2 step options for the manual

Roki187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally
Vehicle(s)
15gt pp, 2jz s14, 7.5 Gti and a Ls430
Any one have good experience with 2 step and no lift shift on the 15 manual? Boosted or not.....Looking to get one and not sure which one to get. Ive been searching a while and asked a few vendors but haven't been able to find any usable info. Any help will be greatly appreciated
Sponsored

Last edited:

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
Cobb has this stuff by default now on their cars via the Accessports. I have it on my ST. Launch control, no lift shift, two step, etc. It's awesome.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
We've been using the N2MB WOT box with excellent results. It's not only a 2 step but also has a no lift shift feature which cuts the ignition for a split second to allow the syncros to mesh easier and prevent missed shifts.

Here's a few videos of our cars running the WOT box.
[ame]
[ame]

We have these in here in stock and ready to ship so please feel free to give us a call if you have any questions.
http://www.lethalperformance.com/n2mb-racing-dual-feature-wot-box.html

Thanks, Jared

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I wasn't aware things like this existed for cars. I know they have them for sport bikes. Not a bad idea at all. How's the actual install? And where does it go? Im guessing it cuts ignition as soon as the clutch is pushed down? Does this affect daily driving?

Last edited:

EcoBlue68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Impact Blue Ecoboost
There is a two step on the GT's nowadays from the factory.

Also if your not running your car at the drag strip constantly I would not recommend getting a no lift shift spark cut system. They are VERY hard on the car on multiple fronts. Transmission and clutch are the obviously affected components but I've actually seen a car blow holes in its exhaust with some nice backfires as well.

As a race part its great. But as a daily your going to wind up with a lot of issues.

Sponsored

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
There is a two step on the GT's nowadays from the factory.
If you are referring to launch control (LC)...it is not the same. Along with the rpm hold LC offers, LC kills power once it detects wheel spin. As soon as you turn traction control off, LC is disabled...thus you lose the rpm hold.

A 2 step can be turned off for daily use.

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If you are referring to launch control (LC)...it is not the same. Along with the rpm hold LC offers, LC kills power once it detects wheel spin. As soon as you turn traction control off, LC is disabled...thus you lose the rpm hold.QUOTE]

Are you sure about that?? Not being a smartass, I'm just curious because what you say does make sense, but I ALWAYS turn all of my TC/advancetrack nannies off (all the way off) when I get in my car, LC still shows on my display and works. Only reason I ask is because of the damn "bogging down" I get on a DR even with a 4500 rpm launch (DR's at 35psi).. Seems like I can NEVER get rid of that damn initial launch bogging down, I wonder if using the LC kills the power when it senses wheel spin period even with the nannies off??

emh87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Premium 6MT
Are you sure about that?? Not being a smartass, I'm just curious because what you say does make sense, but I ALWAYS turn all of my TC/advancetrack nannies off (all the way off) when I get in my car, LC still shows on my display and works. Only reason I ask is because of the damn "bogging down" I get on a DR even with a 4500 rpm launch (DR's at 35psi).. Seems like I can NEVER get rid of that damn initial launch bogging down, I wonder if using the LC kills the power when it senses wheel spin period even with the nannies off??
You can use LC with the nannies off, if it does detect wheel spin it will bog you down, but one way you can get around it I've noticed is to quickly press in the clutch again and out while launching.

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You can use LC with the nannies off, if it does detect wheel spin it will bog you down, but one way you can get around it I've noticed is to quickly press in the clutch again and out while launching.

So just "double clutching it" then ?? lol

emh87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Premium 6MT

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
The factory launch control and 2 steps that we've used on other cars we've owned never worked out for us. Reason being is that you still need Advancetrak up and running for any of those features to be operational. When you keep the advancetrak fuse in place it almost always causes other at the track. You're way better off disabling any type of factory launch control/advancetrak and either launch it manually or with an aftermarket 2 step such as the N2MB Wot Box or MSD 2-step.

Jared

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
But why would the LC still show on my display if I have advance track completely disabled (hold the TC button and brake pedal for 5-10 seconds)? While the LC is on, the TC light is also on, and the LC works when I have the clutch pedal pressed and reach the set RPM. I would THINK that both of those would be totally NOT related... like since the LC and line lock and a couple other things are separate under the "track apps". ?? Who the hell wants to use line lock and LC with traction control?? lol

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Also, that box probably wouldn't be a great idea to use on a nitrous car that only sees the spray when its floored right?

Hoblick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
We've been using the N2MB WOT box with excellent results. It's not only a 2 step but also has a no lift shift feature which cuts the ignition for a split second to allow the syncros to mesh easier and prevent missed shifts.

We have these in here in stock and ready to ship so please feel free to give us a call if you have any questions.

Thanks, Jared

great another thing to add to my list

OP
OP
Roki187

Roki187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally
Vehicle(s)
15gt pp, 2jz s14, 7.5 Gti and a Ls430

Thanks, Jared
Much appreciated Jared.

Looking forward to this season with all the upgrades.

Are instructions included?
Sponsored