Sponsored

[?] '18 Intake Manifold on '15-'17

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
While true, that has no bearing on the conversation being had, which is about NA build.
You’re advice was get another car, blower, or rev it. I’m just saying if someone doesn’t want to rev the shit out of it and takes one of the other options, a blown coyote is a better choice imo
Sponsored

8915GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hello gents,
I'm getting my 2018 IM ported, so I'll be getting an updated tune, shift points are set pretty low. Wondering what should I ask my tuner to set then to?
WOT shift points at 7400 and the rev limiter set to 7900?
Stock as OPG's and NA
TIA!

JJR512

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 50 Years LE #1523
Well my day is getting closer. Sunday. That's the day I have set aside for my install, and I've made arrangements to meet up with someone who's going to help me. I have to say, though, that I'm still a bit unclear about the vacuum lines. Specifically whether I'm going to need more, or to modify existing lines, or what. I've seen different videos and this point is often glossed over. I've seen them routed in several different ways, I've seen some say you need to buy extra hose, I've seen some say you can modify existing hose and don't have to buy more, I've seen some where no mention of either is made at all.

Mine is a 2015 and, upon advice of both VMP and my local shop (as well as my own gut), I'm keeping the IMRC system functional.

8915GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well my day is getting closer. Sunday. That's the day I have set aside for my install, and I've made arrangements to meet up with someone who's going to help me. I have to say, though, that I'm still a bit unclear about the vacuum lines. Specifically whether I'm going to need more, or to modify existing lines, or what. I've seen different videos and this point is often glossed over. I've seen them routed in several different ways, I've seen some say you need to buy extra hose, I've seen some say you can modify existing hose and don't have to buy more, I've seen some where no mention of either is made at all.

Mine is a 2015 and, upon advice of both VMP and my local shop (as well as my own gut), I'm keeping the IMRC system functional.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/18-intake-manifold-on-15-17.95295/page-139#post-2484746

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

i know you are meeting up with someone but im in Hanover (Arundel Mills Mall area) if you wanted to meet up for a few minutes or something so I can show you what i did. Just send a PM if you would like. I just did it back in october and was fairly simple.

8915GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I got the parts you mentioned in that post.

In your second photo, what's going on there...what's the plugged hose about?
You only need one vacuum line so I plugged the other side of the Y connector, since then I purchased the correct vacuum coupler at pep boys and removed the Y connector.
Screenshot_20200123-204440.png
Screenshot_20200123-204452.png

JJR512

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
You only need one vacuum line so I plugged the other side of the Y connector, since then I purchased the correct vacuum coupler at pep boys and removed the Y connector.
Screenshot_20200123-204440.png
Screenshot_20200123-204452.png
So this is another thing I should go buy? What size is it?

Sponsored

JJR512

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
What ever is easier for you, I bought a vacuum connector set like this one since the hoses are two different sizes there.
https://www.autozone.com/fittings-a...rd-vacuum-tubing-connector-8-piece/426012_0_0
Thanks. But now that the physical part of my swap is done, I'm confused about what that hose is even for. It's not in my system. Where yours connects at the rear of the manifold, mine has an oval cap. And I don't know what yours connects to at the front end. What is that hose for, and what does it connect to?

JJR512

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Now that I think about it even more, I start to wonder this. There's that part called the "purge valve assembly", the part with two mounting ears with grommets, that the vacuum line with the green retain clip connects to, and an electrical connector connects to it, and a couple other vacuum line. That part mounts to the 2015-17 manifold by way of those ears. But there's no place to mount it to the 2018 manifold, that's why it's left sort of free-floating. But isn't there an equivalent part on 2018+ cars? Why isn't anybody using that part? I'm speculating that maybe the vacuum routing would look more neat and tidy up there between the front of the manifold and the coolant body, that whole general area, if the MY-specific part was used. Has anyone looked into this?

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Now that I think about it even more, I start to wonder this. There's that part called the "purge valve assembly", the part with two mounting ears with grommets, that the vacuum line with the green retain clip connects to, and an electrical connector connects to it, and a couple other vacuum line. That part mounts to the 2015-17 manifold by way of those ears. But there's no place to mount it to the 2018 manifold, that's why it's left sort of free-floating. But isn't there an equivalent part on 2018+ cars? Why isn't anybody using that part? I'm speculating that maybe the vacuum routing would look more neat and tidy up there between the front of the manifold and the coolant body, that whole general area, if the MY-specific part was used. Has anyone looked into this?
@fmc_smt sent me a clean method for the evap solenoid ...reach out to him

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Yes, the purge valve on the 18+ is on the driver's side of the manifold but the problem is so is the wiring for it on the 18+. This the same situation as the Boss 302 manifold install. Most Fords is the same valve, just with different hose routing of mounting. I chose the cheapest option I saw that looked like a good fit. I'm going to mount it up front using Hose - Fuel Vapour - Ford JR3Z-9G297-A because it looks like it will be a little less bulky, just shorten the hose to the manifold port. The kit for the BOSS 302 manifold is more expensive and extended the wiring off the top of my head. I also didn't want to cut up my 15 purge valve and use hose clamps, I'm keeping all my stock 15 parts from every modification intact on a on hand; suspension, rims, engine, interior...
Sponsored