Sponsored

2015 Mustang versus current Mustang

• Thread starter groundnpounder
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
OP
OP

Deroxas2.0

Haven't driven a 1LE before either but from its reviews its sounds like it drives well. But just can't get over its looks I mean how unimaginative can you be to just give it a black hood. Looks like it just came out of the bodyshop not completely finished.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
When you're a hardcore corner-carver (or street racer, for that matter), a conventionally-favored appearance hardly matters because you want everything to have a function relevant to your driving that car. Because you buy the car for what it's like to drive and drive hard, not as an ornament to sit in a lawn chair and look at. Those who don't know what lies beneath probably wouldn't understand it anyway.

A flat black hood was used on a number of cars back in the late 1960's and early 1970's. The original reason was to eliminate or reduce the amount of light reflected off the hood into a race car driver's eyes under certain conditions, but it worked in street driving as well. I emptied a few rattle cans of flat black doing the hoods on a couple of my own cars in years past . . .

Norm

OP
OP

MustangMarine

A flat black hood was used on a number of cars back in the late 1960's and early 1970's. The original reason was to eliminate or reduce the amount of light reflected off the hood into a race car driver's eyes under certain conditions, but it worked in street driving as well. I emptied a few rattle cans of flat black doing the hoods on a couple of my own cars in years past . . .

Norm
Very interesting... never knew that practical reason for the black hood. Always thought that it was just a misguided cosmetic 'upgrade'
Sponsored