Sponsored

2016 tech pack available MSRP

5.0AVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red 401A PP1 GT
Yikes! People are serious about this. Instead of being smart and staying out of it, I'll add my 2 cents. I feel anyone looking at a 2016 Tech Pack should take a deep breath and wait a few months. The only potentially "doltish" decision is rushing to buy one at ADM or even MSRP when dealers must be getting close to realizing there are hundreds of these cars aging, dusty and taking up valuable showroom space.
I couldn't agree more. I know of one down south from me that has been at the dealer now for 2 months at least. When I first called on a whim 2 months ago it was 5k over. Now it's 2k over. I figure the word is out on these tech pack cars and the 2017 dropping is only going to make things better for anyone that would be interested in a 2016 tech. I am not a patient person but I am going to hold out that hopefully as it gets closer to winter or even spring of next year I will stumble across 16 tech or base below MSRP. If not it wasn't meant to be.
Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
^This!!!!! How many actually plan on keeping their GT350 until it turns into a collector anyway?
I never plan on selling mine so...me? Even if it turns into a collector car it's never leaving my possession until the day I die. My first ever brand new car. It's already maxed out on sentimental value.

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I never plan on selling mine so...me? Even if it turns into a collector car it's never leaving my possession until the day I die. My first ever brand new car. It's already maxed out on sentimental value.
I think the point he's making is people shouldn't buy these cars for expensive paper weights, and to drive them like they were meant to be.

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Anyone and everyone arguing about value is scraping pennies to afford their car. No one who bought a tech Pak cares about future value and if they want(or need) a cooler system they will buy or build one. Those with track packs won't have cooling issues (maybe) so lets see more than 50% of them actually make it on the track.

Don't we have better things to talk about.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
Anyone and everyone arguing about value is scraping pennies to afford their car. No one who bought a tech Pak cares about future value and if they want(or need) a cooler system they will buy or build one. Those with track packs won't have cooling issues (maybe) so lets see more than 50% of them actually make it on the track.

ADM?:frusty:

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track

Or maybe people dont like pissing money into the wind..:shrug:

OP
OP

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

That is not accurate. This is all about mentality of a person and how they spend money.

I'll give you examples from myself. I live in a 7 figure house. Yet I don't spend a dollar to pay someone else unless I absolutely must on any repair, renovation, or any work related to my house, my backyard, etc. I try to do everything myself. I am not perfect, I dont know it all. But I try to learn. I am one of the two people in my street (the other being a 80 year old guy whose house is falling apart) who does his own lawn work. People look at me like I'm from another planet. My neighbor doesnt even wash his car himself, he calls a guy who comes with a van to wash his car. Everyone on my street contracts a landscaping company for $300-400/month to do their yard. I work 12-14 hrs/day but I still find the time.

Why?

Because of two reasons.

A) I dont trust anyone else that they will do anything the way I want to do it. I would never be satisfied with their end result.

More importantly

B) To me, its idiotic and waste of money. My money is important to me. I got to where I am not by wasting it but by conserving it. To add, this western idology of "I'll pay someone else to even wipe my ass" is ridiculous and disgusting. I cannot stand people who dont know (or wont bother to learn) how to change their oil in their cayenne so they pay porsche $300 for it. Big waste of money.

SO....

It has nothing to do with scraping pennies of the floor. It has to do with idology. Mentality. Every one is different.

To me buying a tech pack car from 2016 is like buying an iphone 6 now knowing in 2 months there will be iphone 7 for the same price. Yet people still do it. Why? Because they have to have something when they want it. In this day an age, our lives are driven by consumption and by spending like there is no tomorrow.

I'll give you another example....

Yesterday we went to the ice cream shop. They have 3 sizes, $1, $2, $3. This guy I went with who owns a 997 TT says "just buy the big size in case its not enough, because its only $2 more". I went with small, $1, because if I went with $3 and threw it away, it would actually bother me all night. Its just my personality. It has nothing to do with my ability to afford $2 more as much as ADM on a gt350.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
There are two 2016 Tech Packs available in DE/MD area... contact John Worrall at winner Ford auto group if interested at (302)632-1195 and for more details.

One is DIB (VIN ending G5524565) and the other is Race Red (VIN ending in G5525154)... both do not have stripes. MSRP on each is $57,495.

OP
OP

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
My last tech pack is gone as well. I think I helped out 4 forum folks here, I'm glad it worked out!:)

Sponsored

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
That is not accurate. This is all about mentality of a person and how they spend money.

I'll give you examples from myself. I live in a 7 figure house. Yet I don't spend a dollar to pay someone else unless I absolutely must on any repair, renovation, or any work related to my house, my backyard, etc. I try to do everything myself. I am not perfect, I dont know it all. But I try to learn. I am one of the two people in my street (the other being a 80 year old guy whose house is falling apart) who does his own lawn work. People look at me like I'm from another planet. My neighbor doesnt even wash his car himself, he calls a guy who comes with a van to wash his car. Everyone on my street contracts a landscaping company for $300-400/month to do their yard. I work 12-14 hrs/day but I still find the time.

Why?

Because of two reasons.

A) I dont trust anyone else that they will do anything the way I want to do it. I would never be satisfied with their end result.

More importantly

B) To me, its idiotic and waste of money. My money is important to me. I got to where I am not by wasting it but by conserving it. To add, this western idology of "I'll pay someone else to even wipe my ass" is ridiculous and disgusting. I cannot stand people who dont know (or wont bother to learn) how to change their oil in their cayenne so they pay porsche $300 for it. Big waste of money.

SO....

It has nothing to do with scraping pennies of the floor. It has to do with idology. Mentality. Every one is different.

To me buying a tech pack car from 2016 is like buying an iphone 6 now knowing in 2 months there will be iphone 7 for the same price. Yet people still do it. Why? Because they have to have something when they want it. In this day an age, our lives are driven by consumption and by spending like there is no tomorrow.

I'll give you another example....

Yesterday we went to the ice cream shop. They have 3 sizes, $1, $2, $3. This guy I went with who owns a 997 TT says "just buy the big size in case its not enough, because its only $2 more". I went with small, $1, because if I went with $3 and threw it away, it would actually bother me all night. Its just my personality. It has nothing to do with my ability to afford $2 more as much as ADM on a gt350.
Good on you for helping out members finding allocations. Am I correct in assuming you drive an M5? I can assume you know BMW's depreciates 30-40% within 3 years? Thats a lot of ice cream.

OP
OP

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Good on you for helping out members finding allocations. Am I correct in assuming you drive an M5? I can assume you know BMW's depreciates 30-40% within 3 years? Thats a lot of ice cream.
Yes, helped out 4 guys here. I hope it works out.

I know how much they depreciate. My M5 is a lease with a monthly payment of $960. In 36 months, I will have paid 35k. The residual of my car is 77k. After 3 years, when my lease is up (which will be 6 months into the new M5 btw so the prices of my car will go down even more), I estimate my car to be worth 45-50k. I will negotiate with BMW to let me buy it for whatever the auction price is plus 2k, so say 52k. I will have bought an M5 worth 122k for 87k. The fact that this car depreciates too much is good for me, I use the lease programs to my advantage and I know one or two people in BMWNA who can help out:)

ddub68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
Then I thought - well if you are in a climate where it gets in the high 90s or over 100 regularly and you see lots of traffic or high speed driving you could also have issues with heat.
My experience tells me this is not true. Living in Dallas, TX, it's HOT and I sit in stop and go traffic daily, for long periods of time and have definitely had some high speed driving in 100 degree plus temps. Not even close to having issues. Let's keep it real. :cheers:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
My experience tells me this is not true. Living in Dallas, TX, it's HOT and I sit in stop and go traffic daily, for long periods of time and have definitely had some high speed driving in 100 degree plus temps. Not even close to having issues. Let's keep it real. :cheers:
There are at least 2 or 3 different people who have posted on this forum about having problems after long stop and go drives in the heat or street driving at high ambient temperatures. I'm choosing to believe them.

:cheers:

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Your points are not wrong. However, you also have to look at your incremental cost of "doing business" to determine if it is right or not.

Where I live, it runs me $100 per month for the gardeners to come 2x per month to mow the lawn. There are 2 guys and they are there for approximately 1 hour each time. So, I am paying them $25 per hour to take care of my yard. If I were to do it myself, it would take more than 2 hours. Lets assume 3 hours for arguments sake, which means that my actual replacement time cost is $16.67/hour.

Now, the easy math would say that if I can work incrementally longer (6 hours per month) and I make more than $16.67 per hour, then I should just work 6 more hours and let someone else take care of my yard. However, we know that a penny saved goes straight to the bottom line, and a penny earned gets taxed before flowing down. So, given a tax rate of 40% for arguments sake, that means, that if I make $27.50/hour, I should work those 6 hours and let the gardeners take care of it.

Do you make more than $27.50 per hour? I sure hope so, because that's only $55k/yr and that won't pay for a 7 figure house. Do you make 2x that? 4x? how about 6x?

If I make $100/hr, even after taxes, that means that it would cost me an extra $125 every time I mow my own lawn. That math is easy for me...
Sponsored