Sponsored

2015 GT350R for sale......

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
That 2016 Base GT350R super rare car, 1 of 8 produced that year. No A/C, no backup camera, no BS šŸ˜Ž. Winning bidder will be very very happy !
As you know I am very passionate for any Base R models and really like this Avalanche Gray Base R with a Black Painted Roof and Black OTT stripes.

Just to be clear there were 64 Base R model assembled in 2016 with 8 examples coming in Avalanche Gray.

Wished I was there this year to see GR095 and especially F0037 go across the Mecum block for a second time within the last 4 years.

Any guesses from our intelligent and knowledgeable members as to what the high bid will be for F0037 this coming Friday?
Sponsored

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
As you know I am very passionate for any Base R models and really like this Avalanche Gray Base R with a Black Painted Roof and Black OTT stripes.

Just to be clear there were 64 Base R model assembled in 2016 with 8 examples coming in Avalanche Gray.

Wished I was there this year to see GR095 and especially F0037 go across the Mecum block for a second time within the last 4 years.

Any guesses from our intelligent and knowledgeable members as to what the high bid will be for F0037 this coming Friday?

Here are my predictions:
2016 Base R - I don't think a Base R has hit 100k yet.... but it's coming and I think it will happen for this lovely Avalanche Gray R. Such as bad ass color combination. Hammer price: 90k, which will put it at 100k final for the buyer.

2015 R - Really hard to say as one of these has not came up for sale publicly in 3 years. For a normal 2015 R I would say it would hit $225k right now. But this is the last one built. #37 of 37. I think that capitulates it up to 275k hammer.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Here are my predictions:
2016 Base R - I don't think a Base R has hit 100k yet.... but it's coming and I think it will happen for this lovely Avalanche Gray R. Such as bad ass color combination. Hammer price: 90k, which will put it at 100k final for the buyer.

2015 R - Really hard to say as one of these has not came up for sale publicly in 3 years. For a normal 2015 R I would say it would hit $225k right now. But this is the last one built. #37 of 37. I think that capitulates it up to 275k hammer.
Not to get too far off topic, but I am also a fan of Avalanche. I love the black/yellow combo with it, pic courtesy of Project 6GRā€™s website. I could take or leave the wheels, but the striping is on point IMO

IMG_2971.jpeg

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Here are my predictions:

2016 Base R - I like your prediction of $100,000 OTD for GR095. My only concern centers round the ~7,300 miles on the odometer and where is the OEM car cover and original window sticker? Based on some research I suggest that this AG Base R coming with a Painted Black roof and Black OTT stripes may be one of just a few examples for the 2016 model year.

As far as a Base R model not hitting 100K on the open market, my understanding as well but suggest when F0004 (Deep Impact Blue) got sold to Mr. Cobra (Lynn Park) I would suggest that was a 6-figure deal but only speculation on my part. I have not heard if any of the 5 other Base R models for 2015 have changed hands? When I took my Shadow Black 2018 Base R (JR157) to auction a couple years ago the high bid got up to $93,000 but did not lift the reserve.

2015 R - Again I like your prediction and could see F0037 hitting $300,000 OTD or more even with 6,043 miles on the odometer but have been wrong many times before. These 50th Anniversary 2015 GT350R models are very special and rare to say the least therefore they command a lot of attention from many big-time collectors/enthusiasts. When I watched John's car hit the auction block at Indy back in July 2020 the odometer read 6,035 miles therefore the second owner only put 8 miles on the odometer over the last 4 years.

F0004 2015 Base R-Lynn Park (2).jpg

F0004 2015 Base R-Lynn Park.jpg

JR157-25 (2).jpg

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
One thing Iā€™ve never understood is one of the first questions people ask is owners box and window sticker. Window stickers get tossed, damaged, whatever. If I didnā€™t have it Iā€™d spend the 50 bucks to replace it. The cover depends on if it was ordered with one or not, but readily available as well. On some sales that stuff definitely makes a difference in price.

2016 Base R - I like your prediction of $100,000 OTD for GR095. My only concern centers round the ~7,300 miles on the odometer and where is the OEM car cover and original window sticker? Based on some research I suggest that this AG Base R coming with a Painted Black roof and Black OTT stripes may be one of just a few examples for the 2016 model year.

As far as a Base R model not hitting 100K on the open market, my understanding as well but suggest when F0004 (Deep Impact Blue) got sold to Mr. Cobra (Lynn Park) I would suggest that was a 6-figure deal but only speculation on my part. I have not heard if any of the 5 other Base R models for 2015 have changed hands? When I took my Shadow Black 2018 Base R (JR157) to auction a couple years ago the high bid got up to $93,000 but did not lift the reserve.

2015 R - Again I like your prediction and could see F0037 hitting $300,000 OTD or more even with 6,043 miles on the odometer but have been wrong many times before. These 50th Anniversary 2015 GT350R models are very special and rare to say the least therefore they command a lot of attention from many big-time collectors/enthusiasts. When I watched John's car hit the auction block at Indy back in July 2020 the odometer read 6,035 miles therefore the second owner only put 8 miles on the odometer over the last 4 years.

F0004 2015 Base R-Lynn Park (2).jpg

F0004 2015 Base R-Lynn Park.jpg

JR157-25 (2).jpg

Sponsored

RJ787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R [LR215]
Here are my predictions:
That's wild if that 2016 Base R even reaches $75k, considering it sold for less than $60k 6 months ago ($62,475 after fees.) Maybe Mecum will hype it up properly.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2016-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350r-2/

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
One thing Iā€™ve never understood is one of the first questions people ask is owners box and window sticker. Window stickers get tossed, damaged, whatever. If I didnā€™t have it Iā€™d spend the 50 bucks to replace it. The cover depends on if it was ordered with one or not, but readily available as well. On some sales that stuff definitely makes a difference in price.
When looking for a HP Mustang over the last ~40 years I typically purchased a brand-new model but there have been a few occasions whereby I was interested in a used HP Mustang from a recent generation and was willing to pay top dollar.

With that being the case I had certain criteria that had to be met such as being a one-owner vehicle, reasonably low mileage, had to come with the original window sticker, OEM car cover, Mustang Owners Kit (Boss 302 LS or GT350R) and original owner's manual.

BTW, not that many years ago I had the original owner's manual stolen from one of my 2015 Shelby GT350 cars at a charity car event and to find a replacement owner's manual for that vehicle took me months.

I finally located one for $350 which was a bit ironic and it reminded me of activating the TracKey on my Boss 302 LS cars for $302 back in the day.

If you are happy/comfortable purchasing a used HP Mustang without the original owner's kit, window sticker, OEM car cover, owner's manual, etc. based on the seller either losing them or keeping them for some strange reason then good for you.

Each to their own but for me that is not a path that I am comfortable going down and would never recommend that scenario to any of my fellow car buddies.

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I feel like holding onto the things that came with a semi-collectible car is an indicator of whether the owner cared about the car in the ways that I appreciate. It's not the be all and end all but it's definitely something I would keep in mind when looking at a used 350, Boss, etc. I drive the hell out of my cars but I also take care of them and would like to buy from someone of the same mindset.

Sponsored

EBTAGMOTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HE R, 2022 GT500 PP HE, 2016 GT350BaseR
Almost wish I had sold my '20 earlier so I could've bought that Base R for that price :(
In my experience as much as I love my Base R the prices for them just aren't there. I tried selling my car for months with no takers. Even had the price down to $68K I believe, with (3) years remaining on a Ford warranty. PPF, ceramic, etc. I am sure the fact that I have a cage and have tracked the car a few times didn't help. (Although that is what it was made for :)). The only reason I was selling mine was to purchase a Black 2017 Base R with 4000 miles on it for $65k that was untouched. That car sat for over 6 months with no takers. I was still going to buy it but it needed tires, out of warranty and was black, even though it was close to me I would have had $75k into it by the time I added tires, warranty, taxes, etc. I am aware of a couple more of them out there and I may still grab another one. But at this time I would not pay the price Mecum thinks they are going to get on this Avalanche one, although it is a great car and a great colorway. I hope to grab another one before people realize how rare and awesome these cars are.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Think you misunderstood my post. I was saying that stuff is important, not the opposite.

When looking for a HP Mustang over the last ~40 years I typically purchased a brand-new model but there have been a few occasions whereby I was interested in a used HP Mustang from a recent generation and was willing to pay top dollar.

With that being the case I had certain criteria that had to be met such as being a one-owner vehicle, reasonably low mileage, had to come with the original window sticker, OEM car cover, Mustang Owners Kit (Boss 302 LS or GT350R) and original owner's manual.

BTW, not that many years ago I had the original owner's manual stolen from one of my 2015 Shelby GT350 cars at a charity car event and to find a replacement owner's manual for that vehicle took me months.

I finally located one for $350 which was a bit ironic and it reminded me of activating the TracKey on my Boss 302 LS cars for $302 back in the day.

If you are happy/comfortable purchasing a used HP Mustang without the original owner's kit, window sticker, OEM car cover, owner's manual, etc. based on the seller either losing them or keeping them for some strange reason then good for you.

Each to their own but for me that is not a path that I am comfortable going down and would never recommend that scenario to any of my fellow car buddies.
Sponsored