2018+ 10R80 (A10) - most recent TSB’s in here

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
TSB 24-2046 (attached) supersedes the above TSB 23-2350.

Harsh/Delayed Engagement and/or Harsh/Delayed Shift
I wonder if I should go back to the dealership for this one. I've had a few rebuilds already for harsh shifting from 4th to 5th. It keeps coming back.
Sponsored

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
I wonder if I should go back to the dealership for this one. I've had a few rebuilds already for harsh shifting from 4th to 5th. It keeps coming back.
I would! Especially if it easy to replicate the issue. Get er done before warranty is up.

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I would! Especially if it easy to replicate the issue. Get er done before warranty is up.
I've still got a year and a half on mile-train. And 0 confidence that Ford has actually fixed the issue instead of bandaging it. But I'll probably give the good dealership a call this week.

MPGainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2014 Porsche 911 50th
I have a similar issue with a very rough shift from 4 to 5 in all of the sport/track modes, but it only happens on the track after it heats up (road course). Sometimes it’s so harsh it feels like the drive shaft is going to fall out. Dealership is unwilling to investigate further because they can’t replicate it on public roads. They flashed the TCM, which helped with all of the other rough shifting, but not the 4 to 5. It’s such an annoyance that I’ve considered selling it.

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I have a similar issue with a very rough shift from 4 to 5 in all of the sport/track modes, but it only happens on the track after it heats up (road course). Sometimes it’s so harsh it feels like the drive shaft is going to fall out. Dealership is unwilling to investigate further because they can’t replicate it on public roads. They flashed the TCM, which helped with all of the other rough shifting, but not the 4 to 5. It’s such an annoyance that I’ve considered selling it.
My rough shift seems to happen whenever you floor it. It just feels worse in sport/track mode.

I guess my techs either take my word for it or don't mind hitting 100 on the freeway by the dealership.

Sponsored

ArgentumS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, A10, PP1, Recaros, 07 4Runner V8
Vehicle Showcase
I just got my car back from the dealer yesterday with the clunk in R and a delayed shift into D. Looking at the paperwork, I see that the tech "Ran oasis and found TSB #24-2101 for this symptom. Followed TSB". Looks like the number has been updated again.
TSB list

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I just got my car back from the dealer yesterday with the clunk in R and a delayed shift into D. Looking at the paperwork, I see that the tech "Ran oasis and found TSB #24-2101 for this symptom. Followed TSB". Looks like the number has been updated again.
TSB list
Yep, another update.

Attached is TSB 24-2101

Attachments

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
TSB list
Did they change any parts out or just update the software?

ArgentumS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, A10, PP1, Recaros, 07 4Runner V8
Vehicle Showcase
Did they change any parts out or just update the software?
Both. They rebuilt the valve body and updated the TSB. I still have to drive around a bit more for the relearn, but it still seems like I might have the issues. We'll see.