Sponsored

2016 SHELBY GT350 REPORT - 2,688 MILES

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
I have the 2016 Shelby GT350 Track Pack with 2,688 Miles on this car. I was impressed when I first got it but didn't quite know what I was in for until I hit that 100 mile mark and did that first shift at 8,250 RPM. In a word - MINDBLOWING.

I've had the car for exactly 35 days. I can't stop driving it on my off time - it's the most addictive vehicle I've ever owned. I was cross shopping many cars to consider over the last 15 months. To include the Porsche 911 Turbo PDK, Porsche 911 Turbo 6speed, 997 GTS PDK, Ferrari Modena 6 Speed, and the Corvette Stingray Z51. All were fantastic. The Shelby blows them all out of the water - no comparison in overall driving experience, poise and sound. The Shelby is by far the most exotic driving experience I have personally experienced. It seems to just get better and better as the miles rise.

As soon as I hit the 1,000 mile mark I had it on a track - Indy Circuit NOLA Motorsport - the GT350 ran like a champ all day with no issues. Drove the car 200 miles after the track event and parked in my garage like I went to the grocery store. What a tank. Car feels absolutely bulletproof.

So far I had to replace the thermostat (covered under warranty) - it had locked open not allowing the motor to heat up. Ford had that part ordered and installed in less than 48 hours - easy.

Looking forward to many more miles ahead. Couldn't be happier with this car - NOTHING LIKE IT.
Sponsored

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Thanks.....

I have the 2016 Shelby GT350 Track Pack with 2,688 Miles on this car. I was impressed when I first got it but didn't quite know what I was in for until I hit that 100 mile mark and did that first shift at 8,250 RPM. In a word - MINDBLOWING.

I've had the car for exactly 35 days. I can't stop driving it on my off time - it's the most addictive vehicle I've ever owned. I was cross shopping many cars to consider over the last 15 months. To include the Porsche 911 Turbo PDK, Porsche 911 Turbo 6speed, 997 GTS PDK, Ferrari Modena 6 Speed, and the Corvette Stingray Z51. All were fantastic. The Shelby blows them all out of the water - no comparison in overall driving experience, poise and sound. The Shelby is by far the most exotic driving experience I have personally experienced. It seems to just get better and better as the miles rise.

As soon as I hit the 1,000 mile mark I had it on a track - Indy Circuit NOLA Motorsport - the GT350 ran like a champ all day with no issues. Drove the car 200 miles after the track event and parked in my garage like I went to the grocery store. What a tank. Car feels absolutely bulletproof.

So far I had to replace the thermostat (covered under warranty) - it had locked open not allowing the motor to heat up. Ford had that part ordered and installed in less than 48 hours - easy.

Looking forward to many more miles ahead. Couldn't be happier with this car - NOTHING LIKE IT.
Thanks, for the write up, very nice write up, and I'm LOOKING FORWARD to getting my 350 and just driving it.... :cheers: :thumbsup: John

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
Awesome to hear. Can't wait til weather gets better to get mine back out. Got the itch. Started it up yesterday and pulled it outside to let it run. I agree car seems solid.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350

Rogue,

Nice write up and excellent feedback concerning your track and driving experiences. I was also searching for "other" cars as well, Corvette Z51, Jaguar F type (R or S), or a used GT3. Having spent many years in Germany and racing at Hockenheim, Germany, I knew what I wanted in a car to be able to do both; cruise around and go long distances like a sexy gal, and also be a formidable track star.

Though I finally settled on ordering a tech pack (build week, 7 March), I plan on hitting tracks off and on once I add the required coolers necessary to be able to hang for extended track experiences (Another topic altogether;).

For now, I enjoy reading others experiences, such as yours, which compels me to prepare for the cars arrival, and research necessary mods (coolers, track pack wing, etc.), that will enable me to have a great, no outstanding all round performance car such as the other cars you and I have been eyeballing. I knew from the get go I would add coolers and wing, so never was an issue for me...that is all for this topic please;)

Regarding road manners, how do you think it rides on the street? What type of feedback do you get? Is turn it precise and sharp? When I added the Corvette T-1 Racing suspension to my Z06, my driving experience and handling was equal to a GT3..I could actually hang and beat those pesky rascals at Hockenheim and afterwards cruise home to get groceries as you alluded to in your aforementioned statement. Keep us posted for sure.

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I was cross shopping many cars to consider over the last 15 months. To include the Porsche 911 Turbo PDK, Porsche 911 Turbo 6speed, 997 GTS PDK, Ferrari Modena 6 Speed, and the Corvette Stingray Z51. All were fantastic. The Shelby blows them all out of the water - no comparison
That's what I like to hear. My fun car decision process went from: 996.2 Turbo > 997.1 Turbo > 997.2 GTS > GT350R. If I were using it as a daily I still think the 997.1 Turbo would be the superior option, but for a weekend and track car where the driving experience is paramount, the GT350 is gonna be perfect.

Sponsored

firefisher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang

Thanks for sharing with us. Keep having fun.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Recently passed 3000 miles and am loving the car. It does great as a cruiser - super comfortable seats, easy to drive fast, excellent ride, but really shines in sport mode if you have an opportunity to push it a little. The exhaust note and shifter make the car fun even in traffic. Looking forward to getting the car out on track next Friday, to see what she can really do (or more accurately, what I can do as a driver). Very impressed with the car so far.

-T

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
thanks for the share! I drive mine everyday as well

Sponsored

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63

your car doesnt happen to be red, does it?

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
You are absolutely right about this car being addictive to drive. I can't stop driving mine. The sound, the power, the handling, the brakes. It's a very comfortable car to drive too even with the tight Recaros. I've been daily driving it to work in traffic.

OP
OP
Rogue

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Rogue,

Nice write up and excellent feedback concerning your track and driving experiences. I was also searching for "other" cars as well, Corvette Z51, Jaguar F type (R or S), or a used GT3. Having spent many years in Germany and racing at Hockenheim, Germany, I knew what I wanted in a car to be able to do both; cruise around and go long distances like a sexy gal, and also be a formidable track star.

Though I finally settled on ordering a tech pack (build week, 7 March), I plan on hitting tracks off and on once I add the required coolers necessary to be able to hang for extended track experiences (Another topic altogether;).

For now, I enjoy reading others experiences, such as yours, which compels me to prepare for the cars arrival, and research necessary mods (coolers, track pack wing, etc.), that will enable me to have a great, no outstanding all round performance car such as the other cars you and I have been eyeballing. I knew from the get go I would add coolers and wing, so never was an issue for me...that is all for this topic please;)

Regarding road manners, how do you think it rides on the street? What type of feedback do you get? Is turn it precise and sharp? When I added the Corvette T-1 Racing suspension to my Z06, my driving experience and handling was equal to a GT3..I could actually hang and beat those pesky rascals at Hockenheim and afterwards cruise home to get groceries as you alluded to in your aforementioned statement. Keep us posted for sure.
I've never driven a Z06 with a T-1 Racing suspension personally and that sounds like it would be incredible on Hockenheim. The daily drivability of the GT350 is shockingly good. I especially experienced it's composed and quiet character the first miles as I never ran it hard - it can be silent in the cabin if you want it too. 6th gear and just cruising - you could do that for hours - unlike my Boss 302 Laguna which would give you a headache after about 2 hours from noise/drone. In that regard extremely refined. Turn in is very precise and sharp - the car sits very low - though it is a large 3,700 lb body and it won't feel small - but it hides the weight with it's agility and speed. It's one of those sports cars that does EXACTLY what you tell it to do - very Porsche like in that regard.

Lastly it's visual presence is really impressive going down roads - it's rear-end looks like a widebody as well and matches nicely with the widened front half. You will not be able to blend in with this car.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
Nope - Oxford White with blue OTT and Track Pack.
ok, then you arent the guy i talked to a couple weeks ago at the track :-)

If you're ever over there and need tools, etc, give me a holler. I'm a member and have a garage over there.
Sponsored