Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I suggest that this 2015 Ford Shelby GT350 R model listing is legit but have been wrong many times before.

:blush:
That's like saying: Chance of rain tomorrow is definitely 50% šŸ˜‰
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
That's like saying: Chance of rain tomorrow is definitely 50% šŸ˜‰
Have to agree with you Tony! šŸ˜Š

That being said, I would have no problem placing some money on this being a legitimate listing/consignment.

Also suggest that F0022 will sell assuming that the actual owner comes to a somewhat reasonable price point.

With only 37 examples built along with some of that number never being available for sale, there are many well healed Mustang enthusiasts that will pay a significant premium for these rare and elusive 2015 50th Anniversary GT350/R models.

RedVuDu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
66 Fastback 2016 GT350
Have to agree with you Tony! šŸ˜Š

That being said, I would have no problem placing some money on this being a legitimate listing/consignment.

Also suggest that F0022 will sell assuming that the actual owner comes to a somewhat reasonable price point.

With only 37 examples built along with some of that number never being available for sale, there are many well healed Mustang enthusiasts that will pay a significant premium for these rare and elusive 2015 50th Anniversary GT350/R models.
This one would be fun to watch on BAT.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
This one would be fun to watch on BAT.
Totally agree with you and a little surprised that the owner and/or consignor did not head down that path with BaT auctions?

Outstanding exposure, terrific format, little or no risk and all that for a very small investment.

Seems like a great formula for success!

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Letā€™s be honest. BAT is far from a terrific format. The trollā€™s are in force in just about every Shelby auction. Itā€™s always the same nonsense questions, requests for this and that, and almost always from the keyboards of those that donā€™t ever bid. Wonā€™t even get started on the posers with the bids in an attempt for some type of credibility. Honestly, consigning your car with one of the several reputable dealers that routinely bid would be a better option in many cases. The one thing BAT is good for is if youā€™re a car guy and you simply enjoy cars. Great to view whats put up.

Totally agree with you and a little surprised that the owner and/or consignor did not head down that path with BaT auctions?

Outstanding exposure, terrific format, little or no risk and all that for a very small investment.

Seems like a great formula for success!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Letā€™s be honest. BAT is far from a terrific format. The trollā€™s are in force in just about every Shelby auction. Itā€™s always the same nonsense questions, requests for this and that, and almost always from the keyboards of those that donā€™t ever bid. Wonā€™t even get started on the posers with the bids in an attempt for some type of credibility. Honestly, consigning your car with one of the several reputable dealers that routinely bid would be a better option in many cases. The one thing BAT is good for is if youā€™re a car guy and you simply enjoy cars. Great to view whats put up.
Would be cool to see it roll down the red carpet at Barrett Jackson or Mecum. Theyā€™d probably bring a really nice number too.

But, the collectors know how to sniff these cars out no matter where theyā€™re listed (and also if theyā€™re not listed but would sell for the right number).

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Donā€™t disagree with that. Not gonna lie, the lets say less than genuous on BAT annoy me a wee bit. Lol.

Would be cool to see it roll down the red carpet at Barrett Jackson or Mecum. Theyā€™d probably bring a really nice number too.

But, the collectors know how to sniff these cars out no matter where theyā€™re listed (and also if theyā€™re not listed but would sell for the right number).

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP

Just donā€™t read the comments - same applies for YouTube, legit bottom feeders / mouth breathers. At the end of the day, BAT provides a fantastic forum for enthusiasts to buy/sell, and allows folks to get top dollar for rare vehicles like that. In many cares, it doesnā€™t make sense for the seller, I get thatā€¦but itā€™s an incredible resource nonetheless and just have to avoid reading the garbage commentsā€¦itā€™s a wasteland. I deleted all my social media for the same reason.

Crazy thing about BAT is the volatility based on the buyers in the market at any given time. That creates buying opportunities for folks who are patient for sureā€¦Iā€™ve seen the same car with similar spec and history sell for 20-30% more/less depending on the given weekā€¦crazy

Sponsored

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2022 GT500 CFTP HE, 2022 Lightning
Vehicle Showcase
Just donā€™t read the comments - same applies for YouTube, legit bottom feeders / mouth breathers. At the end of the day, BAT provides a fantastic forum for enthusiasts to buy/sell, and allows folks to get top dollar for rare vehicles like that. In many cares, it doesnā€™t make sense for the seller, I get thatā€¦but itā€™s an incredible resource nonetheless and just have to avoid reading the garbage commentsā€¦itā€™s a wasteland. I deleted all my social media for the same reason.

Crazy thing about BAT is the volatility based on the buyers in the market at any given time. That creates buying opportunities for folks who are patient for sureā€¦Iā€™ve seen the same car with similar spec and history sell for 20-30% more/less depending on the given weekā€¦crazy
A few years ago, I was watching a BAT auction for a really expensive car and a guy commented that he was a service tech that worked on that car and that it had been involved in a bad accident and they repaired it under the radar. Everyone pulled their bids of over $1 million and the car did not sell. Come to find out the guy making the claim new the owner and they were not friends and he did it on purpose. A few months later the car came up on BAT again and because there was a prior auction for the car the same comments were there. It did not sell again. The comments section on BAT cannot just be ignored, when @Inthehighdesert listed his HEP R there was a guy that littered the comments with bad posts and his car never reached the reserve. BTW on BAT the reserve is set by BAT and you agree with it, they will not let you set any reserve you want.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
I had some clowns in my for sure, but that was to be expected. The haters were coming out of the wood work when the HERā€™s were going for crazy money. I did actually set my reserve though. It was in line with where the market was at the time so that may have been why I didnā€™t get any push back from BAT. I do think sellers can do themselves a huge favor by simply pre-answering the typical bs questions that come up in the shelby auctions for example. I see a lot of the same type questions in regard to the porsche auctions as well. The week my auction went live I was on vacation with my family in northern AZ, we literally had zero cell service, which didnā€™t help either. Mine went live before I knew it and I would have asked to delay it so I could have been more active with it. The being at BATā€™s mercy for when the auctions go live is a big downside as well.

A few years ago, I was watching a BAT auction for a really expensive car and a guy commented that he was a service tech that worked on that car and that it had been involved in a bad accident and they repaired it under the radar. Everyone pulled their bids of over $1 million and the car did not sell. Come to find out the guy making the claim new the owner and they were not friends and he did it on purpose. A few months later the car came up on BAT again and because there was a prior auction for the car the same comments were there. It did not sell again. The comments section on BAT cannot just be ignored, when @Inthehighdesert listed his HEP R there was a guy that littered the comments with bad posts and his car never reached the reserve. BTW on BAT the reserve is set by BAT and you agree with it, they will not let you set any reserve you want.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
My comments were simply centered around getting a vehicle sold for a good/great price and on an extremely low-cost basis compared to live and in person collector car auctions.

Have you ever consigned, sold or purchased one of your vehicles at a public in person collector car auction and if so you would know exactly what I am talking about in terms of high cost and the hassles that go along with that format?

Suggest that you consign one of your vehicles at an in-person collector car auction after which time you might understand that those same clowns/haters as you call them also attend Mecum, Gooding, RM, Bonhams, BJ, etc. and dealing with them face to face is much worse than dealing with them online.

Bottom line is that the trolls that you speak of are in force at all forms of auctions and if you can't handle that scenario then you need to find another way to sell your vehicle.

BTW, I answered your PM without response.

NPTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP

If youā€™re actually involved in the bidding, buying or selling, you canā€™t ignore it. Iā€™m talking about just browsing the auctions, checking out cool cars and enjoying as a spectator, then ignore. My point was more so that itā€™s an incredible forum for enthusiasts to buy / sell, even if not perfectā€¦and Iā€™m quite happy it exists as an option to make the second hand enthusiast market more efficient and the auction market for cars like this more accessible.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Not sure why you took that personally. Wasnt meant like that. Iā€™ve sold boats, trucks, cars, equipment, you name it in just about every format there is. That includes BJ, but never Mecum. As for if I can handle the trolls or not, ok. Itā€™s the internet, just makes it easier to interject and hide behind a sign in. It is what it is. As for returning your message, thatā€™s on me. Completely thought I did.

My comments were simply centered around getting a vehicle sold for a good/great price and on an extremely low-cost basis compared to live and in person collector car auctions.

Have you ever consigned, sold or purchased one of your vehicles at a public in person collector car auction and if so you would know exactly what I am talking about in terms of high cost and the hassles that go along with that format?

Suggest that you consign one of your vehicles at an in-person collector car auction after which time you might understand that those same clowns/haters as you call them also attend Mecum, Gooding, RM, Bonhams, BJ, etc. and dealing with them face to face is much worse than dealing with them online.

Bottom line is that the trolls that you speak of are in force at all forms of auctions and if you can't handle that scenario then you need to find another way to sell your vehicle.

BTW, I answered your PM without response.
Sponsored