Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
new M4 Competition Package:

450 PS
10mm deeper
New Programms for DSC and EDC
All Chromparts in black like the Performance Parts
Special Seatbelts with stiching in the M colors (like GTS door handles)
Special Seats probably US-GTS-Style
Wheels 20" Style 666M unicolor with 9x20 ET29 265/30 und 10,5 x20 ET40 285/30

so most likely around 440-450whp, more tq then GT350, around 250-300lbs lighter.

on the straight don't see how GT350 can have a chance, track times will be very interesting
Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
You're also talking a car that BASE price with nothing right now is $67-70k (depending on paint color, anything other than white carries a fee, and interior trim that BMW charges for paint and trim differences; $67k is with the cloth and cheapest trim/white paint only).

A base non-R goes for $50k MSRP. An R goes for $62k MSRP. The most expensive R you can configure is $67k. Mine as well just compare the base M4 price-wise to the R.

Add on top of the M4 pricing all that add another $5-8k for this package with BMW pricing. You're talking about a $75-80k car MSRP. Not lighter than a R and less hp.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
If you are a fan of the M3/M4 (which can't seem to handle the stock power) then this one should be even better.

If you aren't a fan of the M3/M4, then I don't think this one does much to change things.

Maybe the suspension updates help it put the power down better on the corners.

-T

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Why do we want to compare the absolute top of the line M3 to the none R GT350? Why not compare top model to top model?

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
Why do we want to compare the absolute top of the line M3 to the none R GT350? Why not compare top model to top model?
M4 GTS is the top M3/4 model, but I get what you're saying.

Realistically the 350 with the track pack is the right comparison for the M4 with the comp pack though.

Yes, the BMW MSRP is higher, but you can get 5K off of MSRP and I doubt there are any deals to be had on 350s. It's probably closer in price than people think. Plus, lets be honest, an M car is nicer than any Mustang or Camaro. You are paying a premium for a reason. Not saying the performance will be better, but it is a nicer car overall.

Arrowsigns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadi-Mustang-Silvarado-

Realistically the 350 with the track pack is the right comparison for the M4 with the comp pack though.

Yes, the BMW MSRP is higher, but you can get 5K off of MSRP and I doubt there are any deals to be had on 350s. It's probably closer in price than people think. Plus, lets be honest, an M car is nicer than any Mustang or Camaro. You are paying a premium for a reason. Not saying the performance will be better, but it is a nicer car overall.
No question it's a sweet track ready car. I thought the GTS was 135K? Granted people may pay ridiculous ADM on the 350R but in that price range Porsche might be a better comparison .

Sponsored

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
No question it's a sweet track ready car. I thought the GTS was 135K? Granted people may pay ridiculous ADM on the 350R but in that price range Porsche might be a better comparison .
Yeah the GTS is stupid expensive. I was just correcting that the GTS was the top model, not the comp pack.

If we are going to compare the 350 and the M4 with the comp pack then the non R makes sense to compare it to. The M4 still has rear seats, daily drivable tires, creature comforts, reasonable exhaust, etc. The GT350R is not something to daily drive. An M4 is perfectly suitable for daily driving.

In the past, the comp pack really hasn't been much for the M3 honestly. It might be this time if they include CCBs , lightweight wheels, power bump, and suspension changes. But all those items will cost a lot. In the past it's been slightly lower suspension, different wheels, and remapped EDC.

The 350R will beat any configuration of an M4 other than a GTS. The base 350 is a different story. Put some Sport Cup tires on a M4 comp pack and it might be getting closer to the R.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

Remind me again what the price point is for a GTS? I have a close friend that bought a 15 M3 and paid 72 Grand for the car plus the few options he wanted! He bought the thing in alpine white just so he wouldn't have to pay extra for a decent paint color??? And he definitely didn't check all the options by a long shot. He skipped the carbon ceramic brakes just to keep the payment under a grand a month. Even the track pack is going to be 10 grand less. I also disagree about the M3 being nicer. For a car that costs as much as an an M it should be spectacular. Not close to a GTs interior. Four door family sedan styling has never been a big selling point either.:shrug:I'm not apposed to a Mustang punching out of it's weight class price wise. But I recently read the article about a GT350 subjectively beating a Corvette. For the cost of the Corvette they tested. They could have got a GT350R and ACTUALLY beat the Vette.

Last edited:

OneTrickPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Auto 3.55LSD
That BMW won't cost under $90k. There are base M3/M4 that easily "option up" to beyond $90k, so one with all that and the kitchen sink won't be cheaper. Then factor in the very limited production run and the dealer markup will be $10-15k more.

Another example of how the traditional auto-enthusiast world simply cannot accept that an American car company built a road & track killer for under $60k.

Just wait until the end of January (24hrs of Daytona) when the new Ford GT racecar destroys the establishment (Porsche, BMW, Audi, Chevy). The excuses will be entertaining.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A

Agreed 100%.

Remind me again what the price point is for a GTS? I have a close friend that bought a 15 M3 and paid 72 Grand for the car plus the few options he wanted! He bought the thing in alpine white just so he wouldn't have to pay extra for a decent paint color??? And he definitely didn't check all the options by a long shot. He skipped the carbon ceramic brakes just to keep the payment under a grand a month. Even the track pack is going to be 10 grand less. I also disagree about the M3 being nicer. For a car that costs as much as an an M it should be spectacular. Not close to a GTs interior. Four door family sedan styling has never been a big selling point either.:shrug:I'm not apposed to a Mustang punching out of it's weight class price wise. But I recently read the article about a GT350 subjectively beating a Corvette. For the cost of the Corvette they tested. They could have got a GT350R and ACTUALLY beat the Vette.
I think both the Mustang GT and M3/M4 have appropriate interiors for their price. The GT's interior is nice for a $35k car but unfortunately that interior is basically the same for a ~$60k GT350 except for a few alcantara pieces. That interior isn't even close to a ~$70k M3/M4. If you can't tell a difference in quality, materials, and fit and finish between a Mustang and M3/M4 interior, I don't know how to help you. Also, the exterior fit and finish between a Mustang and BMW (regardless of GT350 or not, M or not) are in different leagues. Thankfully this stuff doesn't matter to enthusiasts like us as much (me included).
Sponsored