Sponsored

2017 R Model For Sale In Canada At MSRP - Chassis Number "HR115"

GRTWHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350
If I can insert a simple question here - are "Canadian" GT350s fitted with the 50-state emissions equipment. Do they pass US emission standards? If not, how do they license them here in the states?
Sponsored

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
If I can insert a simple question here - are "Canadian" GT350s fitted with the 50-state emissions equipment. Do they pass US emission standards? If not, how do they license them here in the states?
Yes, and Ford-USA will give a compliance letter in less than 24-hours stating so. That compliance letter will state the vehicle is 50-state certified. For the slimy guy who didn't think I actually had one these, here's what it looks like. Just attach this to your DOT form HS-7 and EPA form 3520 and you are good to go when you get to customs. And about customs. You don't need to do this when you cross the border. You can cross the border and drive home. But after you get home, you have 30-days to bring the car and all the paperwork to a Customs office. Since I'm near San Francisco, I could do it there. The customs office will give you an importation number. You'll need that number when you register the car in your state.

California will apply your GST to the state sales tax. So you won't pay double taxes. But technically by law, you must register the car in California within 10-days of arrival. So that's why it's best to make an appointment and present the paperwork to customs when you cross the border.
Compliance.jpg

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
[MENTION=28945]PencilGeek[/MENTION] - I would suggest you leave things alone.

You want to attack [MENTION=16421]PP0001[/MENTION] and the dealership. Yet:

- You were the one that tried to buy a car that wasn't to be sold to you based on your residency
- You were the one that came on this forum to "inform" everyone of your purchase
- You are the one that wants to blame others for not getting your car (even though your fallback seems to be "I didn't like the color anyway".)

You bring all this onto a public forum and then place blame on those who brought to light the fact that the dealership couldn't technically sell you the car. Come one.

It seems to me like you wanted to work the system in your favor, and it failed. Now, you want to blame the dealership, [MENTION=16421]PP0001[/MENTION]...people who didn't force you to try and purchase a car outside of Ford guidelines.

Take responsibility for your actions, if you want to keep this thread going. [MENTION=16421]PP0001[/MENTION] is one of the most upstanding people I've ever met. And, as he's posted previously, he wanted to know if things had changed so that he could pass along savings to others, not just himself - not to brag about what a great deal he received. And, truly, I don't care how much information you had to support your purchase. In the end, you seem like an intelligent versus ignorant person who looked at every angle possible to make this purchase possible. I believe you won't have invested so much time and effort in researching this purchase had you not wondered (or had even been warned) that the purchase would not be possible.

Take shots at whoever you want. Your decisions have brought you to this point, and they are your decisions alone. Nothing is more disappointing than to hear someone blame others for the issues that they, themselves, have incurred.

Period.

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
I'm going to start working on my Canadian impression, eh, ya hosers.

Edit: I apologize for this post.

Sent from my Blackberry
Coffee across the screen again this morning.... oh gosh darn it eh, thanks a whole bunch there baud!

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Speaking of coffee, i'm heading out to my nearest Tim Horton . :thumbsup:

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Bring me back some Molson, some Ketchup Flavored Potato Chips and some Poutine, please. Oh, and a donut, maple frosted.
Bring ya a big ol' slab of mooose while we're at it eh, tender meat there yah

kartguy898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 / 2016 F150 FX4
They risk loosing their SVT banner if they do and Ford finds out.
Is that still going to be true this year? My local dealer where I buy my F150's (Ottawa) was not able to sell me a GT350 in 2016. I brought it by for them to have a look, and they said in 2017 they are able to order/sell/service GT350's, Raptors, etc. They only have to apply to Ford and pay a $1000 fee.

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Is that still going to be true this year? My local dealer where I buy my F150's (Ottawa) was not able to sell me a GT350 in 2016. I brought it by for them to have a look, and they said in 2017 they are able to order/sell/service GT350's, Raptors, etc. They only have to apply to Ford and pay a $1000 fee.

What i meant to say was that if an existing Canadian SVT dealership sells a Ford performance vehicle to a US resident and said vehicle is shipped south of the Trump border, dealership risks losing it's SVT banner.

Go Habs Go, 2 games againt the Sens this week-end.

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
Speaking of hockey, when winter rolls around again in August, I'm planning some mods to my Zamboni, including dropping a Voodoo in that sucker. I use it down at the local curling fields, less time between periods that way.
Sponsored