Sponsored

2018/19 Shelby GT500 Mustang Spotted! Twin Turbo V8 Powered? [UPDATED WITH VIDEO]

asphal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Reading every article I can find on this and theres definitely a lot of people paying attention to this thread. That Eaton SC CPC 5.2 info is spreading around the interwebz I hope it's accurate.

One new thing I started to see today is the mention of the name "PREDATOR". First saw it on the 6G home page with a wink and then some articles are saying it is the code name for the GT500 or maybe the engine? Anyone here know anything about it?

http://www.mustang6g.com/?p=9649
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...ons-blown-52l-predator-v8-rumored-110253.html
http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/video-2018-shelby-gt500-surfaces-along-new-information
Funny because many of us call the gt350 front a Predator face.
Sponsored

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
If you look at fordparts.com they already list the GT500 as an option for replacement parts.

HCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
I hope I don't ruffle any feathers, but for the '18 redesign, my biggest hope is that they improve the interior. To me there are aspects that just look cheap. And it's a bit worrying that in a lot of the GT350 reviews they mention show interior pieces start buzzing and rattling even though the car is nearly brand new.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the '15 interior redo of my Hellcat. Still plenty of cheap materials of course, you're not going to think you're sitting in a Porsche. But it's contemporary looking IMO and zero rattles so far.

I know this stuff doesn't matter at all to a lot of you, but for me it's the main reason I'm holding off to see what the '18 refresh brings. The exterior already kicks ass, I'm just hoping for a better interior.

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
With the Mustang selling so well I expect the changes will be at least somewhat subtle rather than a significant set of mods. Probably like the Camaro's last major redesign (styling wise). :lol:
This can only happen if Ford hire GM car designers.LOL!! :lol::lol:
Other wise mustang design cubes are safe.

Sponsored

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Well....

The GT350 and GT500 were sold alongside each other in the 60s and, most recently, we had both the GT500 and Boss 302 (the latter, surely, very similar to GT350 in spirit). I appreciate Ford Performance (as was) wasn't responsible for the Boss, but things have changed.

I must admit, I'd ruled out GT350 for the '18MY+, but it would be, I assume, relatively easy to keep producing it for the facelifted car, assuming the mechanicals are pretty much the same?
Not wanting a SC again. Maybe this is the FPC 5.2 with TT and the Boost Controler is keeping the turbos spooled down? Much speculation about this......

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Note the roll cage. Doubt that will be a production item.
Most of the development cars that have extensive track testing in their test plans get roll cages for driver safety, even if it's not something that makes it into the car.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I hope I don't ruffle any feathers, but for the '18 redesign, my biggest hope is that they improve the interior. To me there are aspects that just look cheap. And it's a bit worrying that in a lot of the GT350 reviews they mention show interior pieces start buzzing and rattling even though the car is nearly brand new.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the '15 interior redo of my Hellcat. Still plenty of cheap materials of course, you're not going to think you're sitting in a Porsche. But it's contemporary looking IMO and zero rattles so far.

I know this stuff doesn't matter at all to a lot of you, but for me it's the main reason I'm holding off to see what the '18 refresh brings. The exterior already kicks ass, I'm just hoping for a better interior.
Unfortunately the GT350 will rattle as it sees much greater vibrationS and different harmonics from the engine. Can't compare it to a GT mustang. The GT shouldn't rattle, and if it does it'll happen much later in its life.

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Unfortunately the GT350 will rattle as it sees much greater vibrationS and different harmonics from the engine. Can't compare it to a GT mustang. The GT shouldn't rattle, and if it does it'll happen much later in its life.
Mine started rattling within a week. It rattles from the aluminum trim piece where the light switch is. I hate it lol.

Sponsored

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
If any of the Ford engineering guys are on here reading all of this, they are probably having a good laugh.
Pretty enjoyable watching the rumor mill churn :D

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
If this is just a 2018 GT350 testing cooling for a new front end design then we know the headlights will at least keep the same shape and size since this mule is running the current headlights (LED gills visible through the camo).

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If this is just a 2018 GT350 testing cooling for a new front end design then we know the headlights will at least keep the same shape and size since this mule is running the current headlights (LED gills visible through the camo).
They often limit some of the new hardware for things like that to only the teams that need them. No reason to spend more money than necessary.

Storm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 Mustang
They often limit some of the new hardware for things like that to only the teams that need them. No reason to spend more money than necessary.
That's true. I wonder if they'll be plug and play for 15-17 owners.
Sponsored