Sponsored

2015-2020 Mustang GT Cat Delete Pipes: First To Market and The Original Cat Deletes

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
M-F 8-5 & Sat 9-2
:woot: Go, Rob! Now that's a freaking steal?! But all this talk of the quality of the welds has me a little skeptical. $600 to install headers is also a steal.. SpeedForce in Santee quoted me $800 minimum. I'll yelp them to see if they're open on the weekends.
Sponsored

Dramad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Blk
Hahaha, I paid my buddy's friend 50$, I did all the work, he just welded the two flanges, one on the header and one in the cat. Had to mock up the fit twice. I'm happy. Just find someone that can weld, buy some beer and make a mod day out of it.
100$ plus v clamps sounds good though and easily swappable.

s550_kratos

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
18' GT Premium Lightning Blue
Can someone post vband clamps link make sure I'm looking at the right thing

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Hahaha, I paid my buddy's friend 50$, I did all the work, he just welded the two flanges, one on the header and one in the cat. Had to mock up the fit twice. I'm happy. Just find someone that can weld, buy some beer and make a mod day out of it.
100$ plus v clamps sounds good though and easily swappable.
I wish I knew someone who knew someone that could weld. Lol. The shop I'm going to on Saturday is gonna be $150 for the install. I love how shop prices always manage to magically change. :shrug:

Couldn't find anyone in SD that could beat $150 though.

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Can someone post vband clamps link make sure I'm looking at the right thing
The collars have to be welded in for the vbands to clamp to.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
The cat deletes arrived today while I was at work.

Initial impressions:
- the box in which they came was just fine and upon inspection, the pipes looked to be in good condition as well.

I'll report back tomorrow after the install for my impressions after driving with them on.

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Well, I drove 45 minutes north today expecting to have the cat deletes thrown on by a shop in Temecula but the owner said he wasn't able to do it because his weld gun wouldn't be able to fit and weld around the cut? He said he'd have to remove the manifold and that at that point, I should just do long tubes. He was a cool guy, not pushy at all and showed me his equipment and where his issue was with the install. In the end, he quoted me $350 for the install since he had to remove the header. For reference, he installs headers for $600 out the door so it just didn't make sense for me to pay that much for labor unless I decide to buy long tubes.

At this point, I'm stuck between a rock and hard place. There's a shop here in San Diego that wants $275 for the install. Hopefully they can do it. If not, is there a return policy on these cat deletes?

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Umm.. The manifold side gets welded from the inside. Not the outside.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
^^^that

Sponsored

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Don't know what to say.. I'm no professional when it comes to welding, all my experience has come from bolt-ons. He said it wasn't possible to get a clean weld without removing the manifold.

Either way, [MENTION=19297]Silver550[/MENTION] just pointed me in the direction of a local shop that may be able to get the job done. So I've got two local shops left to try and if that doesn't work out, I'll be putting these up for sale or returning them. It sucks cause the power-price difference is hard justify when comparing these to even the cheapest long tubes.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Don't know what to say.. I'm no professional when it comes to welding, all my experience has come from bolt-ons. He said it wasn't possible to get a clean weld without removing the manifold.

Either way, [MENTION=19297]Silver550[/MENTION] just pointed me in the direction of a local shop that may be able to get the job done. So I've got two local shops left to try and if that doesn't work out, I'll be putting these up for sale or returning them. It sucks cause the power-price difference is hard justify when comparing these to even the cheapest long tubes.
He didn't know but he was wrong.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Any harm to running the car with the passenger side cat delete installed? My buddy made a good point by saying that we could save ourselves time and labor if we just bolt that one on ourselves.

Bhoris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black S550 GTPP
Well, I drove 45 minutes north today expecting to have the cat deletes thrown on by a shop in Temecula but the owner said he wasn't able to do it because his weld gun wouldn't be able to fit and weld around the cut? He said he'd have to remove the manifold and that at that point, I should just do long tubes. He was a cool guy, not pushy at all and showed me his equipment and where his issue was with the install. In the end, he quoted me $350 for the install since he had to remove the header. For reference, he installs headers for $600 out the door so it just didn't make sense for me to pay that much for labor unless I decide to buy long tubes.

At this point, I'm stuck between a rock and hard place. There's a shop here in San Diego that wants $275 for the install. Hopefully they can do it. If not, is there a return policy on these cat deletes?
I got my local shop to install my MAK Cat deletes this weekend as well and I was told the exact same thing. I know the MAK instructions say to weld the flange from the inside but the owner of the shop said "Sure, that would work, but that's not the way I would want the car to leave my shop. Done properly, it should be welded on both the inside and the outside. I'll weld the inside only if that's what you want but that's not how I'd do it if it was my car." Needless to say, I paid the little extra in shop time for him to do it correctly.

Anyway, the car is fucking LOUD now. Like, ridiculously loud, there's more drone than there used to be, and it's also quite a bit raspier than it used to be. I love the sound at idle and low throttle but at WOT it's a bit too raspy for my tastes. I have the MAK deletes paired with a FRPP Sport catback exhaust. I'm considering exploring the idea of adding the stock resonator again just to see what it would sound like but I'm going to live with it like it is for a few days to see if it grows on me.
Sponsored