Sponsored

2016 Mustang IIHS Crash Test - Safety Rating

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I think you pasted this pic in every single possible thread you possible could. I saw it at least 5 times. Congratulations.

Now, small overlap happens to be most realistic crash scenario out there (I had a semi take off my left mirror once) and it's for everybody's goodness that they're trying to enforce that and makes cars safer. It may not be us causing the accident, might be the other guy. Getting butt hurt about test that is meant for our safety is - sorry to say - moronic.
Actually small overlap as right now is not realistic at all. It's a solid object instead of something that deforms like another car. Remember how they changed crash tests from solid full frontal to with something that would absorb energy?
Sponsored

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Maybe this is one reason my insurance keeps going up. They told me that the vehicle safety discount was removed for this car.

gtlaw

JcRoush hater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
LOL the challenger has a foot pedal parking brake... that is the gayest shit ever! not that I would have ever bought one but now that car is fawking dead to me

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Actually small overlap as right now is not realistic at all. It's a solid object instead of something that deforms like another car. Remember how they changed crash tests from solid full frontal to with something that would absorb energy?
Scenario is realistic. Object may not be but it's the worst case scenario. Aggressiveness (I think that's the term crash test guys use - at least used to ~20 years ago when I was in college) of the other vehicle makes an obvious difference but think about full size pick up track which isn't that uncommon...

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Scenario is realistic. Object may not be but it's the worst case scenario. Aggressiveness (I think that's the term crash test guys use - at least used to ~20 years ago when I was in college) of the other vehicle makes an obvious difference but think about full size pick up track which isn't that uncommon...
I don't think even trucks would have solid non-deformable fenders.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Yeah - but again - what do you see wrong with designing for worst case scenario ? That's we do in my business (aerospace) and it's working quite well...

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Wouldn't want to have a small overlap with a 1964 F-100, I can tell you that much :lol:Yeah, that was the family pickup growing up, and I had to drive it to school on occasion...and it was built like a tank. Felt like a death trap, the dash was unpadded steel, and although my dad actually found the lap belts (still in plastic in the mid 1980's, and wrapped up with rubber bands-just the way it was delivered from the factory ;) ), there would have been very little give if you wrecked the thing...probably would have also gotten impaled on the steering column if you were driving it.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Lesson learned if you're gonna crash, crash in like a boss. Dont try avoiding. XD
Sponsored