2017 Ford Mustang will outperform Chevy Camaro in every way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I m not gonna lie, i think that interior will make even the Corvette owners jealous!!!
Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
In my eyes that interior still looks cheap. Why place the vents right there?

So it can blow on your hand as you shift or your crotch? I feel like the interior is a slight upgrade over the 5th gen, but the mustang still has the interior won.

The hp/tq though... ford definitely needs to ramp it up for the 17MY.
No just look at the angle, it takes the place of the center dash ones and still blows to your head and torso, i think its really smart that u can even use it to cool of your hands while your on the track in a nice hot sunny day!!!

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Well hats off to GM for the 455/455 rating. Thought for sure they would detune it. I guessed too low.

Interior is definitely better than the outgoing model. Has some good points and some bad points but the materials looks nicer and on par with ours.

I still don't like the styling, bland and "safe" to my eyes, that is subjective of course.

Jury is still out on weights though. That 200 pound loss is still ambiguous as to which trim to which trim. I still say this is going to be heavier than each corresponding Mustang model.

Did anyone catch rear end ratio yet? Depending on where that falls could make it a couple of tenths quicker. Again if they give it some sort of "economy" ratio we could be looking at dead even 0-60 and quarter times. Would like to see weights and ratios and then we can "bench race" a little better.

Regardless, still happy with my decision. :D

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Well...hmmm

A base SS A8 should give a Scat Pack Challenger a run for its money now, especially if the A8 SS is 3,750 to 3,800 lbs.

Based on the performance of the LT1 in the Stingray an auto SS should be an easy 12.3/4 @ 112 car..stock.

Ford needs to do something big for the 2017 MY. Period.

The Camaro's dash is a bit busy, but it looks like even a base SS is going to get a reconfigurable center display. I think you're going to find that the price range is similar to the current car, my guess is a starting automatic SS will be about 35,000

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I m not gonna lie, i think that interior will make even the Corvette owners jealous!!!
I'm no Corvette owner but I would prefer the Corvette interior to this. An odd placement of those center vents, just odd. Colors are nice. Wonder if they will offer any besides red.

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Well...hmmm

A base SS A8 should give a Scat Pack Challenger a run for its money now, especially if the A8 SS is 3,750 to 3,800 lbs.

Based on the performance of the LT1 in the Stingray an auto SS should be an easy 12.3/4 @ 112 car..stock.

Ford needs to do something big for the 2017 MY. Period.

The Camaro's dash is a bit busy, but it looks like even a base SS is going to get a reconfigurable center display. I think you're going to find that the price range is similar to the current car, my guess is a starting automatic SS will be about 35,000
I was guessing 12.4 to 12.5

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
The interior even looks better than the one in ATS-V!! How in the world GM is going to sell ATS-V when they have a car like this with half of the price :shrug:

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
The interior even looks better than the one in ATS-V!! How in the world GM is going to sell ATS-V when they have a car like this with half of the price :shrug:
because the Cadillac is a symbol, the Camaro is not. entry level or mid level management is not going to buy a Camaro to show off, they're going to buy a Cadillac

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
They carried the voltage meter, oil pressure and another gauge in the instrument cluster as in digital!! Lets add the heads up display too! If this car really weights between 3600 and 3700 lbs then hats off to GM!!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.