Sponsored

2017 GT350 general questions???

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Choosing simply to pass on the car completely doesn't mean you got a good deal and avoided being ripped off. It just means you were priced out of the market.
Sponsored

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
Choosing simply to pass on the car completely doesn't mean you got a good deal and avoided being ripped off. It just means you were priced out of the market.
Kyle,

You were belly aching to me almost a year ago looking for a deal. And how is me passing on any car with an ADM pricing myself out of the market? You don't know me, nor do you know what I have or anything of the sort.

R models are not worth the ADM. Nor are the regular ones. The hype will die over time, and when another model and/or another competing model comes out. This is just history repeating itself.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I paid MSRP, I dont see why some think it would be worth lying about. But end of the day, I really dont care either way :shrug:

But I would disagree 5-7k over is a good deal, I know some folks who got those deals in the bay area, so anywhere else minus a few big cities, that is not really that good. I would call it fair at best.
MSRP is out there and I do believe some of you got it, by hard work or blind luck,, lol. Some I think maybe just stretch it a bit is all. If I hear one more time how great their negotiation skills are,:headbonk:

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
Kyle,

You were belly aching to me almost a year ago looking for a deal. And how is me passing on any car with an ADM pricing myself out of the market? You don't know me, nor do you know what I have or anything of the sort.

R models are not worth the ADM. Nor are the regular ones. The hype will die over time, and when another model and/or another competing model comes out. This is just history repeating itself.
Paying an ADM is no different than paying a handling fee to Stubhub/Ticket Master. Or do you never go to sporting events or concerts unless you pay face value for a ticket? Difference is I still have my car, it's a toy nothing else. I didn't buy the car to turn around and sell. So could really careless of any depreciation. I bought it to enjoy

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Your definition of belly aching is an interesting one, but it brings up a very good point, almost a year later and ADMs are still here, and have only increased on Rs.

As for you being pricing out of the market, its very simple, you have a preconceived notion that anything over sticker is a bad deal. You refuse to pay over sticker and thus you are priced out of the market since the current price is above sticker (not that you cant afford it, but its above the price you are willing to pay). There is nothing wrong with that and I took the same stance when I decided on the track pack car. I wasnt willing to pay a large adm so the reality of the situation dictated my purchase. But to continue to berate others who are willing to pay a little more due to actual market conditions to secure a car they want is borderline asinine and simply not realistic with what's going on.

Your opinion on the value of the R is just that, an opinion. The reality is essentially every single R is going for over sticker right now, and the fact you cant produce a single lead contrary to that proves it. So a "good" deal is no longer relative solely to sticker price, but relative to what everyone else is paying. And unfortunately opinions dont hold much value when it comes to actually obtaining something of little supply and a lot of demand. There is a difference between individual perceived value and actual market price, and that is the thing you simply refuse to accept. To your average hippie every single one is a huge waste, that doesnt mean the prices are coming down anytime soon

OP
OP

Tigernation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW. hoping to get GT350
well this thread took a turn for the worse. Look IMO ADM blows but if you want the car you pay the cheapest you can get it for. Deal with it or get a different car. Rated R why are you on here bashing ADM? you think people like paying it? Hell no but they want the car. Now if you want to wait a year or 2 to get yours cheaper great but it it costs me 5k to get what I want now then I am cool with that.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Kyle,

We applaud your efforts as far as locating one of these great cars at MSRP but unless you are totally blind or are just plain uninformed those deals are not out there except for a very few exceptions.

People such as yourself that live in constant denial and continue to beat the drum that the ADM hype will die over time is very interesting and yet production for the 2015MY and the 2016MY Shelby GT350/GT350R's has pretty much come and gone and yet you continue to repeat yourself that the majority of us enthusiasts are uninformed and are throwing our money away.

Enthusiasts are now looking to the 2017MY and how many have ordered any of the 2017MY GT350's at MSRP? It is still early but none that I have heard of and especially when it comes to the R model can order a car at MSRP and not even close.

Keep in mind that your negative comments are communicated directly to the majority of us Mustang enthusiasts on this forum and to suggest that pretty much all of us are wasting our money and that we are all making very uninformed decisions on these great cars is very bold on your part to say the least.

BTW, have you purchased one of these great cars at MSRP and if so congratulations!

PS: Assuming that the ADM hype will die down very soon on the R models (2016/2017) please forward any leads along to the group here as that would greatly be appreciated.

:cheers:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
There is an entire thread dedicated to ADM discussions. Some of the comments here are trolling for a fight. If this keeps up, infractions and bans will result.

Sponsored

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
We'll see who's correct on the matter. I'll continue to counter anyone who says that paying over sticker is a good deal. Talk about asinine, look up the definition before using it in your vocab. Nobody admits to their friends, family or colleagues that they paid X over sticker on a car.
I paid a small ADM and everyone that's asked knows what I paid. Everyone that's seen or ridden in the car agrees it's a steal at what I paid.

Your opinion on ADM would be non-existent if the MSRP was 72k and sold at sticker. Then of course it would be just as hard to find one and you'd switch to its over priced or they don't make enough of them. :headbonk:

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
I guess my question for the MSRP or nothing guys?
What do you want us to do? Not buy the car we want? How do you suggest we get this car than?

Porsche332

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Track Pkg
If you do not want to pay adm of 5-10k go buy a Z28 that's around $55k brand new.Thats $20k below sticker.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Current KBB values my GT350 Track Pack at $75,000 for private sale and $72,000 for trade-in value.

That's $10-15K OVER what I paid. :shrug: :thumbsup:
I'll bring this up every time this gets cited. The values on KBB are bunk right now. There's not enough data yet on auction prices for cars with more than a few hundred miles and KBB's site is fudging it based on new car sales prices. No dealer will give you much more than high 50s for a car with a few thousand miles on it, which is still really, really good though. I tried this weekend and ended up at 58k in trade, but I still wanted a better deal so I walked. This was even through a dealer that participates in KBB's instant cash offer program.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
I don't want a Z28, I don't want a Vett or even a HellCat. I'd prob be on the opposite side of ADM's if we were talking about those cars. They are great cars but I'm a Mustang guy. This is arguably the best Mustang to come out in 40+ years. This is probly the only car I'd even consider paying an ADM on.
As far as values/depreciation,KBB,,, don't care. I'm not selling or trading the car anyway. If I were worried about value and losing $, I'd never put all that money in my 15 GT/PP. I'm guessing around $15k that I'll never get back either.
Sponsored