Sponsored

2015 Shelby GT350R in Jay Leno's Garage

JRoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, MKIV, RR
Cant believe i noticed this since i was drooling over the car during this entire segment but Jay, what is up with all the wrinkles in your jeans!? I know you don't care what anyone thinks of you but even the most unfashionable man out there wouldn't be seen dead with wrinkles.

Ok, i can go back to drooling. :D
Sponsored

GManAZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I always love his videos, but this is really something special! I've been anxiously waiting for this since it was mentioned here a couple of weeks ago. It was nice to hear him speak highly of the Eco Boost, that was unexpected!
:ford:

travis1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Magnetic with Tech package
I might have to buy one of those too. If they do as good a job as they have with this car. Holly cow can't wait.

Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
"I rarely play the radio" - Jay Leno

Interesting he didn't choose the radio delete.
He said rarely, not never. I am in that camp, as well, but it is nice to have when you want it,

Eric0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
He said rarely, not never. I am in that camp, as well, but it is nice to have when you want it,
He mentioned that he would like to take his wife in the car.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
He probably did, a celeb with a car show, specially one that is always on TV, I wouldn't doubt JL paying msrp at all. Ford probably gave him a slot for the next ford GT too!
You can bet that Jay paid MSRP on this car but deservedly so based on all of the positive comments and press that he has created over the last few years for certain Ford automobiles such as the 2012 Boss 302 LS and of course now the new Shelby GT350R.

It is my understanding that the allocation selection process (150 North America & 100 Worldwide individuals) for the Ford GT has now been pushed out until ~March instead of this past January but having said that there is no question that Jay will be on the North American list of purchasers and couldn't have gone to a much better car guy in my opinion.

I also understand that production for the 2017 Ford GT will also now be pushed out until late in Q4 of 2016 so having said that we will not see one of these outstanding vehicles on the street until approximately a year from now and even then that will be a very rare sight.

:cheers:

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Jay Leno's Garage GT350R

The sound, OMG... One of these days I hope I get a chance to ride in one, or even better, buy one.

[ame]

Sponsored

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Hotness :headbang: Love the shout out to the Ecoboost, SVO, and manual transmissions.

Last edited:

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Ah, didn't see that... Apparently Leno really dug the EB.

cyandhappiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
He mentioned the brake is brembo, is that the 6 piston that is on the performance package?

Also anyone know if the rotor is interchangeable?