plan prices were legit.
That's odd, mine was identical with the same options...

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I am seeing the same price on both sites. Orange Fury GT 301A with PP, MagneRide and Active exhaust is coming up to $45,075 MSRP. There is no way that's X-Plan price. Can't wait to see what the PP2 will cost.:doh:
It might be because your browser is cached with the x-plan page? Does it mention x-plan anywhere on the "MSRP" one?

These are the summaries for the exact same build, one showing x-plan, one showing MSRP
msrp.jpg
xplan.jpg

Sponsored

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
I hope so. So x plan configs are using standard pricing?

sunburned

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 WK2
Welp, Ford just killed any interest I had in going with a 2018 GT. Guess I'll just go buy me another F-150.
LOL I built up a 2018 F150 before I started building the Mustang. I closed the window when I got over $65k on a Lariat. :headbonk:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I hope so. So x plan configs are using standard pricing?
For me they are. I even tried a different browser to see if the cache was the reason they're the same but it's not. Maybe it's still buggy? Kevin is getting 2 different prices somehow.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Another comparison, one tab is open with MSRP B&P, one tab open with x-plan B&P

Do this to try to replicate it. First launch the B&P from google OR launch the B&P for the 2017 mustang and add a /2018/

OPEN A NEW TAB

On new tab, go to www.fordpartner.com , enter MC405 to get in

Go to vehicles/pricing for Ford and launch the build and price for the 2017. You'll get that welcome x-plan participant stuff and see x-plan pricing for the 2017

Now modify the URL by adding /2018/ after Mustang.

Should get what I'm getting.
msrp1.jpg
xpln1.jpg

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I specked out an EcoBoost Premium 201 against a 2017. Base price is $800 more, but that includes parking radar, which previously was a $300 option. So the actual increase is $500. And for that 500 you get LED headlights, LED blinkers, App Link, the 12” cluster and the heated steering wheel. The 12 speaker Shaker Pro in the 201 package on the 2017 is now replaced by Navigation, which makes for an additional price increase of $100, as you now have to purchase the Shaker separately for $895 and the navigation used to be a $795 option. So overall the price increase is $600, which I think is a decent deal considering the extra gear.

The new automatic is $400 more over the old auto, which is steep. But at least you get a much more advanced unit.

The Safe and Smart package is $300 more than the old adaptive cruise control package, but adds autonomous braking, lane departure warning and auto high beam. That’s decent pricing.

The $500 price increase on the Performance Pack however is completely retarded, since you’re not getting anything new there. At this price level it simply makes no sense anymore, since the stance of the car with PP still sucks and requires new springs and shocks anyway. Ford is going to lose a lot of Performance Pack sales, which is extremely stupid since the additional production cost of a PP car is about $0.10 and the margin on that pack is ginormous.
Sponsored

Last edited: