Sponsored

2015-2016 Shelby GT350/GT350R Mustang Orders Placed (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2015+ Shelby GT350/R Mustang did you order

• Total voters

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
even though i hate the heat in the summers here in AZ, i guess i can thankful i dont have to store the car in winter since its still warm here, or at least a normal warm for us.
Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Ok so....talked to a dealer who made sense. You guys might already know this exact thing but I wasn't clear on it so I'm going to post what I understand now - no flaming please!

1 - region rep emails, mails, calls, talks to...somehow conveys to the dealer that their allocation is X 350s and x 350Rs (if any). This doesn't mean that their good to go and put the orders in - it's just a heads up for what they are getting.
2 - Dealer can put an order in the order bank and it will sit there. They can put 20 orders in and it just sits there.
3 - the regional rep will call the dealer when it's time to let the orders through and ask them which order number (from the above order bank) they can assign to each specific allocation.

This is unnerving because in this case, the dealer can assign any order number to any allocation once the rep calls. I believe this is why people don't have DORAs - because the rep hasn't called to say they can be assigned yet.
This is what I thought as well, but now my regional rep is saying they are just waiting on Ford to pull the order.

As of now mine is still in processing..no VIN..no build date. Ordered 6/5

jlwdvm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 350R, '13 Boss 302, '15 Z/28, '69 TA
This is what I thought as well, but now my regional rep is saying they are just waiting on Ford to pull the order.

Ditto...ordered 6/4 with no VIN yet, but I have a DORA.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I wonder if they are going region by region and processing them blocks at a time.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
[MENTION=16067]krt22[/MENTION]

Same thing here

Sponsored

Shabooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
I ordered mine on 6/6 and originally was supposed to be delivered last week (week of 9/6). Just out of curiosity, those of you that ordered around that time, do you remember when your original delivery dates were?

mephim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track (gone), 2019 GT350 (gone)
Have an order (with 2.5k deposit) a dealer at 2k over MSRP. Another dealer just called and asked if I still wanted their allocation @ MSRP, have any of you dealt with this? How did you approach that conversation? Did you try to get them to agree to the better deal? Just looking for tips, this is my first high demand car.

chrsschb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 WRX
Have an order (with 2.5k deposit) a dealer at 2k over MSRP. Another dealer just called and asked if I still wanted their allocation @ MSRP, have any of you dealt with this? How did you approach that conversation? Did you try to get them to agree to the better deal? Just looking for tips, this is my first high demand car.
Would say I found a better deal can you match it? If not pull your deposit and relocate your order.

I ordered mine on 6/6 and originally was supposed to be delivered last week (week of 9/6). Just out of curiosity, those of you that ordered around that time, do you remember when your original delivery dates were?
Ordered then and I don't have any dates yet.

teamz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350

confirmed today at 10/05. hasn't changed since 3 weeks.

chorline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 BMW E92 M3. '14 Jeep GC Diesel
I had (3) in the New England area offer at MSRP but I ended up paying 2K over MSRP just because of the dealer and sales managers reputation. For 2K it wasn't worth the hassle of starting over in my mind. Will have to drive 100 miles to get her once she comes in.. but there are worse things in life :-) good luck!

Sponsored

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS

Couple things to consider.
1. Is the dealership near you that you have the 2k over msrp? If so, you'll more than likely have to take it in sooner or later for something. Better to take it to your local dealership than drive and waste a day.

2. A few people on this forum have had deals go south. Do you know this dealer? And, are you sure they actually have an allocation?

I would hate to throw the current deal away only to find out that the new dealer is jerking you around. Or lets say someone comes in and is willing to pay an ADM and the dealer gets greedy.

There are a lot of people wanting these cars and can't even find a deal for 2k over MSRP.

I know money is money, but if this is a secure deal, I'd stick with what you have and be happy!

Just my 2 cents.

Shabooty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Couple things to consider.
1. Is the dealership near you that you have the 2k over msrp? If so, you'll more than likely have to take it in sooner or later for something. Better to take it to your local dealership than drive and waste a day.

2. A few people on this forum have had deals go south. Do you know this dealer? And, are you sure they actually have an allocation?

I would hate to throw the current deal away only to find out that the new dealer is jerking you around. Or lets say someone comes in and is willing to pay an ADM and the dealer gets greedy.

There are a lot of people wanting these cars and can't even find a deal for 2k over MSRP.

I know money is money, but if this is a secure deal, I'd stick with what you have and be happy!

Just my 2 cents.
I think this is pretty sound advice in my opinion. If you have a vin and even a build date, then 2k in the long run isn't a big deal especially if you know you're getting the car you want versus potentially get screwed with the other dealer and ending up with nothing.

Jmk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350
I think this is pretty sound advice in my opinion. If you have a vin and even a build date, then 2k in the long run isn't a big deal especially if you know you're getting the car you want versus potentially get screwed with the other dealer and ending up with nothing.
I would go with the sure thing. I just called my dealer (Bartlett ford in Brookston In.) for an update on my order. He informed me that ford has closed him down and hes trying to get my deposit back. Whatever that means. It sounds like i just gotten screwed. Ford is no help either. So buyer beware. If u trust the guy pay him the 2k. Or u could end up like me. Paying 2k for some posters and a informational dvd:frusty:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I would go with the sure thing. I just called my dealer (Bartlett ford in Brookston In.) for an update on my order. He informed me that ford has closed him down and hes trying to get my deposit back. Whatever that means. It sounds like i just gotten screwed. Ford is no help either. So buyer beware. If u trust the guy pay him the 2k. Or u could end up like me. Paying 2k for some posters and a informational dvd:frusty:
Sounds like he did not have an allocation or perhaps had 1 and hoped/tried to get another

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
That doesn't make sense.
You mean to tell me that that dealership took your 2k deposit and "hope" to get it back to you?!?! :eyebulge: :crazy: Is that a non-refundable deposit?
I'm sure you should get your money back if they cannot get you the car. Good luck!!
Sponsored