OP
OP
likeaboss

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I think your 350 tech car is worth more $53K. Try the Kelly blue book instant Cash value or trade value .Just to see where it's @. When I traded a Vette in I got $4777 more then local dealers were willing to give. However the ford dealer has to be in the program with KBB. It gives the dealer the option to use that value no matter what.
Hope this helps.
I did and the KBB offer was $52k, CarMax $53k, dealer originally $48,500 then matched CarMax. Lots of used Tech Packs out there now so I have a feeling the used market is about to tank.
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Maybe you're misreading what I'm saying. I guess it all boils down to the distinction between FoMoCo and Ford Performance, and who made the decisions about how to package the 15/16 cars. My guess is that FP had a hand in the design of the GT350 but it was FoMoCo that made the decisions about options. Don't get me wrong, I'm no happier about the cooling issue than anyone else participating in this discussion. My point was, someone at FP made the decision to heavily discount the transmissions, but yeah, there were only two. Btw, Epiphany announced the availability of the transmissions on September 13th...
I can understand what you're trying to say but I just can't buy into it. The number of times FP is written on my car, the multiple mailings, owners package. They're inseparable, different heads on the same dog, apples and apples.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I did and the KBB offer was $52k, CarMax $53k, dealer originally $48,500 then matched CarMax. Lots of used Tech Packs out there now so I have a feeling the used market is about to tank.
Low $50s is right depending on mileage. They can get around $54-55k out of a Tech fairly easily still. lol at their initial offer though. That's the first one I've heard dipping into the $40ks.

OP
OP
likeaboss

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Low $50s is right depending on mileage. They can get around $54-55k out of a Tech fairly easily still. lol at their initial offer though. That's the first one I've heard dipping into the $40ks.
Yeah, they said the $48k offer was because it was modded. Mods being Track Pack Spoiler, Oil catch cans and window tint. I just laughed...and went to CarMax to get a number. I traded the 16 in with 5500 miles.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, they said the $48k offer was because it was modded. Mods being Track Pack Spoiler, Oil catch cans and window tint. I just laughed...and went to CarMax to get a number. I traded the 16 in with 5500 miles.
All mods people actually want

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
LOL, exactly!
And none of those mods are irreversible. Nor do they cause mechanical issues. They were just nit picking it because they didn't want to buy it unless they had a lot of profit margin

drainey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt 350, magnetic with white strip
I do not get it. If Ford performance did not think tech cars would be tracked why did they give track driving school to tech buyers. If FP was certain of this then only R and Track pac would get the free school. I think they under est. the heat from at least the trans for a fp 8000 rpm car. Based on many discission it appears it is over the limit on only very hard drives. I have done one auto cross and driven it as hard on roads in Texas heat without an issue. At this point with winter coming I am waiting till at least feb to see what FP will offer. Then if I want to track I will add the best after market kit available or hopefully have the FP kit added hopefully at a low cost.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I do not get it. If Ford performance did not think tech cars would be tracked why did they give track driving school to tech buyers. If FP was certain of this then only R and Track pac would get the free school.
Not a valid assumption. Ford isn't discriminating amongst GT350 buyers based on the option packages chosen. You buy a GT350, you get to attend the school.

Screamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2116 GT350
I do not get it. If Ford performance did not think tech cars would be tracked why did they give track driving school to tech buyers. If FP was certain of this then only R and Track pac would get the free school. I think they under est. the heat from at least the trans for a fp 8000 rpm car. Based on many discission it appears it is over the limit on only very hard drives. I have done one auto cross and driven it as hard on roads in Texas heat without an issue. At this point with winter coming I am waiting till at least feb to see what FP will offer. Then if I want to track I will add the best after market kit available or hopefully have the FP kit added hopefully at a low cost.

The thing is.. It is not just high rpm bringing on the heat. On track shifting at 7000 rpm still brought on limpy in six laps.:shrug:

Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Getting this thread back on track (pun intended) I took delivery of my differential cooler this week from Fluidyne.

Working on the mounting details and waiting for my pump to arrive. I decided to tackle the diff first and get the easy application out of the way. What I learn here I can apply to the transmission cooler. I'm waiting to see if Ford offers anything decent before I pull the trigger on the transmission components, most likely go with aftermarket components..

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Is that where Ford placed the diff cooler on track packs?

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
What's the cost on that heat exchanger?
The heat exchanger was $420, Pump was $215, Hoses and connectors are about $85. The rest such as brackets, switch and wiring are from materials that I have lying around.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Getting this thread back on track (pun intended) I took delivery of my differential cooler this week from Fluidyne.

Working on the mounting details and waiting for my pump to arrive. I decided to tackle the diff first and get the easy application out of the way. What I learn here I can apply to the transmission cooler. I'm waiting to see if Ford offers anything decent before I pull the trigger on the transmission components, most likely go with aftermarket components..
Hey Dave,
Thanks for keeping us in the loop on your projects!

I've read that some GT350 rear bumpers have sagged- just wondering how you mounted yours and if you used any of the bumper supports?

BTW, nice truck!
Sponsored