Sponsored

2016 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2016 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Being an eternal realist (life must go on), has anybody that has survived this thread thought about going to the Woodward Avenue Dream Cruise this August (2016)? Long, long, ago… in a galaxy far, far away, Woodward Avenue WAS the street racing capital of the world. Not any real information for this coming year yet, but here’s what has gone on in past years:

Dates are Monday, August 15th, 2016 through Saturday, August 20th, 2016. Maybe plan a day or two to visit the Henry Ford Museum:

Right across the street from Ford’s Dearborn Development Center and Test Track and just down the freeway from Glass House.

As an incentive (or disincentive), I’ve posted “Road Trip” miles for some of the long time posters in this over 60 page thread:

• About 560 miles for the Hoser (but a good guy) from Montreal, KayBeckwa.
  • About 610 miles for Brendan688 from Knew York
  • About 623 miles for StangMan04 and Weiner Dog from Virginie
  • About 707 miles for AngerMgmt from Massachewshits
  • About 725 miles for Stangmeister from HotLanta
  • About 725 miles for CrisGonzales from Alabamie, who's Mustang has a serial number only 8 away from mine.
  • About 750 miles for me in the shadow of Summit Racing (South).
  • About 1320 miles for 113 from FloriDUH (you’ll need a co-pilot!)
  • Sorry, SC_Ruby, but which Garden Grove… Left Coast or FloriDUH?
My apologies to anyone I’ve left out. Also… about “that many” miles for anyone else interested in going.

A big “Thank You” (WHAT!?!) to Jarstang, who started this Looney Tunes asylum thread! And an even BIGGER “Thank You” to Deysha, who has endured countless hours of soon to be new Mustang owners pouting, crying and complaining!!!

Don’t want to hijack or clutter up this thread, so if yer interested, just PM me in the next day or two with a simple “YES” or “NO”. Enough interest and I’ll start a new thread. 11 months away is plenty of time to save some dough, plan to take off work, make reservations and have a good time!

OK guys and gals… back to the waiting for your new ride! Patience and Hang In There!
That is enough!!!
About you " road trip " miles contest :),

Happy to see that i'm the least farthest of your short list. Still a long ride from the car theft capital of North America to the car Capital !
We'll have to see what i can do vacation wise as i usually don't take time off from work in August.

Got no update from the great Mathew ( Ford service CA ) , so i got worried and e-mailed him a few minutes ago. Hope my build week didn't get pushed back ! :eyebulge:

:eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge:

Just as i was typing this , got a surprise PM from Mathew saying that my car is in line waiting to be built . :clap2: folks that is one week ahead of time.

ETA from plant to area51 to my deslership is still 10/17 ;)
Sponsored

Last edited:

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
It's been built, window sticker is up and awaiting shipment ( hoping not on the same railcar as Waldorf !!!!:p ).

Catching up on you Waldorf, i may after all get it before you. :cool:

I'm just hoping that everyone that was involved in building my car didn't have too much to drink last night. Just sayin' :cheers:

Jmarten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT convertible on order
Deysha: Hope this gets to you. I sent 2 emails earlier to FordService. I'm trying to get the status on my 2016 Mustang order [like everyone else here!], Dealer F74482, Order # 1000. Thanks. Judd

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Just ship me my car already :paddle:

Everything we know about UAW talks

By Alisa Priddle, Detroit Free Press 2:46 p.m. EDT September 30, 2015

(Photo: Kimberly P. Mitchell)

28 CONNECT 7 TWEETLINKEDIN 4 COMMENTEMAILMORE

We are at a critical juncture in UAW negotiations as voting winds down on the tentative national agreement with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles which appears headed for defeat, a Ford plant poised to strike over an impasse in local talks, and the knowledge that negotiations are likely to stretch well into the fall.
Here is what we know at this time:
FIAT CHRYSLER EMPLOYEES VOTING: One of the last big locals, representing workers at the Belvidere, Ill., Assembly Plant, votes today. Only a handful of locals have approved the pact to date and a Free Press analysis shows the deal cannot pass.

DETROIT FREE PRESS
Ratification of UAW, FCA deal appears mathematically impossible

CONTENTS OF THE DEAL THEY DISLIKE: The deal attempts to bridge the gap between entry-level, or Tier 2 workers. The path to equality contains four wage classifications and raises for all. They range from Mopar and axle operators who make the least, to entry-level or Tier Two workers who would go from $17.58 an hour to as much as $25 per hour over several years; to senior workers who make $28 an hour and would get a 3% raise. There is a $3,000 ratification bonuses (down from $3,500 in 2011), profit-sharing and other performance-based bonuses. The company also plans to invest $5.3 billion in U.S. plants.
HEALTH CARE: UAW President Dennis Williams wants to create a health care benefits cooperative for the active workers at FCA, Ford and General Motors to reduce health care costs without raising rates for members.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT: Williams has called Fiat Chrysler local union leaders back to Detroit for a meeting Thursday afternoon. By then, they should have the official voting results, expected to show the agreement has not been ratified. A decision must be made on what to do next. They could decide to tweak the FCA agreement and use the opportunity to better explain the details of the agreement to a membership that has relied on social media which has not always been accurate. Or they could move on to reach a deal with General Motors or Ford.
WILL EVERY COMPANY GET THE SAME DEAL? While the UAW likes to reach an initial deal and use it as the template for the other two companies, there are usually differences that reflect the relative size, health and labor demographics of each company. FCA is the smallest, financially weakest, and has the most entry-level workers of the three. On Tuesday, UAW-Ford Vice President Jimmy Settles told his members "please do not read too much into the details of the FCA tentative agreement."
WORKERS AT A FORD PLANT COULD STRIKE: In addition to national talks, each plant is negotiating a new local agreement. On Tuesday, Settles told his members that talks are not going well at the Kansas City plant that makes the popular Ford F-150 pickup and Transit commercial van. Settles issued a five-day strike warning, saying Ford has failed to negotiate with the union on a number of key plant issues.

DETROIT FREE PRESS
UAW VP threatens strike at Ford F-150 plant

The previous four-year agreement was to expire Sept. 14 and has been extended as the talks continue. At this pace, negotiations are expected to go well into October, and perhaps into November before all three companies have reached, and ratified their new contracts.
Contact Alisa Priddle: 313-222-5394 or [email protected]. Follow her on Twitter @AlisaPriddle

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
The Aliens have landed!

It's been built, window sticker is up and awaiting shipment ( hoping not on the same railcar as Waldorf !!!!:p ).

Catching up on you Waldorf, i may after all get it before you. :cool:

I'm just hoping that everyone that was involved in building my car didn't have too much to drink last night. Just sayin' :cheers:
Better hope it was on the same rail car... it's in the driveway. Surprise! Got a call this morning, got my first look around 11 am, and just got home. Put a 150 miles on it. NIZE!

If you make it to Dream Cruise, leave the hockey stick at home, and bring plenty of Molson's Export, eh? And on the UAW talks, I'll quote Mick Jagger: "It doesn't matter... I've been shattered!" :D You must be goin' through what I did last night! Keep that shrink's phone number handy.

And no AngerMgmt... no pics - now we're even! Just pulled out the camera and batteries stone dead. 4-5 hours to charge. Phone takes lousy pics (operator error, I'm sure). Pics tomorrow. Mine had 38 miles on it and it was all done at Flat Rock. Got there and they were pulling it in for prep... truck still in the parking lot. Haven't looked in the envelope yet. QA is supposed to be there along with the window sticker. BTW... no aliens in the trunk.

Was legal on the $500.00 cash rebate by less than 12 hours by the time the paperwork was done - runs out at midnight. Didn't know slow boats from China passed this way... only 22 days to go from being built to get to the dealer in Atlanta. About a 10-1/2 hour drive by car.

In the opinions are like @ssholes department: Hate the fob. Love EVERYTHING ELSE!

That is all...

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Better hope it was on the same rail car... it's in the driveway. Surprise! Got a call this morning, got my first look around 11 am, and just got home. Put a 150 miles on it. NIZE!

If you make it to Dream Cruise, leave the hockey stick at home, and bring plenty of Molson's Export, eh? And on the UAW talks, I'll quote Mick Jagger: "It doesn't matter... I've been shattered!" :D You must be goin' through what I did last night! Keep that shrink's phone number handy.

And no AngerMgmt... no pics - now we're even! Just pulled out the camera and batteries stone dead. 4-5 hours to charge. Phone takes lousy pics (operator error, I'm sure). Pics tomorrow. Mine had 38 miles on it and it was all done at Flat Rock. Got there and they were pulling it in for prep... truck still in the parking lot. Haven't looked in the envelope yet. QA is supposed to be there along with the window sticker. BTW... no aliens in the trunk.

Was legal on the $500.00 cash rebate by less than 12 hours by the time the paperwork was done - runs out at midnight. Didn't know slow boats from China passed this way... only 22 days to go from being built to get to the dealer in Atlanta. About a 10-1/2 hour drive by car.

In the opinions are like @ssholes department: Hate the fob. Love EVERYTHING ELSE!

That is all...
Congrats on your new "38 mile joy ride" Mustang !:p

Can't believe you didn't charge your batteries for such an incledible event.

So how is the car ? Did you get a right hand drive Euro spec 'Stang ?;)

So let's see if you talk the talk after getting the car.

Here's a few cold Molson's to you my friend. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

XDsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Finally picked mine up today. Everything looks good on it. Only one small issue and that's the plastic cover behind the passenger door interior handle was missing. Dealer placed an order for the part. Got the $500 rebate plus the $750 private cash offer applied with X-plan pricing.
20150930_135822.jpg
20150930_135840.jpg

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Congrats folks!! Mine has an eta of 10/26 and I. Can. Not. Wait.!

Vandy

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6

That is all...
CONGRATS!!!!:clap2: 38 miles, not bad. ;) My drive home was 61 miles, now at 104 miles. WTF, NO PICS??? :lol: I had a "senior" moment today. Had a small window to wash the car and get her shiny. Planned to take pics but I was rushing to get the car cover on before the rain started again, I forgot. :headbonk:. They are talking about rain until early next week, with the chance of remnants of the hurricane coming too. My car is supposed to go in for a full detail and Suntek PPF on Wed./Thurs. next week. Hoping everything is gone by then.
Enjoy the new Mustang sir! When does the modding/upgrading start? :cheers:

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Finally picked mine up today. Everything looks good on it. Only one small issue and that's the plastic cover behind the passenger door interior handle was missing. Dealer placed an order for the part. Got the $500 rebate plus the $750 private cash offer applied with X-plan pricing.
Congrats sir! Nice exterior and interior color choice. How you liking the painted roof? I seriously thought about it but went with Navi. instead. Automatic here, so no PP for me. :( Can't wait to get my wheels/tires in about a month. Corsa exhaust hopefully going on next week, what you got planned for it?

Sponsored

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Dealer called! They are picking it directly up from the rail yard for me tomorrow!

[ame]

Reactions: 113

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Congrats on your new "38 mile joy ride" Mustang !:p

Can't believe you didn't charge your batteries for such an incledible event. So how is the car ? Did you get a right hand drive Euro spec 'Stang ?;)

So let's see if you talk the talk after getting the car.

Here's a few cold Molson's to you my friend. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

I had no idea it was coming today. Deysha said Monday that the ETA was moved up from 10/8 to 10/1. With that, I figured the way my luck's been it'd show up around the middle of October... or November.

Enjoy those Molson's... if you can get it down here, first thing you've got to do is check for yeast in the bottom of the bottle. Very "well aged" down here. Either nobody buys it, or Molson distribution figures the rednecks won't notice.

Yours will get to you soon enough. Your order keeps gettin' pushed up; mine just kept gettin' pushed back. I just can't wait to see if I get a call from Ford Marketing. They call mucho PP owners. Going to ask if Ford's ore fleet contains slow boats from China.

Car is great! Winds right up. Don't know what the rev limiter is set at, but went right up to 7200 in 3rd gear on the freeway ramp comin' back from Macon. Another "Ford Better Idea" is that they've swapped pods on these from the 2011-14 dashes. Kept looking at the speedo thinking it's the tach. Other than that and the fob, all is VERY well. Anal retentive me actually measured the rear glass at the top. Even within .040" at the corners. Like I said in an earlier post, after a year of making them, they should be able to get it right. Panels line up too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDsm

You just beat the deadline too. That sure looks sweet! And that did it... gonna get the top on mine wrapped with gloss black vinyl. Was thinking about it when I changed the order from magnetic to 3Y, but figured I'd be tempting fate. As it was the car was ready to be scheduled and the dealer for some reason couldn't change the order. Had to go through the zone rep to the regional manager to get it done. Thankfully, checked with Deysha 2 days later, and color was changed. Enjoy it, man... cuz I'm enjoyin' mine!

And for AngerMgmt... here's one sh!tty phone pick just to let you know I actually got the car (aliens not included). :D Color looks kinda green in the photo. Reflection from the trees on that screamin' @ss yellow. I live in the woods like Shrek.

Has rained here for the last 6 days. More forecast for tomorrow and Friday. Good pics might have to wait until the weekend.

And ChrisGonzales... glad nobody woke me up from that daydream last night! Order to Owner only took 3 months, 18 days and 2 hours. "Elizabeth... I'm comin' to join ya!"

That is all...

Last edited:
Reactions: 113

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
Glad some are getting their cars.

I was wishing for early delivery now i want it a week delay due to Hurricane Joaquin menacing the east coast. Don't really want to take possession a couple days before land fall.

RUke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP

That is all...
Congrats!!!! Mine is still at the rail yard waiting for a truck :rant:

RUke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Congrats!!!!
Sponsored