Sponsored

2015 Mustang (s550) Wish List

D Griff

Threads
Reaction score
Rather than wish for the good to get even better (ie more power), I am hoping for improvements to the interior / driving position and the handling. I've driven a 2011 GT, and when I put the pedal down it was amazing. When I took it around an on ramp I wasn't really impressed. It wasn't terrible, but to me the car really felt big. I want a sharper more nimble feel. I don't expect it to be like a miata (I want it to still be a mustang), but I hope that they improve the feel and handling of the car.

I'm really excited about the 2015 mustang because it seems like these are areas they plan on improving.
Yep, I'm good with the current power train options, honestly.

Wants:
Lighter weight (V6 ~3000 lbs, V8 3200 lbs ideally, for base models)
Shorter length/width (mostly length)
IRS
Track Pack with good suspension, gearing, brakes, etc.
Recaros still an option
Good 6 speed manual
Cool colors like Gotta Have it Green, Grabber Blue, Plum Crazy (Dodge) Some type of yellow
Good styling
Reasonable interior

So basically, I want a smaller, lighter version of the current car with some suspension/transmission improvements and a more modern look. A better interior would be nice, but I could live without it. Don't really care baout tech as long as it has decent audio quality.
Sponsored

let me ride

Threads
Reaction score
I'm with you on the colors. We need more than a basic crayon box of light and dark blues, reds and prime. I like the variety of bold colors in comparison to the Fusion options and others in the line up but need some different hues. Dark Side and Sunset are good examples of this IMO. Looks great and good variety in different forms of light. Let's get that double layered paint to do its job!

FStephenMasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V8 '02 M-B c230K
Hatchback. The looks can be exactly the same, but it would be far, far more useful. I suspect it may also be necessary for European sales. A wagon version would also be excellent. Having a hatchback coupe, convertible, and wagon would vastly broaden the market for it everywhere it will be sold.

Of course they will offer manual transmissions. I'll probably never own another vehicle equipped with one, the last being the 1984 Sunbird turbo I sold in 1994. Driving it in southern California traffic was downright painful, with my left foot ready to fall off some days.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Seriously, a wagon mustang? What next pink and polka dotted paint jobs? smh

FStephenMasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP

DarkAgent10

They did it for like a decade and no one scoffed. If they can get the size and dimensions right it can be done tho I wouldnt count on it.

Not sure they can still do that with all the safety requirements when weight is such a big concern now.

OP
OP

J.Darcy

Hatchback. The looks can be exactly the same, but it would be far, far more useful. I suspect it may also be necessary for European sales. A wagon version would also be excellent. Having a hatchback coupe, convertible, and wagon would vastly broaden the market for it everywhere it will be sold.
I could live with a Mach 1 hatchback type of design. Would be kinda quirky and unique. Dunno how well something like that would sell though probalby not well heh.

Allerick

First Time Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang (DIB 2.3T w/ Ceramic Int.)

Of course they will offer manual transmissions. I'll probably never own another vehicle equipped with one, the last being the 1984 Sunbird turbo I sold in 1994. Driving it in southern California traffic was downright painful, with my left foot ready to fall off some days.
Please no! Not a wagon! I really don't like the "shooting-brake" trend in the performance world. I want a sweet fast back. The only thing more offensive to add to the mustang would be a four door family edition. I could see a fusion wagon, but I really doubt Ford would go for that on a mustang. Now a hatch I would like. It would mean that they could extend the slope of the fast back further back and reduce the length of the trunk. I would be down with that.

FStephenMasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A hatchback is far more likely for the USA, as it would sell well outside the USA, making for a simpler model line-up. A wagon would sell better in Europe than the USA, but there is already a Fusion (Mondeo) wagon outside the USA.

OP
OP

Icy

I know its been said before but ill say it again... HID headlights and LED rears standard across ALL trims.

This is a big value proposition for the base Mustang right now over the SS trim for the Camaro currently. A $1300 or so value in fact, which is how much extra it runs them. I would hate to see Ford lose its best bang for your buck status. IRS will be enough reason for them to jack up prices a few grand. I'm fine with that as long as we don't go backwards in all the standard features.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
A hatchback is far more likely for the USA, as it would sell well outside the USA, making for a simpler model line-up. A wagon would sell better in Europe than the USA, but there is already a Fusion (Mondeo) wagon outside the USA.
Assuming that a hatchback could be made to pass crash standards without adding back in all of the weight loss being hinted at, that variant has a chance because for the most part the utility factor remains concealed. What must be kept in mind is that hatchbacks have not sold all that well in the USA since the 1970's to maybe the early 1980's.

A station wagon Mustang has about as much appeal as a station wagon 911 Porsche. And about the same chance of success in the market. It's one thing if you make sports/sporty/muscle/pony cars reasonably useful, but you're throwing away the whole character of such cars if you make them too overtly utilitarian.

Hotrodding a sedan (or in this case a wagon developed from one) is not the same thing at all. In this case, you're adding a measure of 'sport', not diluting it. There's a difference.

I know its been said before but ill say it again... HID headlights and LED rears standard across ALL trims.
I hope you mean better HIDs than what I got as OE on my 2008. Their performance is uneven to the point where running the fogs provides a noticeable improvement as "fill-in" illumination for the dark patches. If they don't/can't/won't fix this, pass.

Norm

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
9/10 cars over here are "hot hatchbacks" (Focus, Golf etc.) SUV's or station wagons... I hate'em all. I want a coupe/fastback or convertible. And Porsche already has a station wagon (though not a 911)... Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo.

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I hope you mean better HIDs than what I got as OE on my 2008. Their performance is uneven to the point where running the fogs provides a noticeable improvement as "fill-in" illumination for the dark patches. If they don't/can't/won't fix this, pass.

Norm
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but weren't just halogen projector headlights (not HID's) offered on all 2008 models?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
HIDs were an option. To look at them though, there wasn't much stylistic difference.....not like the difference between the 2010+ HID v non-HID :)

HID

Halogen

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
HIDs were an option. To look at them though, there wasn't much stylistic difference.....not like the difference between the 2010+ HID v non-HID :)

HID...
Halogen...
Wow, I had no idea! I must say though in that time projector technology has come a ways, especially in the price department. Those look like an afterthought.

I would expect great performance from new HID's.
Sponsored