Sponsored

2015-2020 Mustang GT Cat Delete Pipes: First To Market and The Original Cat Deletes

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Anyone have this paired up to a mbrp exhaust? I'm curious to see how this sounds?

[MENTION=14371]'Merica[/MENTION] does

heard it this past weekend. Wakes up the mbrp big time! Sounded really good.
Sponsored

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
Yeah below are my two videos with the MBRP Street and the MAK deletes.

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
[MENTION=14371]'Merica[/MENTION] does

heard it this past weekend. Wakes up the mbrp big time! Sounded really good.
Yeah below are my two videos with the MBRP Street and the MAK deletes.

[MENTION=14371]'Merica[/MENTION] - That sounds great, man! Congrats!!

[MENTION=12175]Khyber[/MENTION] - About how loud is 'Merica's set-up with the deletes compared to your Xtreme? Any chance you guys could make a comparison video side by side?

Update on finding a shop - Asked around and found a local shop that does awesome work and will install for ~$200. I could either do that or go to the ghetto and get it done for less than $100 (guess-timating).

Looking forward to installing these. The Xtreme and ghost cam combo alone is already receiving lots of praise and stares haha.

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Exactly man I'm sure that I could somebody to "hook me up" but I want a quality job/welds. Willing to pay, I figure it still will be cheaper than going the SW, Kooks, ARH route.
Will do, bro! I think I've decided on the shop I'm going to have install these and I will update the thread once the parts come in and get installed. :thumbsup:

Just out of curiosity's sake, why's the welding aspect so important? Isn't it pretty straight-forward?

Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Will do, bro! I think I've decided on the shop I'm going to have install these and I will update the thread once the parts come in and get installed. :thumbsup:

Just out of curiosity's sake, why's the welding aspect so important? Isn't it pretty straight-forward?
I'd love to learn to MIG weld with a small Hobart one day and later do this job. Watching (wearing a welding helmet)welders lay down beads makes me feel like I'm watching an artist work and I know it takes tons of experience and skill. Hopefully you can see some of the work they have done before they try to work on yours although your eye cannot see beneath the weld to see things like weld penetration of course. Just be sure your battery's negative terminal is disconnected to reduce any risk of damage in case they don't have a good ground.

Dramad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Blk
You need to line up the flange correctly so the pipes don't hang down to low. I did mine on Jack stands and 3 people. It was a lil tricky. Also after you cut the drivers side cat off, the pipe that you will be welding the flange to needs to be heated up and rounded out a bit to match the flange hole. The factory pipe is kinda oval shaped and does not fit the flange needed to be welded in very well. Takes a lil time to round it out, but a muffler shop should be able to take care of it no problem.
Another thing to be careful of when welding the flange in is the o2 sensor, the bung hole is very close to where the flange needs to be welded. I removed the sensor and used a bung plug to protect the hole.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
[MENTION=12175]Khyber[/MENTION] - About how loud is 'Merica's set-up with the deletes compared to your Xtreme? Any chance you guys could make a comparison video side by side?

I would say mbrp with cat deletes is a little louder than xtremes by themselves. We might do a video next time we're together but he moved away so not sure when next time is.

Bhoris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black S550 GTPP
Anyone have this paired up to a mbrp exhaust? I'm curious to see how this sounds?
I'm really curious to hear the FRPP Sport exhaust with the cat deletes. I don't think I've heard that combination yet. When I was ready to purchase my exhaust, there weren't nearly as many choices available as there are now. In hindsight, I wish I would have waited for the Bassani catback to come out but I had money burning a hole in my pocket and really wanted to add a cat back system. Anyway, I'm getting my cat deletes installed (along with a JLT CAI and Lund tune/ngauge) Friday morning and couldn't be more excited! I can't wait to see how different the car feels/sounds!

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I would say mbrp with cat deletes is a little louder than xtremes by themselves. We might do a video next time we're together but he moved away so not sure when next time is.
Just wondering does he have the Street or Race version?

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)

My concern is because we are out here in CA it's illegal to begin with, so I'm sure we could find a shop, but will they do a sh*tty job and my cat deletes fall off during a spirited drive or while going over a speed bump. Just want it done right, I have seen welding jobs that looked like a 3rd grader did it!

Bhoris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black S550 GTPP
My concern is because we are out here in CA it's illegal to begin with, so I'm sure we could find a shop, but will they do a sh*tty job and my cat deletes fall off during a spirited drive or while going over a speed bump. Just want it done right, I have seen welding jobs that looked like a 3rd grader did it!
Where in SoCal are you? Are you also in SD? Just because the pipes are illegal here, doesn't necessarily mean a shop will give you guff about installing them. I'm sure most shops, even very reputable ones, would be happy to take the business. After all, it's not illegal to install these pipes in CA, it's just illegal to drive on the road with them. There's a very reputable shop that does some really high end work about 15-20 minutes from my house that I'm having install mine.

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
Just wondering does he have the Street or Race version?
He has the MBRP street. So your MBRP + Cat Delete should be much louder than my Xtreme.

Copy that, I've never had anything welded before since all my parts have been basic bolt-ons on prior cars so I didn't understand the difference in terms of the quality of the welds.

Where in SoCal are you? Are you also in SD? Just because the pipes are illegal here, doesn't necessarily mean a shop will give you guff about installing them. I'm sure most shops, even very reputable ones, would be happy to take the business. After all, it's not illegal to install these pipes in CA, it's just illegal to drive on the road with them. There's a very reputable shop that does some really high end work about 15-20 minutes from my house that I'm having install mine.

[MENTION=13278]Bhoris[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14926]BluByeU[/MENTION] - If all 3 of us are in SD and getting the same job done, we should try and find a shop that will give us a discounted rate for 3 jobs vs going to different shops. Kind of like a group buy. What do you guys think?

Personally, I've only found one shop and it's in Santee. Everyone else has said no. Where are you going? [MENTION=13278]Bhoris[/MENTION]

Bhoris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black S550 GTPP
@Bhoris and @BluByeU - If all 3 of us are in SD and getting the same job done, we should try and find a shop that will give us a discounted rate for 3 jobs vs going to different shops. Kind of like a group buy. What do you guys think?

Personally, I've only found one shop and it's in Santee. Everyone else has said no. Where are you going? @Bhoris
I live about 2-2.5 hours north of SD in south Ventura County so I'm taking it to a reputable shop up here called SS Motorsports. I lived in SD for a good 4 years back during my college days. I don't know of any decent shops down there off the top of my head, though. I'd love to see if the place I'm going to would do a group buy type deal but I doubt you guys want to drive ~2.5 hours to get some cat deletes installed. Besides, I also had to make an appointment so I'm not sure if they'll be able to squeeze us all in on the same day. They're a busy shop.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
I'm in for finding a shop that will possibly offer us a deal out here! I'm in Temecula so I will stop by a reputable exhast shop on the way home and let you know what they say.. [MENTION=20399]SD_GT[/MENTION]
He has the MBRP street. So your MBRP + Cat Delete should be much louder than my Xtreme.

Copy that, I've never had anything welded before since all my parts have been basic bolt-ons on prior cars so I didn't understand the difference in terms of the quality of the welds.

[MENTION=13278]Bhoris[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14926]BluByeU[/MENTION] - If all 3 of us are in SD and getting the same job done, we should try and find a shop that will give us a discounted rate for 3 jobs vs going to different shops. Kind of like a group buy. What do you guys think?

Personally, I've only found one shop and it's in Santee. Everyone else has said no. Where are you going? [MENTION=13278]Bhoris[/MENTION]
Sponsored