Sponsored

1500 mile road trip

Shawnski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whatever I need
I originally took delivery of my 2015 EB on 2/28. It sat in storage until Tuesday April 21 as I planned to drive it down to Fort Myers FL as my daily driver every other month per my occupation.

So, I headed out with my oldest son, the first thing that strikes me about this car is how 70s Americana it feels. Not in a retrospective way but in the mood the car sets. I will try to explain; first of all it’s large. The last new Mustang I bought was a '99 GT, before that an '88 GT and through the years I have owned 5 fox bodies and 1 additional new edge, a '04 Cobra convert. All of these had roots with the fox chassis with moderate proportions.

The '15 Mustang is easily the most expressive since the '73 Mustang. Yes we have had many well done Mustangs since '74, but the '15 has baked in character that is remarkably state of the art in terms of content yet has a swagger that reminds me of the last great year for American cars; 1973. '73 was the year before federal mandated bumpers and just before the oil crisis. Four of the hottest pony cars were still available that year; Boss 351, 'Cuda 340, Z/28 W/LT1 350, and the Poncho TA SD 455. Cars that exuded charisma and style, and cars the Japanese tried to copy with their Mazda Rx3’s, Toyo Celica.

The 2015 Mustang with its wild nose, long hood, squatty rear end, and in your face dashboard is a masterpiece of what makes American cars so cool; content, style and performance. In the case of my EB, I cannot believe how good this car is for $28.5k out the door. The Mustang really began to have world class driving dynamics with the S197, now the S550 is without a doubt the best overall American car I have ever driven, and I have been driving for over 30 years.

It is really amazing to again see how great uniquely American cars can be! The '15 next to my box like '82 GT at my FL outpost.
FL stangs.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
I think you have nailed it. I love my Foxes, having had 6 of them, but the 15 is something different entirely. A lot more style, and thankfully a lot more substance to go with it. Where the Fox was a cheap chassis holding up a great engine, the 15 is a complete, modern car that can compete with anyone, anywhere.

AMWill

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Track Pack 5.0
I originally took delivery of my 2015 EB on 2/28. It sat in storage until Tuesday April 21 as I planned to drive it down to Fort Myers FL as my daily driver every other month per my occupation.

So, I headed out with my oldest son, the first thing that strikes me about this car is how 70s Americana it feels. Not in a retrospective way but in the mood the car sets. I will try to explain; first of all it’s large. The last new Mustang I bought was a '99 GT, before that an '88 GT and through the years I have owned 5 fox bodies and 1 additional new edge, a '04 Cobra convert. All of these had roots with the fox chassis with moderate proportions.

The '15 Mustang is easily the most expressive since the '73 Mustang. Yes we have had many well done Mustangs since '74, but the '15 has baked in character that is remarkably state of the art in terms of content yet has a swagger that reminds me of the last great year for American cars; 1973. '73 was the year before federal mandated bumpers and just before the oil crisis. Four of the hottest pony cars were still available that year; Boss 351, 'Cuda 340, Z/28 W/LT1 350, and the Poncho TA SD 455. Cars that exuded charisma and style, and cars the Japanese tried to copy with their Mazda Rx3’s, Toyo Celica.

The 2015 Mustang with its wild nose, long hood, squatty rear end, and in your face dashboard is a masterpiece of what makes American cars so cool; content, style and performance. In the case of my EB, I cannot believe how good this car is for $28.5k out the door. The Mustang really began to have world class driving dynamics with the S197, now the S550 is without a doubt the best overall American car I have ever driven, and I have been driving for over 30 years.

It is really amazing to again see how great uniquely American cars can be! The '15 next to my box like '82 GT at my FL outpost.
This is an awesome write up Shawn and you pretty much hit the nail right on the head!

I had the pleasure of taking a road-trip in an Ecoboost earlier this week and it is definitely an awesome car to cruise in and they are a blast to drive.

I'm glad that you're enjoying your S550 and make sure to let me know if you ever needed anything! I know she won't stay stock for long ;)

-Will

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I agree...the 2015 is closest to my 1972 Mach I in feeling wrapped within the car. But with much better handling, acceleration and fuel efficiency.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
You suck. :) That looks just like my 1982 Mustang GT I had back in the 80's.

that is the one car I want back in all the ones I have owned. But, as a 17 year old kid, I saw an 89 LX 5.0 as an upgrade to (which it was back then).

I just remember, I owned everyone 0-50 in that car. the 2 barrel carb just jumped off the line. But hit 3rd gear and it lost most of it's glory.

Sponsored

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
But hit 3rd gear and it lost most of it's glory.
157 HP was just not that much, no matter how good it sounded.

I wanted one bad that year (1982). Had a line on one that I would have loved, but ex-wifey said no. (She said that a lot.) We ended up with a (don't laugh) Buick Skyhawk T-Type, which she loved. It had 88 HP. I did not love it.

OP
OP
Shawnski

Shawnski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whatever I need
You suck. :) That looks just like my 1982 Mustang GT I had back in the 80's.

I just remember, I owned everyone 0-50 in that car. the 2 barrel carb just jumped off the line. But hit 3rd gear and it lost most of it's glory.
Haha! My oldest son bought this when he came back from Afghan in 2012 and stationed in CO Springs. I bought it from him to keep in the family when he needed the money. I freshened up the motor in my condo garage with new rings, bearings, timing chain, oil pump etc. Put on some late E7 heads with a mild cleanup on the exhaust side, a Comp 268H cam, headers, Holley 750 vac sec carb.

I also put in 3.27 gears (stock 3.08), which really helps that redic 1.00 ratio 3rd gear... I always admired the '82 since they came out when I was in HS. Fun car to drive that takes me back to a different time.

Last edited:

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
157 HP was just not that much, no matter how good it sounded.

I wanted one bad that year (1982). Had a line on one that I would have loved, but ex-wifey said no. (She said that a lot.) We ended up with a (don't laugh) Buick Skyhawk T-Type, which she loved. It had 88 HP. I did not love it.
sounds like this one

[ame]

GT-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Glad we could get another 6g member in the area! Hope to see that beauty tearing up the streets here
Sponsored