Sponsored

2017-18 Shelby GT350 / GT350R Mustang Orders Placed (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2017-18 Shelby GT350/R did you order?

• Total voters

msgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Hey all!

Just ordered my 2017 GT350 OW with the blue OTT stripes and electronics package. I'm excited to join the club as this will be my first Shelby and just like everyone else in this thread, i can't wait to get behind the wheel!
Congrats!!
Sponsored

mikeylikesit

Engineer and Gearhead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350, 99' LFX Miata, 16' MX-5 Club
Haha considering I've wanted to own a Shelby mustang since I was about 5 years old, i don't mind waiting a few more months for one.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Sounds like this week they are off and another week off in august. No R models built at all last week. Lincolns take the stage full force in august. My guess is ford will build 350/R in more lump lots with complete days or week with non on the line.

JonS

JonS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Ruby Red - When the weather is nice
Placed order on 6/23...
350 RR with black roof and convenience package. Still working on getting the ship to courtesy delivery dealer into the system. I have asked so many people so many times about this and yet Deysha said it is not in the system.

keith58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 RR Convenience
Placed order on 6/23...
350 RR with black roof and convenience package. Still working on getting the ship to courtesy delivery dealer into the system. I have asked so many people so many times about this and yet Deysha said it is not in the system.
I did the same. Car was basically scheduled for build and arranged the courtesy delivery. It's a non-issue so don't sweat it.

Sponsored

17VOLGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
17GT350R
I ordered my 17 R on 5-23-16. Even though I have an order number etc the car will not be built or put into the system until Ford allows it. So the dealers "can" submit orders but they just sit in limbo until Ford actually allows for the allocations to be built. I am still waiting for Ford to give that such allocation to my dealership. And yes my dealership is a large dealership that is getting an R and several regular GT350's.

Placed order on 6/23...

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
My priority code was 10. Even though I have an order sheet with the order number and dealer number the actual order is still on hold. They are waiting on the regional Ford rep to tell them they can put the order in when they actually get the build allocation at the plant.
This is the situation at most regions for R models.
I have two R's on order at different dralerships. Both have been shipped 350s that i ordered ahead of and have priority over. The way the Rs get picked up is anyones guess.
Both mine are ordered from large dealerships. One of the dealerships ive become good friends with the sales manager(great fella), and he tells me he bugs the regional rep every day about my order (even though i don't mind THAT much) and the regional just tells him "im trying, ford hasnt given us a go yet".
He goes on to say that my allocation will be the first to be pulled there.
So, all the waiting is really just ford trying to figure it all out.

Maybe this slow-down is a parts hold (yeah, a true material hold :)) Once they get a gob of parts in things will start to pick up again.

FStevenJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Ordered a 2017 350 Magnetic with black stripe and convenience package on 5/7/16. I didn't get a VOC that looked like others. I got something with a Ford emblem that has a Sales Code and order code. The first one they gave me said "The order has not been submitted to the order bank" at the bottom. They gave me a second copy after that one that doesn't have that on the bottom which they said was generated after the order went in. Is this all the info I need to figure out when it will be built?

Last edited:

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Ordered a 2017 350 Magnetic with black stripe and convenience package on 5/7/16. I didn't get a VOC that looked like others. I got something with a Ford emblem that has a Sales Code and order code. The first one they gave me said "The order has not been submitted to the order bank" at the bottom. They gave me a second copy after that one that doesn't have that on the bottom which they said was generated after the order went in. Is this all the info I need to figure out when it will be built?
You can call Ford Performance with the Sales Code and the Order Code to get the status that your order is currently in.

CobraO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback
I called the Ford Performance line today and have been told I'm at the "Material Hold" phase. At least I could confirm that they had the order placed 6/1/2016.

2017 GT350R White / Blue

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
DSCF1440.jpg

DSCF1531.jpg
I called the Ford Performance line today and have been told I'm at the "Material Hold" phase. At least I could confirm that they had the order placed 6/1/2016.

2017 GT350R White / Blue
Congratulations on your 2017 "R" model and hopefully it will be finally assembled and on it's way to your home real soon!

I have a neighbor, great friend and car buddy who has exactly the same color combination as your R with the Electronics Package except his is a 2016 GT350R and it is still sitting in Flat Rock waiting for transport so you can just imagine his concern over still waiting for his 2016 R.

On a more positive side the 2017 R's continue to be slowly delivered to new customers with "HR033" being delivered a few weeks ago to a Canadian customer in Southern Ontario.

In addition my 2017 R (HR019) should be delivered to my dealership this week as it was only ~160 miles away from it's final destination as of yesterday so I am very excited to take possession of my new R model later this month.

Lastly, I have another good friend and car buddy who is taking possession of two 2015 GT350's later this week after which time we will meet up in the South with him and we will put three 2015 GT350's namely #77, #79 and #80 all together in the same garage so that will be a very cool experience to see.

My Boss 2012 302 Laguna Seca #76 will certainly fit right in with these three GT350's and can't wait to get them altogether.

I wonder where #78 is sitting????

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
DSCF1374.jpg
DSCF1537.jpg

Last edited:

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
Placed my order for a 2017 solid black GT350 on 7/2/16.

They gave me a Vehicle Order Confirmation that shows an Order#.

Not sure how long the expected wait will be, but very excited.

Fordman88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 F150 XLT Max Tow, 2017 GT350
Just the call from my dealer September build date will have a VIN in a couple weeks. Grabber blue w/ white stripes convenience package. The best thing is MSRP my dealer has been great.

JonS

JonS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Ruby Red - When the weather is nice
Just the call from my dealer September build date will have a VIN in a couple weeks. Grabber blue w/ white stripes convenience package. The best thing is MSRP my dealer has been great.
When did you place your order?