Sponsored

2015 Mustang vs 2015 Audi S5

DrunkMonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0
Hey all, I'm in a dilemma with what I should get. I've ordered a 2015 mustang gt premium with pp. With no money down for a deposit and D plan pricing. But I'm being pressured through my job to lease an Audi s5 on subvented rates and they even stated that they'd assist in paying the Audi's monthly payments so it would be cheaper a month then the mustang. So my question to you guys is what would you do? I was thinking of leasing the Audi for 2 or 3 years and then buying the mustang after the lease.
Sponsored

Last edited:

deeps29

Bizarre Edition!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Depends on what is the shortest leasing term at that price. If it is 1 year, I would get Audi S5 for a year. By that time S550 bugs might also be fixed. Who knows you might even see 2016 model.
And yes, S5 is an amazing car.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
A5 and S5 will be replaced next year. You'll almost immediately be driving an old model.

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
I'd get the S5. As far as german cars go, Audi seems to be the king of reliability ("Break My Wallet"comes to mind). Being realistic, as nice as the '15 is compared to the '14, there are always a few bugs that will be exposed after launch. There's only so much a small team like the Mustang Team can do to find all the faults when launching a whole new platform.

My recommendation would be get your deposit back, lease the Audi, then re-evaluate once the term is up. If you like the S5, just lease another, if not get a '16 GT350.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Do you want to buy or lease?

Leasing the Audi after it is up you don't have a car. Buy the Mustang and when your payments are done you own the vehicle.

Leasing the Audi for 2 or 3 years THEN buying the Mustang is pissing away money you could have been putting in on OWNING the Mustang.

Sponsored

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
Do you want to buy or lease?

Leasing the Audi after it is up you don't have a car. Buy the Mustang and when your payments are done you own the vehicle.

Leasing the Audi for 2 or 3 years THEN buying the Mustang is pissing away money you could have been putting in on OWNING the Mustang.
Or leasing 2 years below mustang loan payment rates then buying a used, similar '15 mustang saves you money, as mustangs are notorious for depreciation

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Leasing is essentially paying for the depreciation. That's how lease payments are derived - true story.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I'm hoping the S550 Gt doesnt have many bugs with the carry over tranny, significantly improved MFT and the improved but stout 5.0. Here's to hoping!!!!

Personally, no contest - the S5 is a very good car but a bit zzzz for me - a ton of folks also have one here. I'd take the 5.0 anyday. Now if you live in the snowbelt and have only one car - S5 would be a consideration (please get it with the active rear diff). If they are offering you a FREE S5, take it. If they are giving 100 or 150 off a month - I dunno about your situation but I'd pass.

Oh, to add to the controversy, I would take my TY GTPP S550 over an RS5 as well. Been there done that - lovely car no doubt but the Mustang is speaking to my primal side. LOL. The toughest decision for me was between the brillian M235i and Mustang, but the 5.0 won out, not to mention the sleek looks of the Stang.

OP
OP
DrunkMonkey

DrunkMonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0
See normally I wouldn't lease I hate the idea of once the term is up I don't have money or a car to show for my spending every month. But with the "assistance" from my job I'm at about $100 or less a month out of pocket in payment to drive the Audi for 1-3 years. Financially it's like a Kia soul payment. I love mustangs and always have wanted one and I love the redesign especially the 5.0 engine but this is almost to good an opportunity to pass up.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
For $100 or less per month, I'm taking the Audi. You get a nice car to drive for a year or more and the difference in payment could be saved to use for other things, including a nice downpayment on an S550 in the future.

Alternatively, that's cheap enough (to me), that if I could, I'd get both. :D Especially if you have a significant other.

Reactions: 113

Sponsored

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
See normally I wouldn't lease I hate the idea of once the term is up I don't have money or a car to show for my spending every month. But with the "assistance" from my job I'm at about $100 or less a month out of pocket in payment to drive the Audi for 1-3 years. Financially it's like a Kia soul payment. I love mustangs and always have wanted one and I love the redesign especially the 5.0 engine but this is almost to good an opportunity to pass up.
Then it's really no question. Get the Audi, once your lease is up re-evaluate.

OP
OP
DrunkMonkey

DrunkMonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0
For $100 or less per month, I'm taking the Audi. You get a nice car to drive for a year or more and the difference in payment could be saved to use for other things, including a nice downpayment on an S550 in the future.

Alternatively, that's cheap enough (to me), that if I could, I'd get both. :D Especially if you have a significant other.
Haha I was way ahead of you thinking hey could I do both and have my girlfriend think she's getting a nice car to drive but to much of a hassle

Sterling Archer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Evil Mobile
Haha I was way ahead of you thinking hey could I do both and have my girlfriend think she's getting a nice car to drive but to much of a hassle
Well....

what she doesn't know will only hurt you later:D

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Cripes when you said "assistance" you mean they are basically paying for it from the sounds of it. If they front you that much you almost can't turn it down just be sure if they go belly up, you are released or with some other unfortunate circumstance that you aren't left holding the bag.

Do as said above, put aside a few hundred a month for that period of 1 to 3 years for a downpayment. Hell if my job paid me several hundred dollars a month for a car I'd take the money.

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
I have never been interested in Audi. German badge tax really sucks. There is something wrong with a company that claims to be luxo that sells a 2.0 turbo engine "sports sedan" for over $60,000 (with 300 hp well equipped as it should be). As an former owners years back of a Subaru Sti, I call shenanigans at that. If I'm going to spend $60 grand on a car then its either at least going to have a really high output V6 or a V8. 4 banger turbos are meant for cars like the Sti.
Sponsored