2016 Cobra Jet... WHIPPLE POWERED!

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
Some of the Lethal crew is out at SEMA this week and caught a glimpse of the 2016 Cobra Jet Mustang and it's Whipple Front Feed 2.9L Powered Coyote engine. If you were curious about what power adder FRPP would choose for their fastest quarter mile Mustang... wonder no more, it's Whipple :thumbsup:

You'll also notice that the Cobra Jet runs American Racing Headers long tube headers.

sSyOg6n.jpg

9ht3GOY.jpg

GbVty4J.jpg
Sponsored

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
Chevy's worst nightmare has returned

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
first of all ...awesome job Whipple and Ford!

question though...power output? I skimmed through some info online but couldn't find it.

Texican1911

Ford Certified Sales Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a Lightning Blue with Midnight Blue 20" wheels Safe & Smart, Active Exhaust, Shaker
question though...power output? I skimmed through some info online but couldn't find it.
I did more than skim and can't find it. 8 second quarter I found.

Sponsored

MCJUNKMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
whipple on cobra jet

I wonder if there is any chance of ford offering a whipple/calibration package because of the development for this. Probably not because of the TVS system they already have but a guy can dream.

OP
OP
Derek@Lethal

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)

MCJUNKMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Sorry don't want to thread jack here but I guess I didn't realize whipple had a kit with their own calibration, I thought they were all 3rd party calibrations on the whipple hardware. I would mostly just be concerned about things like say a -15F cold start, carefully calibrated driveablility, and capability to keep said driveability with changing fuels and altitude, things that you need real development work to get right. I am guessing (or at least hoping) whipple has the time/resources to get it right.

OP
OP
Derek@Lethal

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Sorry don't want to thread jack here but I guess I didn't realize whipple had a kit with their own calibration, I thought they were all 3rd party calibrations on the whipple hardware. I would mostly just be concerned about things like say a -15F cold start, carefully calibrated driveablility, and capability to keep said driveability with changing fuels and altitude, things that you need real development work to get right. I am guessing (or at least hoping) whipple has the time/resources to get it right.
There are few on going threads in the Forced Induction sub-forum currently that has all of this info you are looking for. In short, yes, Whipple does have the resources to nail the calibration down for all the conditions you speak of since they have Ford engineers/calibrators that have built their tunes and continue to improve and update the calibrations. If your car is stock or has minor exhaust mods, the Whipple calibration is amazing. If you decide to get more aggressive with the modding and start adding larger injectors, E85, cams, etc then we have Lund Racing that can build calibrations to take you to the next step and beyond.

Sponsored

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Actually to my eyes it looks very similar to the 2015 california special grill just without the pony badge.

good call that's exactly what it appears to be.
Sponsored