Sponsored

2015-2020 Mustang GT Cat Delete Pipes: First To Market and The Original Cat Deletes

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
need some hiflow cat version that's like half the volume increase lol
Sponsored

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
need some hiflow cat version that's like half the volume increase lol
Just get bigger muffler. I've got GT500s on my 2012 5.0 catless X pipe. It's loud on cold start but not unbearable. After it warms up it's not loud at all to me. No resonators either. in fact some people have complimented the sound that asked if it was stock. Loud is a very opinioned thing. Like loud compared to a camry then sure a simple axle back is loud. Loud compared to an old farm truck with open headers not at all. I could see the Roush being loud w no resonator and catless but a bigger muffler like Gibson should not be loud to me but I could be wrong i guess. I watched a video of Corsa Sport with long tubes and it did not seem loud at all to me.

Last edited:

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I'm gonna fab some homemade J-pipes into mine one of these days. With the much added volume of cat removal the 12" resonators are not quite enough, and the RTR's drone a tiny bit now.

Sponsored

NavyChief122

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Cold start is loud, but once warmed up, it's deep and mellow just driving around. Just like a muscle car should be. It's not til you get on it that it's LOUD.

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
For your listening pleasure.

MAK cat deletes with Solo Mach Thunder catback.

BTW, ford can suck it with that manifold/converter design. Even cut, the manifold to converter isn't even close to round. Assholes.

Any clips with the 91 tune? I'm not a fan of the ghost tune in general. I have the Thunder cb and would love to hear your setup with the regular tune.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Cold start is loud, but once warmed up, it's deep and mellow just driving around. Just like a muscle car should be. It's not til you get on it that it's LOUD.
I went ahead and ordered with the flange. I looooove the Solo sound, but already little too loud in the cabin during the winter months. If too loud, I might trade exhaust for mild Corsa mufflers for their reputation with low volume inside the car. Ooooorrrrr, only use the cat deletes on the track. I am sure 20 mins track sessions with a boosted car will probably smoke the stock cats quickly

r1lovin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt
Any drone? I have the mach thunder and will be adding these soon.

Sponsored

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Any clips with the 91 tune? I'm not a fan of the ghost tune in general. I have the Thunder cb and would love to hear your setup with the regular tune.
Sure. It's nice and deep. I run the normal 91 Lund as my daily tune.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I went ahead and ordered with the flange. I looooove the Solo sound, but already little too loud in the cabin during the winter months. If too loud, I might trade exhaust for mild Corsa mufflers for their reputation with low volume inside the car. Ooooorrrrr, only use the cat deletes on the track. I am sure 20 mins track sessions with a boosted car will probably smoke the stock cats quickly
If perfect sound is 100%, I'd say the MAK w/ Solo Thunder is like 120% at WOT. It's loud, but street driving and just being normal, it's perfect. Even at part throttle. I have the Race midpipe from solo in my shed. Oh god I wonder how loud that would really be. I mean that's no muffler, just straight pipes. Haha. Maybe I'll try that one day when I'm bored.

I'd imagine with the XV, you'd be like 105% and even tamer on the street. Remember, the cat's act like resonators, so going cat-less will give you more raspy sound.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Any drone? I have the mach thunder and will be adding these soon.
yes....but....

if a standard catback like the MBRP race (which i used to have) has drone, this is less than half that.

Really, the solo catback was made and tuned with having the cats, so I'm not surprised. Adjustment of the J-pipes could likely decrease it more but it's so little, it doesn't bother me.

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium