Sponsored

2015 GT Service Issues

mngrnbg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, 401A, RA, ES, Navi, BLIS, 20s
Just wondering if I got the worst of the bunch. I just dropped my car off for the following;

Back-up camera screens black
Squeaky brakes
Passenger seat release on the back of the front seat won't flip the seat forward
Hood shakes like a dying fish above triple digit speads
Shuddering when braking from high speeds
AC seats that barely get cool
Oh and a dealership that's full of sh!t, I purchased wheel/tire insurance and I have several small rock chips on the wheels and they're trying to say its my fault, I have never parallel parked my car so it's never been near a curb

oh and she only has 6k miles

I dropped some serious coin on a fully loaded car, bought the extra service packs from the dealer and this now happens, seriously considering trading it and never looking back at Ford again.

Ok bitch session done, let's hear the comments
Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
Don't have that.

Squeaky brakes
Have this
Passenger seat release on the back of the front seat won't flip the seat forward
Have this
Hood shakes like a dead fish above triple digit speads
Have this
Not sure about this one.. maybe alignment issue? wheel balancing? warped rotor? who the hell knows.. I don't have that.
Oh and a dealership that's full of sh!t, I purchased wheel/tire insurance and I have several small rock chips on the wheels and they're trying to say its my fault, I have never parallel parked my car so it's never been near a curb

I dropped some serious coin on a fully loaded car, bought the extra service packs from the dealer and this now happens, seriously considering trading it and never looking back at Ford again.

My stealership still hasn't fixed my hood aligment issue and they tried to charge me for the first oil change which #1 is supposed to be free to begin with and #2 I purchased a maintenance pack from them for 3 years which includes oil changes so I shouldn't be paying either way. They also took 3+ hours to do the damn oil change, didn't check tire pressures and left my car parked in their customer parking lot with the windows down.. oh and my car is at 4600 miles. Not really a Ford issue, just a shit dealer.

Guarded GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Guard GT 5.0 A6 base
No issues here, love the car, I laughed at the guy when he couldn't believe I didn't want the extended service plan, I told him, the car will have a blower on it before the factory warranty is up and if it blows up I'll just fix it, lol. Still got my free oil change and every 90 days they service my crystal fusion glass treatment for free. I'm still not exactly sure what that is but if they want to wash my windows so be it.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have any of those problems except I did have the hood shrudder at high speeds but after adjusting the hood bumper stops it's almost gone.

Terry

Sponsored

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Just wondering if I got the worst of the bunch. I just dropped my car off for the following;

Squeaky brakes

Just wait till the car gets a bit more mileage on her. I'm at a little under 17k and it feels like the whole car is coming loose. JK Lol.

Back-up camera screens black - Got it. Happened twice now.

Passenger seat release on the back of the front seat won't flip the seat forward - Got it. Wait till your driver's seat gets lazy and won't move forward when you press the button. :headbonk:

Hood shakes like a dying fish above triple digit speads - Got it. :tsk:

Oh and a dealership that's full of sh!t - Thankfully I don't have this issue. My local dealer is awesome and because of them, I keep on keepin' on with this car.

Besides, I bought it for the motor. If I wanted refinement, I could've stuck to my G37 sedan. This car's a brute and when you put the little flaws aside, it does what it was designed to do very well. :ford:

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
My brakes were very squeaky from the time I bought it until I brought it in right around 13k miles for that along with a busted trunk button, an A-pillar wind noise above 35mph, and a rattle in my driver door coming from the window switches.

They should be able to remedy your brakes, they found "glaze" on all four rotors and pads so they replaced all the pads and machined the rotors. They haven't squeaked at all since, aside for the normal once or twice after rain leaves that thin layer of rust.

Everything else got fixed as well but the window switch rattle has come back somewhat.

I too have noticed my hood shaking a bit at higher speeds, but nothing close to the severity you seem to be experiencing.

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
I wonder if any of you guys have had issues with your circular air vents? 2 out of the 3 center air vents on my car have broken in the exact same spot.. little clip on the right side bottom fin.. sucks.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Yours must be defective. Mine only does this when I do quadruple digit speeds, I think the aero isn't good enough. I hear a loud bang when going somewhere north of 700mph. :shrug:

Sponsored
OP
OP

mngrnbg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, 401A, RA, ES, Navi, BLIS, 20s
Whiners, I spent close to $40k on this and that's a laundry list of issues at its first oil change, simply seeing if anyone else has had the same issues,

shockme66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th Annv. Magnetic
I have had two 2015 Mustangs

1. 2015 EcoBoost Premium - No issues; this car was solid but wanted the GT so it was traded.
2. 2015 GT premium - No major issues, only the brown stitching on the seats (fixed) and a squeaky seat back that was fixed as well and I think this was due to them fixing the brown stitching. I'm only 9K into my car, so time will tell...

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Some people are just too damn petty about things; whiners.
If you have nothing helpful to add stfu and move on. I'm sure if you had a list of problems with your car you would have a different attitude. Loser!

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra

Squeaky brakes

1. Squeaky brakes? Do you have the Performance Package? If so, that's NORMAL for high performance brakes. If you don't have the Performance Pack, there is a TSB to resolve the noise issue.

2. Hood shakes? That's the result of weight reduction combined with turbulence. Have the dealer adjust the hood stops; its not a big deal... :crazy:

3. A shudder while braking is the result of deposits on the brake rotor that cause the rotor surface to be out of parallel. It's not something that is unique to the Mustang or unique to Ford, it can happen to ANY vehicle. If the dealer can verify the issue, they can resolve it by resurfacing the rotors.

4. A/C barely gets cool? You need to understand that there is a difference between an actual problem and a customer perception. Just because "you feel" that it doesn't get cool doesn't mean that there is necessarily something wrong with the vehicle. The vent temperature of the A/C is entirely dependent on ambient temperature, humidity, and sun exposure. The dealer should easily be able to measure the vent temperature and inform you as to whether it's operating as designed or not.

5. Perhaps you don't realize this, but dealerships are not directly associated with manufacturers. They are an independent business called a "franchise". If they sell you "service packs" or "wheel/tire insurance", that is entirely on the dealer. It has NOTHING to do with the manufacturer. Blaming Ford for your aftermarket dealer warranty only proves that you really don't understand how anything works in the automotive industry.
Sponsored