Sponsored

2016 FF Coyote Vs 2016 A8 Camaro SS

Chargersfan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Race Red
Impressive for tune and exhaust. Nice video.

Chevy had like what, 18 months to benchmark the S550, so I don't think anyone expected it to be slower. I think once they put the 10spd in the S550, it will be as fast or faster than the Camaro.

And wow, does the Mustang look amazing compared to the Camaro. 2 years in, and it still looks awesome. The Camaro, it looks like an even more awkwardly proportioned update of the '09 - '15. It is not really a good looking car at all.
That is true.. I know for sure Ford will counter, they always do.

Regarding the tranny's, I don't think just a 10 speed tranny alone will edge it out. Power to weight, gearing and suspension will have much more of an impact.

Sure the Clamato is faster but the looks of the S550's is superior IMO. For an old fart like me who never been to the tracks it's not a deal breaker.
Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Nice races.:thumbsup: I've tried to tell people that a tune is all that required to run with the new SS.
And the same thing I've been saying. Stock for stock, option for option, the Camaro owner is going to pay far more for his car than the OP paid for his Mustang, and the OP put that $$$ towards mods instead--and going by his listed mods he didn't spend much. You could go full blown naturally aspirated modparty with headers, intake manifold, tune, and all upgraded parts and still spend less money than had you bought a Camaro SS. And at that point almost nothing could beat you anymore unless you were racing against FI.

Really fast for a stock car--well done from a performance angle GM. Car is still ugly as hell though. :barf:

Chargersfan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Race Red
And the same thing I've been saying. I guarantee that Camaro owner paid far more for his car than the OP paid for his Mustang, and the OP put that $$$ towards mods instead--and going by his listed mods he didn't spend much. You could go full blown naturally aspirated modparty with headers, intake manifold, tune, and all upgraded parts and still spend less money than had you bought a Camaro SS. And at that point almost nothing could beat you anymore unless you were racing against FI.

Really fast for a stock car--well done from a performance angle GM. Car is still ugly as hell though. :barf:
Very well said, makes me want to do something with my base GT that I got OTD for 32k. Best bang for your buck!

Nah, the Camaro isn't ugly I think it looks pretty sleek after seeing it in person. Just not as pretty as the S550! Ugly is the Pontiac Aztek.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Very well said, makes me want to do something with my base GT that I got OTD for 32k. Best bang for your buck!

Nah, the Camaro isn't ugly I think it looks pretty sleek after seeing it in person. Just not as pretty as the S550! Ugly is the Pontiac Aztek.
You don't think this is beautiful?

maxresdefault.jpg

Sponsored

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
If you're driving a pontiac aztec you really can't make it any uglier so might as well go crazy :p

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost

DanDglassman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Deep Impact Blue
Real nice video. Do you think the 3.73 with the PP helped or hurt you compared to the optional 3.55?

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
Damm man you, can drive! I can't ever seem to shift like that!
Camaro seem to do ok with stock tires, mustang can use some rubbers. Consider s550 is a bte heavier could easily lose some weight with minimum investment.

OP
OP
dev1360

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Camaro seem to do ok with stock tires, mustang can use some rubbers. Consider s550 is a bte heavier could easily lose some weight with minimum investment.
Mustang has Michelin Super Sports on it. It nearly dead hooked the whole time. The Camaro spun more than it did.

Sponsored
OP
OP
dev1360

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
How does a person determine how well they shift? How would I know if my shifting is good or bad?

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
How does a person determine how well they shift? How would I know if my shifting is good or bad?
You xan hear the engine with slight derev then rev again.
MT 6sp with dual clutch you can have alot of fun doing powershift.

Mustang5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
This mustang does not only have a "tune", but also xpipe and running e85 which is a huge advantage. And still the camaro was pulling away.
Sponsored