Sponsored

2015 Mustang GT full exhaust sound!

Voodoo

Elite Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
Caught a magnetic GT at the American Muscle show. The guy from Ford told me that the mufflers are not stock, they are an aftermarket part from Ford Racing. :ford:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]zytJTdWKSHY[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored

TxStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Fastback, 89 Gt, 91 LX
Great job on the video. Wish he could have stayed on the throttle for more than a blip to get a better idea of the tone at steady RPM. Sounds pretty mean though. It being a Ford Racing exhaust may explain the different exhaust notes we have heard in different videos, especially the more aggressive sounding exhaust in the Goodwood Festival climb video.

Also, not sure about the exhaust tips on there. They appear to be more substantial and polished than the stock units. Is that what you saw? May be a bit much for me, but I reserve judgment.

Bottom line: Great video and very promising that Ford is well underway to having aftermarket parts on the shelf when these things hit the lots.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Downloaded and saved in case you get silenced by Ford next.

SWLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty raspy and poppy also. Will be nice to see what other exhausts sound like on it

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
It being a Ford Racing exhaust may explain the different exhaust notes we have heard in different videos, especially the more aggressive sounding exhaust in the Goodwood Festival climb video.
Yeah, in retrospect I bet the Goodwood car had this exhaust on it.

Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
The stupid thing is. I would pre order exhaust right now but there is this crazy embargo on info. Just give up the goose I'M SICK OF SEEING HELLCAT INFO ALL OVER THE WEB

OP
OP
Voodoo

Voodoo

Elite Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
The stupid thing is. I would pre order exhaust right now but there is this crazy embargo on info. Just give up the goose I'M SICK OF SEEING HELLCAT INFO ALL OVER THE WEB
The Ford guy wouldn't give me any detailed info either, anytime I brought up a fact about the car, all he did was wink ...but he did let me sit in the car though! LOL
I really like the fit and finish of the interior, looks and feels expensive, and everything looks tidy and compact.
IMG_8179.JPG

oj5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Thanks for the video man! I think this is the same GT that showed up at CJ Pony Parts. To me, it sounds like an S197 Coyote with longtubes, even though it's only a Catback.. Sweet.

OP
OP
Voodoo

Voodoo

Elite Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
I have to say, the rear of the S550 does make the S197s look a bit outdated. My favorite part of the new car's exterior by far.
IMG_8170.JPG

oj5OH

Threads
Reaction score
I have to say, the rear of the S550 does make the S197s look a bit outdated. My favorite part of the new car's exterior, by far.
The car looks outdated in general, in my opinion.

Here's a side comparison of my S197 to an S550.
I still love the look of the S197, but the S550 just looks so much better to me.
image.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
Voodoo

Voodoo

Elite Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car

I still love the look of the S197, but the S550 just looks so much better to me.
True. I really want one now, even my girlfriend wants one! Car looks better in person for sure.

oj5OH

Threads
Reaction score
True. I really want one now, even my girlfriend wants one! Car looks better in person for sure.
Man, I'm pretty sure you won't regret it! I seriously can't wait to see one in person. At this point, the first one I will probably see is mine, which is totally fine, lol :D

OP
OP
Voodoo

Voodoo

Elite Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
Man, I'm pretty sure you won't regret it! I seriously can't wait to see one in person. At this point, the first one I will probably see is mine, which is totally fine, lol :D
Nice! :ford: I'd probably wait until this time next year to get one. Gotta save up.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport

S550 is going to age really well. It's going to look good 10 years from now