VoodooShelby

What a bad_ss car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
When I first saw the GT350 on the Ford stage I loved the Blue (Liquid Blue). I didn't know the name until recently but I knew that was the color for me. While I was shopping for '16 models I picked Shadow Black as my color until I saw the '17 options included the Lightning Blue and thought how far off in shade could it be from my favorite Liquid Blue. I placed my '17 order for Lightning Blue.
Well...
My wife and I visited 5 Star Ford in Warner Robbins, Ga today and saw it (Lightning Blue) on a Fusion in the sunny daylight and it is so different in person. We DID NOT like it and the metallic is very pronounced. It is dark on the side where the sun isn't hitting it and lighter on the hood, roof and trunk. Very Blah my wife said.
So I had to call my sales manager and tell him to change my order to Shadow Black.

Gabs64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang (Due May 17)
Hi guys really interested in seeing these pics of the new colours. Here in Australia we have an 18 month wait from order placement so unfortunately, other than to 2015 colours we won't see the new ones here until June July 2017. I have placed my order for my GT in Race Red fastback but I am struggling with that choice, as it seems to be the popular colour of choice here along with magnetic now that they have started to arrive in the country. Fortunately I will be in New York in a couple of months time and plan to visit some Ford dealerships and hopefully see the new colours in person. Leaning towards lighting blue at this stage.

fomofo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Have you seen what Guard looks like when you "build and price" a Mustang online? It's like a dark forest green, nowhere near Guard.
That'd be the reason for the low order count, and now that it's a redundant color, it'll make it even rarer...which is just fine by me. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I like all three new colors I think the white platinum would look really good with a blue candy stripe. I wish Ford would offer the Avalanche Gray from the GT350 or the Stealth Gray from the Focus RS either or both of those colors would be smoken on the Mustang.

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
I hope this negativity towards GB continues. It'll make my car stick out even more once I pick one up.

I know color preference is subjective, but you're all crazy. That color is gorgeous in person.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Czs550

Czs550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2018 10r80 GT, Lightning Blue
Imo this is one of the top 3 colors for the s550 to date. Lighting blue looks great and pics really dont do it justice. The amount of fleck in the paint when the sun hits it is honestly incredible. It also kind of looks color changing to in person but thats my opinion

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
Great pics Czs550! I have a lightning blue on order and haven't seen the color in person but the more pics I see the better I feel about my decision. :cheers:
Sponsored