Sponsored

2015-2016 Shelby GT350/GT350R Mustang Orders Placed (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2015+ Shelby GT350/R Mustang did you order

• Total voters

blondie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6
mine has had the exact same dates, currently at 10/12

vin is 0418
where in the VIN can I find this so maybe i can figure out where i stand? Does a hugher number mean a later date, is it that simple?
Sponsored

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
thats just the last 4 of the vin number. they may or may not be built in order.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
Well after a nightmare and disgusting dealership experience I just got off the phone with with a dealership out of province, and deposit left on a GT350 R with electronics package. His last comment to me was "congratulations on your purchase" and I eagerly await email confirmation with specifics. I will need to pick a colour by Friday. I have it narrowed to Race Red, black roof, or DIB with black roof (sales manager told me OTT black stripe not available with black roof on DIB, had to be one or the other...I think he is mistaken...is he?). Anyhow, fingers crossed this moves forward without a hitch. Thanks to Katastrophe on this forum for his help...class act. Cheers!
Congrats!

Happy to help!

:cheers:

Mustang Mike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
13 ZL1 vert
8/31, 9/14 and today its been pushed back to 10/12.
Hey Johnb-5.0, I just noticed you ordered race Red and have VIN 0403. Mine is also Race Red and is VIN 0404. I haven't checked with dealer in a while. When they called with VIN they said week of 8/31. I'm sure I'm in the same boat getting pushed back. Anyhow, just saw the VIN and color and thought I would give you a quick shout.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
This is all very strange. Are they building any cars in September?
This seems completely normal to me. It's possible that encountered some issues with assembly over the first X cars from 2015 batch and they need to correct them before ratcheting up production.

If it were an actual parts problem, I would expect the engineering or material holds to be visible. But I'm not sure they'd note something that requires some process adjustment. My point is, it's *very* early in production. They're still making adjustments.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Johnb-5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2006 Volvo XC90 GT350
Hey Johnb-5.0, I just noticed you ordered race Red and have VIN 0403. Mine is also Race Red and is VIN 0404. I haven't checked with dealer in a while. When they called with VIN they said week of 8/31. I'm sure I'm in the same boat getting pushed back. Anyhow, just saw the VIN and color and thought I would give you a quick shout.

Also both are being shipped to Missouri, the home of the best two teams in baseball! :cheers: What options did you get? I ordered base with black stripes and black roof.

ShelbyGirl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Supposedly mine just passed into Georgia from Tennessee and then heads into Atlanta before finaling at a Columbia S.C. rail spur.

Final leg delivery by road to Hilton Head who knows when?

:shrug:
Congrats Harry! This must mean that the rest of us that were built in July are soon to follow? When did your status change to "Transit"?

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
It seems the right hand isn't sure what the left hand is doing at Ford. Friday I got a call from dealer informing me that my car was scheduled for delivery on 9/28. I called Ford Performance the same day and they they me it isn't scheduled for production until 10/12, but they don't show a VIN. Then I check with FordService here by msg and they can provide me with a VIN, but show no actual production information. Things that make you go hmmmmm. :D

Magpul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra AT 4x4
Man it's hard as hell to find a dealer with an allocation at MSRP. My original dealer said Ford is not providing additional allocations so he will not be getting anymore, that's the only dealer I have found out of about 50 now that had an allocation at MSRP. This sucks.

Sponsored

u8mylunch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Corvette, 2003 Audi A6, 1984 Ford F150
Man it's hard as hell to find a dealer with an allocation at MSRP. My original dealer said Ford is not providing additional allocations so he will not be getting anymore, that's the only dealer I have found out of about 50 now that had an allocation at MSRP. This sucks.
Where in the Midwest are you located.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I wonder if they reshuffled production orders and eliminated the manual allocation process that was originally supposed to occur driven by the regional reps (ripe for pissing off a lot of folks I imagine), hence the delays and the mounting number of VINs without anything being built yet. They also might be processing them all before build to get a better idea of the total volume of orders thus far vs their initial expectations

When I first placed my order, I was told the regional rep dictated when it was sent to be built, latest message was orders are now being pulled manually by the factory and the dealer/rep don't have any control or visibility on how or when it will be done.

Mustang Mike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
13 ZL1 vert
Also both are being shipped to Missouri, the home of the best two teams in baseball! :cheers: What options did you get? I ordered base with black stripes and black roof.
I got the tech package and white stripes. I agonized over black or white. The black looks awesome!

Good luck!

Fordlandia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Vehicle(s)
1967 Sunbeam Tiger Mark II, 1966 Sunbeam Tiger Mark I, 1965 356C Porsche, 2016 GT350, 1966 Sunbeam Alpine
VIN = 0394. Grey with white stripes and tech package. Originally told the car had a 8/31 build date... but notified yesterday that it is now 10/12.
Sponsored