Sponsored

2018/19 Shelby GT500 Mustang Spotted! Twin Turbo V8 Powered? [UPDATED WITH VIDEO]

NHMatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black Shelby Mustang GT350, Stripe Delete
As much as I hope its a gt500, everything screams gt350 re design
My theory is that if a new body re-design is going to coincide with the 2018 MY (as many suspect), then they likely just used the existing body for the gt350 for this test mule simply because they don't have any 2018 body panels available from stamping yet. Doing so would allow them to test the power train before newly designed bodies exist... *shrug*

Last edited:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
If any of the Ford engineering guys are on here reading all of this, they are probably having a good laugh.
Oh yeah. They are rolling for sure:lol::lol::lol::lol:

They know everything that is going on and just reading the posts that "us know it alls are stating as fact". They are out to dinner having a great steak and drinks LOL their asses off at this thread. Oh to be one of those guys/gals.

cyberbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT On Order
I just hope we get the 10 Speed Auto option with it!

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
For all of the noobs like me who see CPC being thrown around and not knowing what it is, what is CPC?

Sponsored

DruidBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Reading every article I can find on this and theres definitely a lot of people paying attention to this thread. That Eaton SC CPC 5.2 info is spreading around the interwebz I hope it's accurate.

One new thing I started to see today is the mention of the name "PREDATOR". First saw it on the 6G home page with a wink and then some articles are saying it is the code name for the GT500 or maybe the engine? Anyone here know anything about it?

http://www.mustang6g.com/?p=9649
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...ons-blown-52l-predator-v8-rumored-110253.html
http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/video-2018-shelby-gt500-surfaces-along-new-information

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If any of the Ford engineering guys are on here reading all of this, they are probably having a good laugh.
It is entertaining.

HCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Reading every article I can find on this and theres definitely a lot of people paying attention to this thread.
It's pretty funny watching the cycle of someone saying something that is pure speculation here, then it gets repeated on some no-name blog with a clickbait title, then that article gets posted here as if it's backing up the original baseless assertion. :lol:

Sponsored

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
It's pretty funny watching the cycle of someone saying something that is pure speculation here, then it gets repeated on some no-name blog with a clickbait title, then that article gets posted here as if it's backing up the original baseless assertion. :lol:
That's what I meant by saying it was self-feeding. And perhaps by referring to yourself in the third-person while saying it, people will think someone else said it first... :D

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I can't imagine the new shape. It looks weird.

Honestly, I hope myself and others don't like the new front end. It will help current owners hold value.
:cheers:
Honestly I think the 18 MY "refresh" is going to be nothing more than LED headlights instead of HID's for all models..
With the Mustang selling so well I expect the changes will be at least somewhat subtle rather than a significant set of mods. Probably like the Camaro's last major redesign (styling wise). :lol:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Honestly, I think Ford is toying with us. I agree with Voodoo. This is the same car with different trunks and spoilers. They're obviously trying out some cosmetic on the front end and my guess is it's cooling effectiveness of the new front fascia and nothing more. This car obviously has no other cosmetic mods, hence no further camo.

What better way to test cooling than on one of the hottest tempered cars in your stable? I'll bet "TT0081" is a leftover tooling trial 16 gt350 and that's all there us to it.
Sponsored