Sponsored

2015 Camaro order banks open on Mustang's 50th birthday

Ponywars

2015 Camaro order banks are opening on 4/17, the same day Ford throws its bash in NY on the 50th Mustang anniversary. Coincidence?

Think Chevy has anything up it's sleeve to try to rain on Ford's parade?
Sponsored

MadMoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stuff
I think the 2015 camaro is the same body style and the 2016 is supposed to be the redesign. Maybe they'll do something crazy like offer the LT1 in it for the final year

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
2015 Camaro order banks are opening on 4/17, the same day Ford throws its bash in NY on the 50th Mustang anniversary. Coincidence?

Think Chevy has anything up it's sleeve to try to rain on Ford's parade?
A sticker and stripe job on the Sonic? ;)

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Probably their own 50th Anniversary Edition... Shown years early and will arrive years late...

I have an awesome marketing strategy...

Let's open up order banks for or second consecutive year of a failing refresh... On the same day as a MAJOR competitor's American Automotive Milestone.

Didn't order banks open up last September??? Now this MY is compressed into a 8 month MY?

Something is up there... It's all F'd in the B over yonder...

Sales suck so bad right now, they may be forced into a 2016 6th Gen. A year before their birthday.

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
That would make me chuckle, if it's true.

But, as Pill says, the 6th gen Camaro isn't due until the '16MY, and there have been no prototypes spotted as far as I know.

However, GM do like their concepts, so it's possible they could show something...............or it could be nothing, and it's just they've bought forward the order book for the '15MY which would be on the current bodystyle.

However, NOTHING will detract me from Mustangs on April 17th :thumbsup:

z928

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Mustang
hope there's RHD for it :) . I want to own it once I'm back home to my country :D

OP
OP

Ponywars

I think the 2015 camaro is the same body style and the 2016 is supposed to be the redesign. Maybe they'll do something crazy like offer the LT1 in it for the final year
Yep this is not the Alpha Camaro. The 2015 Camaro should be the same body style but they could always try to upstage with a concept or some sort of package, as suggested above. I agree that's a tall order. It's gonna be a sea of Ford blue at NYIAS.

6 Gen Camaro styling to remain similar, despite moving to a different platform?

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/03/11/next-camaro-look-similar-despite-new-platform-underneath/
Yea word is the 6th gen Camaro could be more evolutionary tho that doesnt make much sense to me. Completely new platform yet same styling? With the rumors about big weight loss you would think it would at least slim down. I can only imagine how bloated the Camaro will look next to a S550.
Sponsored