Sponsored

2015-2016 Tech Pack and Base GT350 Cooler Solution Discussion

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Complaint looks pretty straight forward, covers most bases, missed one and that's the over all life expectancy of the transmission and differential without coolers or more frequent fluid changes but that's a minor correction as things move Forward.
I guess the courts have to decide on merits and award Class status, and then there are the Ford challenges that we don't have rights and we get kicked out. But 2017 speaks the language
They need to add:
##. Ford manufactured, transported and delivered to Class members vehicles equipped with transmission temperature sensors HOWEVER, UNEXPLAINABLY, vehicles were programmed NOT to display transmission temps.
Sponsored

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
It's in the complaint, non track driving situations and highway.

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
Thanks Tank as always your comments are appreciated as are everyone's.

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
The litigation is for Track ready with safety concerns for street use. I can say my repair orders are a strong backing for the street part. I have never tracked mine as the tires and engine ECU logs will show yet my trans went out. Had this happen at an inopportune time I could of been severely injured. Dallas has high speed limits and I think ranks 2nd in the country for worst traffic. Inability to shift gears and get out of the way with the high speed crazy drivers we have would have been a recipe for disaster.

I have yet in 10yrs living here seen a 2 car accident. When it goes wrong it really goes wrong and there are at least 5-6 cars involved in an accident.

My car is still wrong I test drove it but dealer won't do anything about it. I have made my payments and the dealer went as far as taking away my loaner car stating I couldn't have it for more than 30day as Ford won't reimburse them. Yet who is reimbursing me? I'm making the payment and insurance payments on vapor.

I think the legal filing should be more encompassing and cover more street users. Not only is the tech flawed on the track but also the street.

There is a standing case called Colonial Dodge VS. Miller 420 Mich. 452 (1984) 362 N.W.2d 704

This case required the Court to decide whether the failure to include a spare tire with a new automobile can constitute a substantial impairment in the value of that automobile entitling the buyer to revoke his acceptance of the vehicle under MCL 440.2608; MSA 19.2608 and IT DID.

Same could be said for the oil coolers and there is a direct correlation and line to be drawn between that case and our cars. Because some 2016's had them and Ford including in all 2017 the cooler. There was no information provided to the contrary for the tech pack cars.
Lex, I am also a tech owner in Dallas. I can vouch for your safety concerns with limp mode events. I can just imagine going "limp" on I-35 or Central Expressway in the left lane. Sudden drop in speed, say from 85 to 45 can have a ripple effect behind you, since, as you know, Texans love to tailgate. We just call it drafting. I personally haven't hit limp yet in 4500 miles, but not for lack of trying.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
It's in the complaint, non track driving situations and highway.
Thanks [MENTION=28687]Diana[/MENTION]. I read the complaint and did not see it.

I'm talking about us having to go through the Forscan procedures to turn on our factory installed transmission temperature display. This is valuable information that was deliberately not displayed in the Tech. (I believe you posted you asked the delear to turn yours on and they wouldn't. Why?)
I have yet to hear an explanation why the transmission temperature display is not displayed on the Tech.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Well it seems for what it's worth that Ford dealers do acknowledge there is a recall, and they are able to order the part. I called Muzzi Ford in MA and they ordered for me.

Did anyone order , and if so, how long it took to get the parts ?

Thanks

Diana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350
The oil line took about 10 days to come in

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
:lol: I've been lurking and staying out of it. The usual people lining up on the usual sides saying the same usual things. ;)

It will be interesting to see how it unfolds........
Yes, the armchair lawyers are especially amusing.

Leonard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I just hope that the filing of this lawsuit doesn't cause Ford to cancel the alleged pending diff cooler kit....

Sponsored

1Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Question: How are you guys getting the hose to fit on the cooler? my car is at the installer and just about done but having trouble figuring the safest/best way to get the line to fit on the cooler

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150

1Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name