Sponsored

2017 Base Price Mentioned

aguilar310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302 #1235
An article on Autoblog mentioned that they spoke to Ford Performance spokesperson and verified what we assumed from the start.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/04/07/2017-ford-shelby-mustang-gt350-updates-official/

"Surprisingly, there's not much of a catch to folding the Track Pack into all models. While it wasn't mentioned in the release, we spoke to a Ford Performance spokesperson who confirmed to Autoblog that the 2017 "base" car MSRP will be $56,495 (including destination). That's essentially the same as a 2016 base car with the then-optional Track Pack added on – a $6,500 option."
Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Makes sense. My guesstimate as well... I think that's a fair starting pricepoint.

hacktracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
This is great news. I've been on the fence between a GT and GT350 and I was worried Ford would price it at $59,995 or something like that.

:cheers:

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS
It does make sense, but it's also frustrating (especially to those of us in Canada) for those of us who have no need or desire for the formerly-called-Track Pack extras, and now we're expected to pay full price for it anyway. This will push the "base" price up from 65 to around 72k CDN, before taxes and ADM.

Sponsored

hacktracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
It does make sense, but it's also frustrating (especially to those of us in Canada) for those of us who have no need or desire for the formerly-called-Track Pack extras, and now we're expected to pay full price for it anyway. This will push the "base" price up from 65 to around 72k CDN, before taxes and ADM.
I was considering the base car in Avalanche Gray as an alternative to a high-spec GT, but Grabber Blue sealed the deal for me.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Think of the now err soon to be standard Track pack components, specifically the coolers, as preventive action from disaster even if you will never ever track the car. There is no bad reason I can think of to not have the peace of mind of the Trans and Diff cooling systems in place.

If you will never even drive spiritedly in your car for an extended amount of time (e.g. not a 1 minute point & shoot... but more like 10 mins or greater on your favorite open roads), then it's a dang shame (or a waste really IMHO) to have a car that is SO EFFIN fun to drive at speed but never truly use it or experience its intended use.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
They're all MSRP in Alberta, except the R of course.

I got into a base and couldn't be happier. I'll consider adding the coolers once Ford performance releases them. I'm not missing the magnetic ride so much either. Im an analog driving experience kind of guy and appreciate the standard suspension very much. It's very well planted!

Curious to see how the base system would do on a skid pad and slalom. It feels great.

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS
I was considering the base car in Avalanche Gray as an alternative to a high-spec GT, but Grabber Blue sealed the deal for me.
I'm the exact same as you. Grabber Blue (with white stripes OTT) all the way for me, though a stripeless Ruby Red comes second.

Think of the now err soon to be standard Track pack components, specifically the coolers, as preventive action from disaster even if you will never ever track the car. There is no bad reason I can think of to not have the peace of mind of the Trans and Diff cooling systems in place.

If you will never even drive spiritedly in your car for an extended amount of time (e.g. not a 1 minute point & shoot... but more like 10 mins or greater on your favorite open roads), then it's a dang shame (or a waste really IMHO) to have a car that is SO EFFIN fun to drive at speed but never truly use it or experience its intended use.
Dude, I live on Vancouver Island. We have some of the best driving roads ever..... BC-4 to Tofino and back is canyon heaven. BC-20 through Strathcona is non stop apex to apex for a good 50+ km. I beat the **** out of my cars on those roads... the GT350 will get the same treatment. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I'm the exact same as you. Grabber Blue (with white stripes OTT) all the way for me, though a stripeless Ruby Red comes second.

Dude, I live on Vancouver Island. We have some of the best driving roads ever..... BC-4 to Tofino and back is canyon heaven. BC-20 through Strathcona is non stop apex to apex for a good 50+ km. I beat the **** out of my cars on those roads... the GT350 will get the same treatment. :thumbsup:
Nice! I was just making a point to persuade those to REALLY drive the darn thing.... just watch Matt Farah's latest vid for example. This car is meant to be driven and driven often not tucked away in the Smithsonian. Standardizing the Track Pack for 2017 is wise and a no brainer.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Nice! I was just making a point to persuade those to REALLY drive the darn thing.... just watch Matt Farah's latest vid for example. This car is meant to be driven and driven often not tucked away in the Smithsonian. Standardizing the Track Pack for 2017 is wise and a no brainer.
Says the guy who tracks his '15! Bravo!

hacktracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade

Winner! GB with white OTT stripes.

hacktracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
I plan to make this my forever car and I enjoy really driving. I beat the snot out of motorcycles for years around the racetrack but I heal too slowly at my age to keep pushing at the track on 2 wheels.
Sponsored