Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Really hope Mustang gets its 10-speed no later than the '18MY refresh. Let Camaro bed it in for it's 16/17MY, assuming it gets it that soon of course, then give it to Mustang :D

imjuslazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Gti
They just need to use the ZF 8 speed that everyone else is using. There is a reason everyone is outsourcing their transmissions especially the ZF unit. Its the best. Why spend all this money developing and building your own unit when a quality proven one is already in the market? Makes no sense. They need to get with the times. Especially in a performance car...

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Agreed on the ZF unit.

Unless you expect to develop something that will take it to the next level.

But even then use the ZF unit now and then replace it when you have something better.

imjuslazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Gti
With the camaro dropping weight and if it gets the corvette 8 speed, let's just say that's a hard combo to beat.

Sponsored

JolleyRoger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
Drove the challenger Scat Pack with the 8-speed auto and that is an extremely nice set-up. That trans shifts so ficken fast up and down it is crazy, faster than any human for sure. I have not driven an Auto in the stang, but my guess is it feels nothing like that new 8-speed.:hail:

imjuslazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Gti
Drove the challenger Scat Pack with the 8-speed auto and that is an extremely nice set-up. That trans shifts so ficken fast up and down it is crazy, faster than any human for sure. I have not driven an Auto in the stang, but my guess is it feels nothing like that new 8-speed.:hail:

Every auto will be a disappointment after the 8 speed. Especially the 6 speed in the mustang.
Sponsored